22 replies to this topic

#1 IMissMattStover

IMissMattStover

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

So the local newspaper did an article today on the weakpoint of each of the 12 playoff teams. I am going to list them, and am curious to hear feedback and opinions.

Denver - Turnovers, particularly with the running backs Knowshon Moreno and Ronnie Hillman; Peyton's Fragile neck

NE - Called the the closest to perfect, citing only minor RB fumble issues.

Houston - Failure to convert on 3rd down; Failure to stop offenses on 3rd.

Baltimore - Defense, mainly regarding injuries; average season for Ed Reed.

Indy - Youth. Inexperience in playoffs.

Cincy - Andy Dalton inconsistency and home game issues.

Atlanta - Running game

GB - FGs, Mason Crosby

San Fran - David Aker's FGs

Washington - Sudden drop in defense, failure to get off field defensively on 3rd downs

Seattle - Not as good on the road as at home

Minnesota - "Their passing game is putrid."

Well, thoughts?
He who laughs when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.
Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on Earth, with a top speed of 120 feet-per-second, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter.
Entropy just isn't what it used to be.
Never, under any circumstances, take sleeping pills and a laxative on the same night.

#2 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

Our weakness is more offense. If Joe is cold, we are going to lose. If he is hot, good chance we win.
Banned

#3 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

And the Pats D sucks.
Banned

#4 IMissMattStover

IMissMattStover

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

Yeah I think my two main issues were that and the fact that it doesnt mention the Packers Swiss Cheese/Sponge Oline.
Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on Earth, with a top speed of 120 feet-per-second, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter.
Never, under any circumstances, take sleeping pills and a laxative on the same night.

#5 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

Yeah I think my two main issues were that and the fact that it doesnt mention the Packers Swiss Cheese/Sponge Oline.

But he's mobile....jkjkjkjk sorry I just had to
Texans weakness is Shaub. One of the most overrated QBs in the nfl.
Banned

#6 IMissMattStover

IMissMattStover

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

Lol good one. Yeah I dont know. He has moments of brilliance and then suddenly craps out.

#7 theblackdog

theblackdog

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

So the local newspaper did an article today on the weakpoint of each of the 12 playoff teams. I am going to list them, and am curious to hear feedback and opinions.

San Fran - David Aker's Billy Cundiff's FGs

Well, thoughts?

Fixed that for ya :P
Posted Image
Thanks to Kia Kaha for the sig!

#8 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,486 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

Indy's oline is swiss cheese, and their defense might as well be 11 cones.

#9 IMissMattStover

IMissMattStover

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

Indy's oline is swiss cheese, and their defense might as well be 11 cones.

Lol cones. Thats quite the thought and also a good point. But assuming all goes well, Indy doesnt matter much anyway.

#10 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Denver and New England's only weaknesses are the runningbacks fumble some times? Are you kidding me?

Ours is just "defense"? Like the entire group? Half of the team?

And Houston's "achilles heel" makes them sound like the world's worst pro team.

Also, I wouldn't call Peyton's neck an issue when it hasn't been all year.

#11 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

Bengals / Texans : This is Cincinnati's game to lose. Houston burned themselves out early in the regular season and barely sputtered into the playoffs. If the Bengals keep it close for three-quarters, brace themselves for the Texans best shot, the last fifteen-minutes should give them enough time to take the lead or secure the win. I'm actually going with Cincy.

Colts / Ravens : This game will come down to three factors. Our O-Line, our ability to run the ball and our ability to execute screen plays. Our O-Line cannot allow Freeney & Mathis disrupt the pocket at will. We've seen what Joe can do when he's upright and has time with receivers running shorter routes underneath. Rice & Pierce SHOULD have success against probably a terrible run-defense. As for the screens, if you've ever watched any Colts game, you'll know that a screen is great for at least 10-yards against them because they just don't know how to block. I'm going with our boys.

Vikings / Packers : Can AP do it again? Doubtful, but not impossible. Packers D has been very susceptible these past few weeks. Vikings, aside from AP, they don't have much else to match with the Packers. I've got to go with the Pack.

Seattle / Washington : Of all the other games, aside from the Ravens, this is the one I want to watch the most. Should be exciting to see RGIII and Wilson going head-to-head. Wilson, not a flashy QB but will work in a clinch and with a nice running game to back him and an above-average defense -- Seattle is sitting pretty in this one. Sorry RGIII.

WE RAISE OUR HEAVY GLASS TO YOU IN OUR INDESTRUCTIBLE DAYS
login.png
MAY HEAVENS CALL TO YOU, MAY STARS ALIGN AND LIGHT YOUR WAY

#12 IMissMattStover

IMissMattStover

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Denver and New England's only weaknesses are the runningbacks fumble some times? Are you kidding me?

