48 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,023 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

Chills in Charm City. Flacco has something to prove. Goodell relies on Lewis. Don't get ripped off.

View the full article

#2 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

now let's get this done... 31-20 ravens... and all will be good in the world for another week

Edited by horus13corvineus, 04 January 2013 - 10:17 AM.

#3 Ravensfan4life2010

Ravensfan4life2010

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

We are about to get this done i have this feeling oh man i cant wait

#4 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

OK, Mike Florio...that was incredibly stupid. Don't quit your day job. Oh, wait, maybe you should, actually. You suck at that too.

#5 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

Why do Prisco and so many others keep saying "aging defense"? Ray Lewis, Ed Reed and Suggs are the only guys 30 or older. Am I wrong that? Either way...they're a very young defense.

#6 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,883 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

Mike Florio reminding me why I no longer go to his website - seriously, haven't been there in months and my life is practically better for it.

Playoffs are just around the corner, this is crazy. Been a long, up-and-down season but the Ravens are once again atop the AFCN and hosting a playoff game.

#7 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,621 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

NFL Films analyst Greg Cosell says of Joe E-Lite "... the nature of their offense doesn't allow Joe to improve on his weaknesses. I think they ask him to be a deep drop passer and you could argue that one of his main issues is he doesn't have great pocket presence. The longer he's in the pocket, the less efficient he becomes."

In my opinion he's partially correct! He hasn't developed the footwork to extend plays! When he's waiting in the pocket for the deep patterns to develop he's susceptible to getting stripped, intercepted or sacked!

But that was Cam and there's a new Sheriff in town and Caldwell won't let Joe go deep as inconsistently and meaninglessly as his predecessor!

//I'm also grinning from ear to ear at my detractors here from last week//

Edited by Mystigo_Dragon, 04 January 2013 - 10:20 AM.

#8 Purple Dawg 96

Purple Dawg 96

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

Time to get these Rookies out the way and Luck is the 1st to go!

#9 B.more careful 111

B.more careful 111

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

hes right about flacco but i feel like caldwell is about to make him look good, Joe is actually gonna learn how to run the offense by himself if he had to, i have a good feeling

#10 BMORE = BEASTING

BMORE = BEASTING

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

For the next four games its going to require all of Ravens Nations effort, from the owner, GM, coaching staff, to the players and the most important element, the fans. So, cheer until your vocal cords tear. Stomp your feet until the foundation cracks. Put your hearts into it until you dont feel it beat anymore. When the clock ends and the win goes to Ravens Nation dont acknowledge it, face forward to the next challenge of the path to the Lombardi.

#11 Schoel

Schoel

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

''It doesn't look like they get him a lot of easy completions. There are great throws and great catches mixed in, but those are individual plays, not scheme plays.''

Sometimes I think the exact same thing ... hopefully that was because of Cam and is going to change soon!

#12 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

Lets just do this .

#13 ravensykoh

ravensykoh

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

Ray has given this organization and the city of Baltimore 17 years of pure dedication, desire, and will. We all owe Ray 4 games in respect for everything he has done for us. A handful of games for 17 years...No excuse to not deliver a Lombardi this year!!!

#14 roamingcharges

roamingcharges

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

When Brad Keselowski-- the reigning NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion, named Ray Lewis as one of his sports inspirations I knew right then that Lewis' character not only transcends the NFL but virtually all walks of life of the vast audience of the NFL. It is a shame that Ravens' detractors (I hate the word "hater" because it appears emotionally dismissive and devoid of any form of introspect) use the incident in Atlanta in 2000 as fodder to smear the man. If you must bring up the arrest and the double homicide, at least be factual. If you trust that the system got it right by arresting and detaining Lewis, then you should trust the system all the way by believing that he was guilty of nothing beyond obstruction of justice. Despite what you may think, in life you can't have it both ways.

For the true Ravens fans and football fans at large, let us celebrate the end of an era, the dawn of a career of seismic impact in the NFL. You remain a legend Ray, farewell.

#15 heycuf

heycuf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

Caldwell will call more plays to the strength of Flacco instead of trying to force him into long balling all day.Flacco along with Caldwell will come out with a nice mixture in the game plan.I'm feeling all Super Bowley already,getting chills just thinking about it.

#16 heycuf

heycuf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

I couldn't have said it any better,roamingcharges.Instead of checking out the facts,people love to assume.Ray learned what alot of youngsters learn,be careful who you call friend.I wish Mr.Ray Lewis all the future success he can handle,especially with his family.God Bless.

Edited by Grapple Raven, 04 January 2013 - 11:46 AM.
Profanity, member warned

#17 Ravens best girl

Ravens best girl

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

The negative comments regarding Joe Flacco even after he has proven himself year after year with playoff wins is becoming tiresome. Joe proved last year that he can get to a Super Bowl but in the words of Gizzel, ( Tom Brady's wife, after he lost the Super Bowl - "Well, he cant pass the ball and catch it too!" The funny thing about that statement was that a dropped pass is what got Brady to the Super Bowl to begin with.
Fans need to behind the Ravens 100%.

#18 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

I wish this game was over already. *LOL* It has been a horrible week. Between the jarring and TP'ing of my cubicle this morning, I'm ready for it to be over. *LOL* Regardless if we win or lose, I just want it over at this point. *LOL*

WE RAISE OUR HEAVY GLASS TO YOU IN OUR INDESTRUCTIBLE DAYS
login.png
MAY HEAVENS CALL TO YOU, MAY STARS ALIGN AND LIGHT YOUR WAY

#19 10000 Watts

10000 Watts

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

The good thing about this Flacco assessment is the fact that Caldwell figured it out in no time: (But in Caldwell%u2019s second game (vs. Giants) as the offensive coordinator, he struck a balance between the run and pass, called plays at a quicker pace that also allowed Flacco to get the ball out quicker and utilize the middle of the field more. The offense notched a franchise high in yards.

It was only one game, however, and time will tell if Caldwell%u2019s tweaks will help Flacco in the playoffs.)Looks like we really needed the Cam change after all. This week, we play a team who's run D is suspect (the Indianapolis Colts). Should set us up perfectly. Go Ravens!!! :)

#20 Mahatma_Sloth

Mahatma_Sloth

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

they just gonna hate on joe year in and year out because he a ravens QB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users