Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Late For Work 1/4: Ravens-Colts Predictions

49 posts in this topic

Chills in Charm City. Flacco has something to prove. Goodell relies on Lewis. Don't get ripped off.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-14-Ravens-Colts-Predictions/a9fbef31-a3f7-4d77-886f-bff1b2589c92]View the full article[/url]

now let's get this done... 31-20 ravens... and all will be good in the world for another week

OK, Mike Florio...that was incredibly stupid. Don't quit your day job. Oh, wait, maybe you should, actually. You suck at that too.

Why do Prisco and so many others keep saying "aging defense"? Ray Lewis, Ed Reed and Suggs are the only guys 30 or older. Am I wrong that? Either way...they're a very young defense.

Mike Florio reminding me why I no longer go to his website - seriously, haven't been there in months and my life is practically better for it.

Playoffs are just around the corner, this is crazy. Been a long, up-and-down season but the Ravens are once again atop the AFCN and hosting a playoff game.

NFL Films analyst Greg Cosell says of Joe E-Lite "... the nature of their offense doesn't allow Joe to improve on his weaknesses. I think they ask him to be a deep drop passer and you could argue that one of his main issues is he doesn't have great pocket presence. The longer he's in the pocket, the less efficient he becomes."

In my opinion he's partially correct! He hasn't developed the footwork to extend plays! When he's waiting in the pocket for the deep patterns to develop he's susceptible to getting stripped, intercepted or sacked!

But that was Cam and there's a new Sheriff in town and Caldwell won't let Joe go deep as inconsistently and meaninglessly as his predecessor!

//I'm also grinning from ear to ear at my detractors here from last week//

hes right about flacco but i feel like caldwell is about to make him look good, Joe is actually gonna learn how to run the offense by himself if he had to, i have a good feeling

For the next four games its going to require all of Ravens Nations effort, from the owner, GM, coaching staff, to the players and the most important element, the fans. So, cheer until your vocal cords tear. Stomp your feet until the foundation cracks. Put your hearts into it until you dont feel it beat anymore. When the clock ends and the win goes to Ravens Nation dont acknowledge it, face forward to the next challenge of the path to the Lombardi.

''It doesn't look like they get him a lot of easy completions. There are great throws and great catches mixed in, but those are individual plays, not scheme plays.''

Sometimes I think the exact same thing ... hopefully that was because of Cam and is going to change soon!

Ray has given this organization and the city of Baltimore 17 years of pure dedication, desire, and will. We all owe Ray 4 games in respect for everything he has done for us. A handful of games for 17 years...No excuse to not deliver a Lombardi this year!!!

When Brad Keselowski-- the reigning NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion, named Ray Lewis as one of his sports inspirations I knew right then that Lewis' character not only transcends the NFL but virtually all walks of life of the vast audience of the NFL. It is a shame that Ravens' detractors (I hate the word "hater" because it appears emotionally dismissive and devoid of any form of introspect) use the incident in Atlanta in 2000 as fodder to smear the man. If you must bring up the arrest and the double homicide, at least be factual. If you trust that the system got it right by arresting and detaining Lewis, then you should trust the system all the way by believing that he was guilty of nothing beyond obstruction of justice. Despite what you may think, in life you can't have it both ways.

For the true Ravens fans and football fans at large, let us celebrate the end of an era, the dawn of a career of seismic impact in the NFL. You remain a legend Ray, farewell.

Caldwell will call more plays to the strength of Flacco instead of trying to force him into long balling all day.Flacco along with Caldwell will come out with a nice mixture in the game plan.I'm feeling all Super Bowley already,getting chills just thinking about it.

I couldn't have said it any better,roamingcharges.Instead of checking out the facts,people love to assume.Ray learned what alot of youngsters learn,be careful who you call friend.I wish Mr.Ray Lewis all the future success he can handle,especially with his family.God Bless.

The negative comments regarding Joe Flacco even after he has proven himself year after year with playoff wins is becoming tiresome. Joe proved last year that he can get to a Super Bowl but in the words of Gizzel, ( Tom Brady's wife, after he lost the Super Bowl - "Well, he cant pass the ball and catch it too!" The funny thing about that statement was that a dropped pass is what got Brady to the Super Bowl to begin with.
Fans need to behind the Ravens 100%.

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]I wish this game was over already. *LOL* It has been a horrible week. Between the jarring and TP'ing of my cubicle this morning, I'm ready for it to be over. *LOL* Regardless if we win or lose, I just want it over at this point. *LOL*[/i][/font]

The good thing about this Flacco assessment is the fact that Caldwell figured it out in no time: (But in Caldwell%u2019s second game (vs. Giants) as the offensive coordinator, he struck a balance between the run and pass, called plays at a quicker pace that also allowed Flacco to get the ball out quicker and utilize the middle of the field more. The offense notched a franchise high in yards.

