Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flaccopoe

Luck Or Flacco?!

101 posts in this topic

Saw this being discussed on ESPN's [i]Numbers Never Lie[/i].Which quarterback would you rather have [b][i]this Sunday[/i][/b]?! Rally under Air Flacco's banner on twitter! #LuckOrFlacco

Flacco, everyone forgets how many INTS luck throws.

I expect atleast 2 picks from Luck this Sunday.

[quote name='PeRK82' timestamp='1357334955' post='1289562']
Flacco, everyone forgets how many INTS luck throws.

I expect atleast 2 picks from Luck this Sunday.
[/quote]

Luck also attempted 627 passes, has no running game and jokes for receiver (minus reggie wayne and no t.y. hilton is not a legitmate receiver) Luck is top 5 in passes attempted and is comparable or less in INT's with the exception of Brady. Romo, Brees, and Stafford have similar INT numbers this year

I'd take Flacco right now like the others, but Luck is probably going to wind up being the better QB long term.

LOL

Really? Now, c'mon. You really think they are going to rally around Flacco?

Let's see, this season it is Luck, RGII.
In the past it has been Freeman, Bradford, Newton.
Stafford and Vick even had threads claiming they were better QBs.

I'll take Flacco.

As for Luck in the future...um...yeah right. He has more INTs AND more Fumbles than Flacco.

Talk to me when he has more than one season under his belt.

[quote name='T3hRaven' timestamp='1357335568' post='1289575']
I'd take Flacco right now like the others, but Luck is probably going to wind up being the better QB long term.
[/quote]

Except that the Colts will repeat history by building everything around Luck and then when he ends up injured they will be a basement dweller once again because they did nothing else to build up the rest of their team.

[quote name='theblackdog' timestamp='1357337981' post='1289625']
Except that the Colts will repeat history by building everything around Luck and then when he ends up injured they will be a basement dweller once again because they did nothing else to build up the rest of their team.
[/quote]
Exactly............ Pags cannot be that stupid though

[quote name='redlobster' timestamp='1357335400' post='1289570']
Luck also attempted 627 passes, has no running game and jokes for receiver (minus reggie wayne and no t.y. hilton is not a legitmate receiver) Luck is top 5 in passes attempted and is comparable or less in INT's with the exception of Brady. Romo, Brees, and Stafford have similar INT numbers this year
[/quote]

Which is why you should rather have Flacco this Sunday who has a strong running game to back him up. Not to mention that as much as we have gotten on the Ravens' offensive line and defense throughout the year, both units are still better than the line and defense that Luck has on his sid and the stats back it up. Throw the "Ray Lewis announces retirement" factor in there along with the cozy confines of M & T and I don't see how anyone is LOGICALLY picking the Colts to win Sunday. Last season's regular season win aside, I have never felt more confident in our team playing the Colts. Now as for the week after this, meh....

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1357334297' post='1289551']
Saw this being discussed on ESPN's [i]Numbers Never Lie[/i].Which quarterback would you rather have [b][i]this Sunday[/i][/b]?! Rally under Air Flacco's banner on twitter! #LuckOrFlacco
[/quote]

Luck. Dude, might be a rookie but he is a very wise QB and with Ray Rice taking the bulk of the load, he would beat up the secondary all day with play action passes.

If you had said Schaub or Flacco, I'd of said Flacco. Flacco or Dalton, Flacco (even though Dalton is having a better year). RG3 or Flacco, RG3. Flacco or Wilson, FLacco. Flacco or Ponder, Flacco. Flacco or Rodgers....Do I need to say it?!?!

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1357339726' post='1289649']
ESPN still talking about this topic!
[/quote]
Lucksanity!

Ravens will be running the ball more than anything on Sunday. 29th ranked rushing defense against Rice and Pierce? [b]Bold prediction:[/b] Flacco attempts only 13 passes while Luck throws for 30+ for less than 200 yards and 2 INTS.

[quote name='ravensdfan' timestamp='1357336162' post='1289585']
LOL

Really? Now, c'mon. You really think they are going to rally around Flacco?

Let's see, this season it is Luck, RGII.
In the past it has been Freeman, Bradford, Newton.
Stafford and Vick even had threads claiming they were better QBs.

I'll take Flacco.

As for Luck in the future...um...yeah right. He has more INTs AND more Fumbles than Flacco.

Talk to me when he has more than one season under his belt.
[/quote]

I Will, and I will talk to you in about 20 years when he is inducted to the hall of fame. Look at Peyton Manning's first year, 31 turnovers with a 3-13 record. That was with the great Marshall Faulk.

