bravensfan52

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Looks like the north just got real interesting

ESPNCleveland
Chip Kelly is likely to be named the #Browns next head coach, barring a last-second change of heart http://t.co/sgTQ2M6E
1/4/13 5:59 PM

RapSheet
BREAKING: Chip Kelly is close to a deal to become the #Browns coach, according to a source informed of his situation.

Edited by bravensfan52, 04 January 2013 - 06:05 PM.

Live life like 52 plays- Bravensfan52

#2 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

goodness gracious... The Browns are really trying to compete lol. Idk how Trent will fit within his kind of system though

z66oxxi.jpg

#3 bravensfan52

bravensfan52

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

goodness gracious... The Browns are really trying to compete lol. Idk how Trent will fit within his kind of system though

I thought the same thing. If the can get Kelly Off in set up in the next 3 years the north might be in trouble. They are likely going to run system close to what the pats run.
Live life like 52 plays- Bravensfan52

#4 ravens__

ravens__

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

Woah. Thank God the Redskins traded.up to grab RG3 cause with Chip Kelly, that would be a lethal combination.

2010 BR.com "You Pick 'em" Champion

10fqgjp.jpg

#5 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,714 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

I'm not worried, on the contrary, I'm quite relieved. Having watched a lot of Oregon games, I disagree with the notion that Chip Kelly does anything mind-blowing on offense. While he does use a lot of good concepts, plenty of teams use those same concepts (notably the Pats). When his offense goes up against a notable defense, his teams have fallen short on numerous occasions and I'm not talking about against Auburn. The main difference to me is the pace at they run, and that's not going to work in the NFL. The salary cap and long schedule will prevent it, it's not possible to have depth effective enough to run it, at least not on a consistent basis. On top of that, Cleveland lacks the personnel on offense to really make much of a difference. Seriously, we're not going to be scared of Old Man Weeden, are we?

And it's still Cleveland. If any organization/city/team could put the brakes on an over-hyped coach it's that one.

Edited by T3hRaven, 04 January 2013 - 06:42 PM.

#6 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,496 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

Weeden should be in a fast-paced offense anyway, so that makes sense.

#7 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

Looking forward to seeing brownsfan's reaction.
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#8 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

With them bringing in Chip I'm that much more relieved they didn't pony up to get RG3. They should at least be fun to watch next year.

#9 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,714 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Looking forward to seeing brownsfan's reaction.

What's the over under on the amount of time Browns' fans in general start saying they're Super Bowl favorites next year?

#10 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

What's the over under on the amount of time Browns' fans in general start saying they're Super Bowl favorites next year?

With Trent Richardson and the declining Steelers, it might be sooner than you would think.
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#11 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,714 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

With Trent Richardson and the declining Steelers, it might be sooner than you would think.

There's still both the Ravens and the Bengals to overcome. And until they get a real QB, they're not contenders in today's league. Richardson isn't going to carry them to a title.

#12 Blackbird11

Blackbird11

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

If Chip Kelly works out in Cleveland then the Browns could actually become dangerous. Their defense is already pretty good, as is their offensive line. Trent Richardson carried their offense for practically the entire season with broken ribs. I don't know about Weeden, but with a good draft this year the Browns could do some damage...

#13 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

I like more competition. Makes division games more interesting. If your the best team you will beat them. The Steelers are on their way out. Big Ben is crumbling and their top players are declining while their drafts have been sub-par as of late. Add in their impending cap crisis from restructured deals for guys who aren't even playing that well anymore and well see this team implode.

The Browns still have major holes and a single head coach isn't going to change that around.

2yno6dx.png

#14 jackriley134

jackriley134

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

Looks like the north just got real interesting

ESPNCleveland
Chip Kelly is likely to be named the #Browns next head coach, barring a last-second change of heart http://t.co/sgTQ2M6E
I just don't think the browns have the right personnel for chip Kelly's system, I feel like Kelly would have a better chance of succeeding with another team

RapSheet
BREAKING: Chip Kelly is close to a deal to become the #Browns coach, according to a source informed of his situation.

#15 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,685 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

I hate this. Chip Kelly is going to be the next genius NFL head coach.

Great move by the Browns, but their offense is going to have a completely different look next season.

"It's like somebody created him on Madden." - Jacoby Jones on Joe Flacco

"Hodor." - Hodor

#16 Latch

Latch

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

can't see chip being able to right the ship. he was an above-average coach of a talented team that plays 3 or 4 decent games a year. i have nothing against oregon, i just think that as of late they've been almost as overrated as USC. Even worse, when chip recruited out west he would recruit people specifically to fit his scheme. cue rebuild mode, cleveland!

#17 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,238 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

It's going to be a tough fight for second place between the Bengals, Browns and Steelers in the AFC North. That's certain.

Edited by PolishRifle, 05 January 2013 - 12:37 PM.

bJNF689.jpg

#18 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,761 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

Kelly doesn't have even close to the weapons he needs to run his style of offense with the Browns. Its going to be a disgusting mess and he'll probably forget to give Richardson 20 carries a game, which is what he and that offense needs to be successful.

#19 ravefan52

ravefan52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

Not anymore. Kelly isnt going!

#20 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

Telling It Like It Is Since 1974

• Members