It was only one game, however, and time will tell if Caldwell%u2019s tweaks will help Flacco in the playoffs.)Looks like we really needed the Cam change after all. This week, we play a team who's run D is suspect (the Indianapolis Colts). Should set us up perfectly. Go Ravens!!! :)

[quote name='roamingcharges' timestamp='1357315465' post='1289175']
When Brad Keselowski-- the reigning NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion, named Ray Lewis as one of his sports inspirations I knew right then that Lewis' character not only transcends the NFL but virtually all walks of life of the vast audience of the NFL. It is a shame that Ravens' detractors (I hate the word "hater" because it appears emotionally dismissive and devoid of any form of introspect) use the incident in Atlanta in 2000 as fodder to smear the man. If you must bring up the arrest and the double homicide, at least be factual. If you trust that the system got it right by arresting and detaining Lewis, then you should trust the system all the way by believing that he was guilty of nothing beyond obstruction of justice. Despite what you may think, in life you can't have it both ways.

For the true Ravens fans and football fans at large, let us celebrate the end of an era, the dawn of a career of seismic impact in the NFL. You remain a legend Ray, farewell.
[/quote] Well said!

Go Ravens!!!

RAY LEWIS!!!!

This will be the week that letting Cam go will prove to be the right decision. Indy has NO run defense and we should game plan to run all over them. Cam would have tried to outsmart them by passing the whole game. Jim is smart and will take advantage of their weaknesses. Our inspired defense will do the rest. Luck passes a LOT and has never seen the likes of a Mr. Ed Reeeeeed! 2 picks, 1 in their red zone.

What is this bull about Flacco taking the next step, He already has. Sick of it, Im hoping Rice only gets 10 carries so people will have it STUMPED in their Head that Rice doesn't need 20 plus carries or we automatically lose. I hope Flacco has a PERFECT GAME through out the play offs and the Defense will RISE. And i think it will as long as J.SMITH doesn't play.

[quote name='metalraven' timestamp='1357318161' post='1289225']
Well said!

Go Ravens!!!

RAY LEWIS!!!!
[/quote]
Thanks for the approval. But seriously, if you listen to players of other sports: Michael Phelps, Keselowski... talk about Ray Lewis, the man and their conversations with him you get this eerie feeling that they hang onto his every word. Phelps went as far as to say that he'll keep the details of their conversation between him and Ray-- that is power. It is sad that the population of football fans that disapprove of Lewis are so blinded by their sentiment-- wherever it may come from, that they will miss out on an opportunity to be inspired by a very powerful story: "A man who, on the verge of losing it all, experiences an unimaginable epiphany, turns his life around and goes on to inspire a multitude". Oh well, their loss.

The next step everybody's talking about is consistency. You can't come out one week and look like a top 10 QB and then come out next week and look like the bottom of the barrel and expect to get respect

In Caldwell's presser Wednesday he made a comment that he has alluded to in several pressers that I think directly relates to Cosell's assessment with our offensive game plan and I think it says a whole lot.

[b]The Colts have given up a lot of yards this year. Will it be important to try and establish the running game early in this game?[i] (Garrett Downing)[/i][/b] “Obviously, one of the things that we really pride ourselves on is, obviously, making certain that we can control the line of scrimmage –[u][b] fight to control the line of scrimmage.[/b][/u] This game will be no different in that respect. Every team that we’ve faced, we have approached it that way. [u][b]Obviously, this won’t be any different, but you can’t do the same thing all the time against any team in this league, because if you do they will shut you down. We have to be able to mix it up a little bit of run and pass and change the pace a little bit. We also often times, within our scheme, we will do whatever they give us. We have to make adjustments and have checks and so on and so forth. At the line of scrimmage, a lot of times it dictates what you see.”[/b][/u]

I love Jim Caldwell for that statement, because that seems to me to have been everything that was wrong with Cam's game plan, and Caldwell has changed that, and I thank him. If anyone wants to know how Caldwell is different than Cameron...well there it is from the horse's mouth! (No pun intended) Now, let's take that approach, execute it to perfection as we did in the Giants game! Go Ravens!!!

NFL Films analyst Greg Cosell believes the Ravens were putting Flacco in situations that played up a weakness %u2013 his pocket presence.

LOLOLOL Ya think, lol.

That is my only knock on Flacco , his pocket awareness. It doesn't help that we have a really bad LT either. OHER.

Could anyone give me - or point me to - an explanation on this "reserve future deal" thing? What does it exactly mean?

Thanks.

bio

When Ray Lewis announced his retirement, he took all the steam out of the TV Pundits' penchant for playing up Chuck P and A. Luck story!

When Ray Lewis announced his retirement, he said without saying, "Let's get this one for the Baltimore Colt fans."!

When Ray Lewis announced his retirement, he wrote a check that the Ravens MUST cash!

So, should this story end in Arlington, Texas with a Ravens victory, then they not only did it for themselves but also for Ray, Terrell and Ed and for Art Modell and for the Raven Nation