Ours is just "defense"? Like the entire group? Half of the team?

And Houston's "achilles heel" makes them sound like the world's worst pro team.

Also, I wouldn't call Peyton's neck an issue when it hasn't been all year.

Lol I am just posting what the sports writer in the paper said, not my words. The reason I posted this to begin with is that I thought it was a little rediculous.

#13 IMissMattStover

IMissMattStover

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

Bengals / Texans : This is Cincinnati's game to lose. Houston burned themselves out early in the regular season and barely sputtered into the playoffs. If the Bengals keep it close for three-quarters, brace themselves for the Texans best shot, the last fifteen-minutes should give them enough time to take the lead or secure the win. I'm actually going with Cincy.

Colts / Ravens : This game will come down to three factors. Our O-Line, our ability to run the ball and our ability to execute screen plays. Our O-Line cannot allow Freeney & Mathis disrupt the pocket at will. We've seen what Joe can do when he's upright and has time with receivers running shorter routes underneath. Rice & Pierce SHOULD have success against probably a terrible run-defense. As for the screens, if you've ever watched any Colts game, you'll know that a screen is great for at least 10-yards against them because they just don't know how to block. I'm going with our boys.

Vikings / Packers : Can AP do it again? Doubtful, but not impossible. Packers D has been very susceptible these past few weeks. Vikings, aside from AP, they don't have much else to match with the Packers. I've got to go with the Pack.

Seattle / Washington : Of all the other games, aside from the Ravens, this is the one I want to watch the most. Should be exciting to see RGIII and Wilson going head-to-head. Wilson, not a flashy QB but will work in a clinch and with a nice running game to back him and an above-average defense -- Seattle is sitting pretty in this one. Sorry RGIII.

I agree with you on all but one. I think the Bengals will pull of a loss against Houston. Andy Dalton is, imo, one of the most confusing QBs out there, and I see him unable to pull off any major yardage plays against the strange Houston defense. At least a couple blocked passes.

#14 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

I agree with you on all but one. I think the Bengals will pull of a loss against Houston. Andy Dalton is, imo, one of the most confusing QBs out there, and I see him unable to pull off any major yardage plays against the strange Houston defense. At least a couple blocked passes.

Oh, when I say close, I mean... seven... ten-points max... if they're out to a seventeen-point lead, Cincy isn't coming from behind to win that ball game. Even if the Bengals have to settle for field goals, as long as their defense keeps the Texans from a late scoring drive... they'll be able to pull this one off by the narrowest of margins... one-point.

WE RAISE OUR HEAVY GLASS TO YOU IN OUR INDESTRUCTIBLE DAYS
login.png
MAY HEAVENS CALL TO YOU, MAY STARS ALIGN AND LIGHT YOUR WAY

#15 IMissMattStover

IMissMattStover

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

Oh, when I say close, I mean... seven... ten-points max... if they're out to a seventeen-point lead, Cincy isn't coming from behind to win that ball game. Even if the Bengals have to settle for field goals, as long as their defense keeps the Texans from a late scoring drive... they'll be able to pull this one off by the narrowest of margins... one-point.

I suppose I can see that happening. I dont believe that this is going to be a very high scoring game regardless. Neither Dalton nor Schaub are going to be able to put much up, though Cincy seems to play worse occasionaly at home. Who knows?

#16 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

I suppose I can see that happening. I dont believe that this is going to be a very high scoring game regardless. Neither Dalton nor Schaub are going to be able to put much up, though Cincy seems to play worse occasionaly at home. Who knows?

I see Cinci pulling off the upset of the year...............
Then they will lose to the Pats
Banned

#17 IMissMattStover

IMissMattStover

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

I see Cinci pulling off the upset of the year...............
Then they will lose to the Pats

In the most embarrassing blowout of the year.

#18 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

In the most embarrassing blowout of the year.

Yep :)
Hate the Pats, but will cheer for them in division games
Banned

#19 IMissMattStover

IMissMattStover

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

Same. And I would way rather face them than Denver.

#20 mhead66

mhead66

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

Statistically, this is incorrect.

Over the last 5 seasons, only four NFL QBs have been ranked in the top 10 in passer rating each season:

Tom Brady
Peyton Manning (not including his injured '11 season)
Aaron Rodgers

and... Matt Schaub.

Roethlisberger, Brees, Rivers, Eli, Stafford... nope.

Schaub may not be an "elite" guy to get you 350 per week, but he's consistent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users