47 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,547 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

Safety Ed Reed said he knew Ray Lewis was going to retire last offseason.

View the full article

#2 Big G

Big G

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

We will all reflect on this run and lets hope it is a 4 game WINNING streak. Ray and Ed could both go out on top!!!

#3 edreedfor6

edreedfor6

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

please baltimore im begging you.. win it all this year for ray and ed who really deserve it. this is probably ed reed final year to get a ring... joe flacco im counting on you to take this team to the SB and win it

#4 edreedfor6

edreedfor6

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

Ive always been told that I%u2019m too small, I%u2019m not big enough, I%u2019m not fast enough, I don%u2019t have what it takes.

To be the best and stay there, sweat is necessary.

Walter and Jerry had their hills, never being comfortable, with just good enough.

-Its right now or never, its right now or never-

I prepare so no one can take what is mine, no one can replace my mind, my heart

Lombardi inspired me, and now our biggest prize, bares his name.

I%u2019m older, of course I%u2019m older, that%u2019s the beauty of it.

16 years plus, different level of wisdom, different level of understanding, different level of punishment.

I wanna live LOOONG after my records have fallen, long after my rings have tarnished.

And whatever you got to do, to make sure you chase your legacy every second of your life.

Will you be remembered, how would you be remembered, why wouldn%u2019t u fight for the greatest achievement ever?

Leave%u2026Your%u2026Mark%u2026

#5 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,970 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

I am so ready to be at the stadium. I believed it when Ray said he would not play past 38. 2 years ago.
68f2a8.jpg

#6 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,314 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

"To be part of Ray Lewis' career in my 11 years here with him, it's been amazing. I'm nothing without the D-line and the linebackers. Without Ray, my career probably is not the same."

^ powerful statement Reed! much respect to you brah!

~Mili

Edited by Militant X 1, 04 January 2013 - 04:20 PM.

#7 Ravenmatic

Ravenmatic

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

I cannot say how excited I am to be at the Stadium, its something that you will have to soak up once the Ravens go out on that field, its another breath of fresh air to claim what we DESERVE for the past 5 years now, no other team is more hungry than us for the Lombardi trophy and with Ray Lewis coming out of the tunnel possibly for the last time Baltimore will ever see him come out and play again will be phenomenal, I have seen Ray play in person plenty of times, but at age 20 i've never been so excited to watch a legendary athlete begin a journey for his last season...always wanted see Michael Jordan play before, but it never happened and I did everything that I could to get to this game, i'll be in section 541 screaming at the top of my lungs when Ray comes out, possibly a tear may fall, possibly lol but Ray is definitely someone who has inspired me since 2000 and I have always looked up to him being a great leader for the city of Baltimore... cannot wait to tell my children in the long near future about going to Ray Lewis's last game and my FIRST playoff game....Happy Purple Friday Ravensnation !!!!! Lets get our Super Bowl Trophy

#8 Legendary Ravens

Legendary Ravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

I miss the GENERAL already and he's still playing 4 more weeks. I just hit me today. The General is going to his next journey. Wow!

#9 budman

budman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Reading this and Kevin Byrnes article i am tearing up REAL BAD right now.

#10 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

PLEASE! somebody record this event and put it on this site. If I could go i would but I'm stuck in Ohio.
This is gonna be one of "those" moments. One that will never be duplicated. Cherrish it everyone.

#11 windew007

windew007

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

I was born and raised in Baltimore. I moved to Missouri when I was 17 with me family. It was 1996 and my first month in Missouri I found out a month after moving that Baltimore got the Ravens Franchise. I have been a Ravens fan ever since. I've never had the pleasure of watching a Ravens game at M&T Bank Stadium, however I am making the flight to Baltimore this weekend for Ray Lewis' last performance at home.

GO RAVENS!

#12 singin1

singin1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

@windew007 - enjoy the game!!!!! I wish I was going. I lived in Baltimore for 26 years before moving for work. BUT I will be watching this game and cant wait to see Ray take the field.

#13 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,217 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

I sure hope that the clip of Ray being honored before the game is carried on television so I can dvr it.

#14 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

I can't wait to be at the stadium either on Sunday. A) to watch history and B ) to watch the Ravens win! :)

I'm a mama of three boys. Nothing scares or disgusts me anymore. 

#15 JimA3_3

JimA3_3

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

Historic........... says it all.

#16 ravensxvida

ravensxvida

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

i move to the united state in 1997 from el salvador a small country in central america, i did not know anything about american football, on 1997 I remember watching the Broncos win the Super Bowl, so the following season i started watching football and for what ever reason start watching the Baltimore Ravens and the ONE player the caught my attention was #52, the point im trying to make is that thanks to ray lewis i started watching foootball and baltimore ravens became my team, and it really make me sad seen RAY ritiring , but proud to say i have seen him play for all this years. like my username said RAVENSXVIDA translate RAVENS4LIFE! THANK YOU RAY #52

#17 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,873 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

I am rooting for Cincy to make a run so we can get another home game at The Bank.

#18 ckarp34

ckarp34

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

oh man...is it manly to cry? Jeez...the end of this era will be incredibly powerful...

#19 Jfravens

Jfravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Ray Lewis and Ed Reed the reason I became fan of this team! Speechless ):

#20 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members