Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ray Rice, Bernard Pierce May Be In For A Big Day vs. Colts

33 posts in this topic

The Indianapolis Colts have the 29th ranked rush defense in the NFL.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ray-Rice-Bernard-Pierce-May-Be-In-For-A-Big-Day-vs-Colts/254bc7f1-e197-4dbd-bd38-f8881c1441a9]View the full article[/url]

It feels great knowing that both will be game-planned to get many more touches!

I am confident in a resounding victory tomorrow, spearheaded by our run game!!!

I hopw to God the Colts 'Defense don't even think about cheating! Cause they are going to have a big problem if they do!

"You can't do the same thing all the time against any team in this league, because if you do they will shut you down" Caldwell said. "We have to be able to mix it up a little bit of run and pass and change the pace a little bit."

Anybody else started crying tears of joy after reading this?

Rice and Pierce will both top 100yds again because we no longer have pass happy Cam Camron to hold the running game back. The game we had against the giants is how we should perform from here on out into next season. Nice run-pass balance where Ray Rice and Joe Flacco can have nice numbers.

Run the ball to open up the play action pass game. BUT do not stop running the ball. OH sorry Cam is gone no need to say that;-) We will run the rock!

Pierce has been a beast lately, I hope he is 100% come gameday and embarrasses the Colts defense. I would love to see both Pierce and Rice running for over 100 yards each. I think Caldwell understands the importance of our run game.

My first thought on this article was one that I have read all this before and we never take advantage of the other teams weakness. Then I remembered Cam isn't here and I actually got excited. We might actually attack their weakness in a strategic way.

Hey Diddle-diddle..................did we do too little? Rice signed and Joe hanging with no contract for next year. With Bernard, a rookie looking like he too could have been a steal. The Ravens go as far as Joe can take them. Rice&Pierce can be stopped with 8 in the box so Joe must throw the "run" open. No huddle run oriented,short quick passes with Caldwell abandoning the tweaked Cameron "statue" in the pocket bombs away game plan. Joe can go long off play action but only if thge run threat is combined with Boldin,Pitta,Rice ball control short paSSES mixed in/. Easy......HUH? My recliner allows me all those options and I've only been sacked less than 1/2 as many times as Joe and I don't ever get Caryized by their WRs. Gett'em Ray-Ed GO RAVENS !!

[quote name='axisofeeble' timestamp='1357411021' post='1290260']
Hey Diddle-diddle..................did we do too little? Rice signed and Joe hanging with no contract for next year. With Bernard, a rookie looking like he too could have been a steal. The Ravens go as far as Joe can take them. Rice&Pierce can be stopped with 8 in the box so Joe must throw the "run" open. No huddle run oriented,short quick passes with Caldwell abandoning the tweaked Cameron "statue" in the pocket bombs away game plan. Joe can go long off play action but only if thge run threat is combined with Boldin,Pitta,Rice ball control short paSSES mixed in/. Easy......HUH? My recliner allows me all those options and I've only been sacked less than 1/2 as many times as Joe and I don't ever get Caryized by their WRs. Gett'em Ray-Ed GO RAVENS !!
[/quote]

Cam's problem was, that he wasn't creative with his own play book. In those select instances, when he actually was (like for example the Bengals game) we succeeded easily.
The answer to our inconsistency problems is (in my opinion) more dynamic and less predictable play calling.
Cam went pass happy this season. It didn't work.
Last season he loved to run the ball (we know the run-run-pass drill, right?). It didn't work.
How about we realize, that we have a great QB AND a great RB and use both? Sounds good to me.

need a great performance by the o-line. if that happens than the offense will have a huge day

Shame to know Pierce won't be with the Ravens for too long... He's simply too good to be a backup RB... I'm afraid he'll be gone once he's a free agent. Rice is probably still be in his prime at that time, so, i guess Pierce is gonna find a starting spot somewhere.

Hope like he'll I'll prove to be wrong.

bio

All I can say is that drafting Bernard Pierce was just pure genius!!! The kid is freakishly good and he is just a rookie. Why would Bernard Pierce leave? Both Ray and Bernard complete each other. In this league you need 2 good runningbacks and I dont think Bernard would leave to be a number one guy. Both Ray and Bernard split time and get a decent share of plays. It is a perfect situation for both guys to shine.

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1357422671' post='1290441']
Shame to know Pierce won't be with the Ravens for too long... He's simply too good to be a backup RB... I'm afraid he'll be gone once he's a free agent. Rice is probably still be in his prime at that time, so, i guess Pierce is gonna find a starting spot somewhere.

Hope like he'll I'll prove to be wrong.

bio
[/quote]

Who knows, Bio! He may be that rare creature who relishes a dual role with Rice if our coaches defy conventional wisdom and feature two backs!

They need to give him the carries he needs to feel apart of the Offense and not a sub!

Then again, if his rookie contract is up when Rice's 5 year deal is up,... uh-oh! Too far ahead to worry about!

Time of possession is possible by smart play calling. If that happens, then we will have enough snaps on offense to give 30 touches to Rice. When that happens, we typically win against anybody. However, it depends fully on smart play calling and smart error free football by Flacco!

So in summary, it is up to Flacco and Caldwell to win us this game. Not Rice or Pierce frankly. Rice and Pierce are awesome, but only when they have the ball in their hands...

I agree that Joe and Rice/Pierce need big days today but it's the O-Line that really needs to have the big day. After that, everything else falls into place.
Which Flacco will we see? Which Reed? Which Ray Lewis for that matter.
Is Birk healthy and strong enough to hold the center?
With the emotion this game has because of Ray retiring, I think all of our guys will be on point. This is going to be a game the solidifies our team as a SB contender!

The colts will set the edge with mathis and freeny forcing rice to run between the tackles, then the colts will shut him down. That will force the ball to the least effective player...Joe Flacco. I am sure that is their plan, you always want to force the ball to the least effective man on offense. You dont want force the ball in the hands of Brady or Manning. That is why Joe is not an elite quarterback,teams want him to have the ball because they know he can't get it done.

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, January 6, 2013 - Hijacking a thread, troll warning · Report post

Without ray rice flacco would look like sanchez.

Ray Rice was so passionate about Ray being like a father to him. I know he is going to play his heart out today for his dad. Pierce has really come into his own toward the end of this season, I look for his good play to continue today. I think both running backs will come up big today. Jim Caldwell will see to that for all of us.

Go Ravens!

[quote name='missing person' timestamp='1357486772' post='1291578']
Without ray rice flacco would look like sanchez.
[/quote]
How can you say that? Did you see that Cardinals game last season? His game winning pass to Torrey Smith in Pittsburgh. How he played better than Tom Brady in the AFC Championship game or his play in the Giants game, two games ago.

Brother, today could be Ray's last game - why would you insult Joe now?

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, January 6, 2013 - Hijacking a thread, troll warning · Report post

Because with an average back he would be benched.. Same dead offense 10 years later.