Hating on a rookie that had to basically carry a 2-16 team into the playoffs. I'd of loved to see what Flacco would of done there as a rookie with that offensive line and with those putrid running backs. Hell, id love to see what Tom Brady would of done as a rookie. He probably would of been out of the league after 3 years!

[quote name='dhstandard' timestamp='1357339961' post='1289652']
Ravens will be running the ball more than anything on Sunday. 29th ranked rushing defense against Rice and Pierce? [b]Bold prediction:[/b] Flacco attempts only 13 passes while Luck throws for 30+ for less than 200 yards and 2 INTS.
[/quote]
So Flacco gets less than 130 yards. He's gotta attempt more than that! That aint bold, that would be a dumb gameplan. Blanance is everything!
No offense, but that entire D sucks

[quote name='arnie_uk' timestamp='1357338867' post='1289635']
Why.....
[/quote]

I think the intention was good. To rally the fans for Flacco.

The OP just clearly underestimated the Flacco hate around here and how they drool when they think of Flacco failing.

[quote name='dhstandard' timestamp='1357339961' post='1289652']
[/quote]

Don't forget, the Colts are also 21st in opposing passing yards per game and 22nd in opposing quarterback rating - puts them on par with the New York Giants. I have a feeling we'll see a balanced run-pass ratio like we had in the last 2 games.

[quote name='Alexir' timestamp='1357340119' post='1289653']
I Will, and I will talk to you in about 20 years when he is inducted to the hall of fame. Look at Peyton Manning's first year, 31 turnovers with a 3-13 record. That was with the great Marshall Faulk.

Hating on a rookie that had to basically carry a 2-16 team into the playoffs. I'd of loved to see what Flacco would of done there as a rookie with that offensive line and with those putrid running backs. Hell, id love to see what Tom Brady would of done as a rookie. He probably would of been out of the league after 3 years!
[/quote]

I don't hate Luck at all.

However, I've heard this all before as I said. To claim a rookie is better...please. Especially one with the INTs and fumbles of Luck. Which is what I meant about talking to me later. Wasn't implying...oh he's always going to suck. Just meant there is absolutely, positively, nothing, and I do mean nothing, at this point in his career to pick him in a playoff game over an experienced Flacco. A Flacco that has won at least one playoff game in every single season and has improved his playoff performances every single season.

And at this point in his career, there is absolutely nothing with his performance that screams success in the future. Not saying he won't be successful in the least, mind you.

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1357340127' post='1289654']
So Flacco gets less than 130 yards. He's gotta attempt more than that! That aint bold, that would be a dumb gameplan. Blanance is everything!
No offense, but that entire D sucks
[/quote]

Will we need anything more? If the run game gets going we don't NEED to throw the ball. The pressure will all be on Luck if we can consistently move the ball on the ground.

[quote name='dhstandard' timestamp='1357340419' post='1289666']
Will we need anything more? If the run game gets going we don't NEED to throw the ball. The pressure will all be on Luck if we can consistently move the ball on the ground.
[/quote]
The offense [b]needs[/b] to attack with everything. We need to outscore them early. Luck is damn good in the clutch, we need to start out hot.

This Sunday, Flacco. But I actually think Luck will be the better QB of the two when it's all said and done in 20 years.

[quote name='Ragin'Raven' timestamp='1357340949' post='1289675']
This Sunday, Flacco. But I actually think Luck will be the better QB of the two when it's all said and done in 20 years.
[/quote]
You would be right! Unless Flacco wins the SB this year!

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1357341066' post='1289680']
You would be right! Unless Flacco wins the SB this year!
[/quote]

Even with that, I can see, with a better defense, Indianapolis win a ring in the next few years. You have to admit that his numbers are pretty good for a rookie.

[quote name='ravensdfan' timestamp='1357340210' post='1289658']
I think the intention was good. To rally the fans for Flacco.

The OP just clearly underestimated the Flacco hate around here and how they drool when they think of Flacco failing.
[/quote]

That was indeed my original purpose: rally the Air Flacco Force! But alas, my hopes were shot down... Flacco: only QB to play in and win a playoff game his 1st 5 years! :SPINgigem:

[quote name='theblackdog' timestamp='1357337981' post='1289625']
[/quote]

In their defense, that strategy did win them a Super Bowl and got them to another one.

[quote name='Ragin'Raven' timestamp='1357341178' post='1289685']
Even with that, I can see, with a better defense, Indianapolis win a ring in the next few years. You have to admit that his numbers are pretty good for a rookie.
[/quote]
His numbers are good for a rookie! Two rings will get Flacco to the HoF. One might get Luck there if he keeps it up