Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Joe Flacco At Ease Heading Into Playoffs

62 posts in this topic

Joe Flacco’s postseason numbers have steadily improved over the years.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Joe-Flacco-At-Ease-Heading-Into-Playoffs/2a0875f0-28e5-44af-bf64-41752c6df2d5]View the full article[/url]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Just do your thing, Joe![/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Lets bring some hardware home this year!![/i][/font]

We need Flacco to play his butt off for the the 4 games.I know you can do it Joe.Its only 4 games.He should be able to get off to an easy start this sunday at home(where he plays Aaron Rodgers like) vs a rookie qb and a lesser defense.Lets go win one for Ray!!!!!

The Ravens won their first Super Bowl 5 years after they had come to Baltimore. Joe is now in his fifth years in Baltimore. So Joe, you're gonna get this done and bring the second Lombardi Trophy home. The rest of the league is fearing you and all the guys. You all, do this one for Ray Lewis!!!

I'm an admitted Joe critic sometimes but I think this will be his best playoffs yet. I just think enough happened through the season that he really have that edge as we call "fire" now.

I'm calling for the offense to dominate and allow the defense to stay balanced.

This is the swagger Joe can bring. Joe has the confidence and I feel like with Cam gone he can expand and put his own stamp on this team.

just play smart football joe. if nothing is there quickly than either roll out, take off running, throw the ball away or just take the sack which is better than turning the ball over. just make sure the other teams key guys are accounted for. o-line please challenge yourselves in these playoffs to not be mauled but to be the maulers. dominate the line of scrimmage.

I'm feeling some great vibes fans, this gonna be the year,I can just see the whole scenario falling into place,everybody coming together for Ray Lewis and beyond,this team " Ball So Hard " Is a force to be reckoned with,Joe will flourish under Jim Caldwell, Joe Flacco got the fire burning in his eyes now,I can see it,goodby is the pocket passer,we got some great people to take over from Ray Lewis,In the next few years teams that are doing well now will no longer be here,Ravens will be like the Steelers,Patriot and Packers all rolled up into one team " RAVENS FOREVER "

"At ease", or not- just MAKE SURE those concrete shoes are put away- for good. Extend the plays and make it happen !

I hope we open up the playoffs the way we opened up the season:

1st play from scrimmage, bomb ! Flacco to T Smith !!!

Point spread is 6.5, should be 16.5... we're gonna crush Indy !

Can't wait !!!

i hope joe dont come out with that i just drank a bottle of night quil look on his face. not trying to kill the vibe but there were games when we need joe to step up and he let us down... dont let ray down joe he deserves this salute the general and carry out his orders

Its always offense who wins or loses the game for a team!!!

So Joe better be ready for the dance, onus of Ray lewis and Ed Reed is getting passed on to Joe and Ray Rice this postseason and for next 10 years from here on now. Hope the later 2 will turn out to be HOF for Baltimore like previous two.

Because if it does I am sure we've got plenty of superbowls, AFC Championships, playoff wins coming our way!!!

GO RAVEEENSSS!!!!

Please have Jacoby show you some of his moves Joe. Calm is Good under fire, but scrambling for first downs is next step to gettin the Lombardy and the big buck$.

Joe will do just fine. If Harbaugh manages the clock correctly and his coordinators make the right decisions we're in. Don't give them anything.

[quote name='Ugly Ball' timestamp='1357264622' post='1288602']
Please have Jacoby show you some of his moves Joe. Calm is Good under fire, but scrambling for first downs is next step to gettin the Lombardy and the big buck$.
[/quote]

Flacco isn't the scrambling type. But it's not a pre-requisite to success in the NFL. How many times have we seen the two Mannings scramble, for example? Yet they combine for 3 rings. Brady isn't the scrambling type either, though he does it every now and then. And i don't recall any historic Brees-, Favre- or Rodgers-scrambles, either...

bio

Love the stats...tells the facts. The only loss Joe had with a decent QB rating was last year against one of the worst defenses in history. Go look at some of the QB's that threw for over 300yds last year against the patriots. Hey Joe, here's an idea....maybe instead of NOT buying into the playoff hype, perhaps try buying into it. That "calm cool Joe" thing has worn off, and so has NOT making it to the Super Bowl. Play with some urgency, and act like you want to win one for Ray. Don't screw this up Flacco, Lewis has carried you since you arrived, not the other way around.

Dude only threw for over 200yds twice in 9 games, and in KC half that went to Heap against a bad defense. That snapshot of Flacco's stats tells it all. And the best is when people say stats don't matter, that's even funnier, cause losses do matter, and with those numbers, it's no wonder we never advanced to a Super Bowl. I gave Flacco a pass for the first three years, but if he screws this year up, and it will be on him, then we need to seriously start looking at the QB position. How many playoff rides without going to the Super Bowl are we willing to accept?

If you look at those stats, those are the reason we have not won a superbowl. Our defenses have got us to the playoffs the past 4 years, but even with the great Defenses we have had, they will only get you so far in the NFL era today. You have to have a QB who can carry a team in the playoffs to get to the big dance. Look at the past superbowls, all of them had very good QB's in them. The last to make it with a bad QB were the bears with Rex Grossman, and they didn't win. Flacco will have to play big in these next 4 games, and he will get a bigger contract if he does that....

The general consensus is that we'll go as far as Joe takes us. I think there is certainly some truth to that, but its not about having world-class stats. Its just about being very, very efficient and not making devastating mistakes.

Certainly, some of the stats above are hideous and denote bad play, but some denote a lack of trust/use of the QB and other denote bad TEAM play. He gets beaten up for his game vs. HOU, but our line and receivers were awful. The 2009 NE game looks sick, but who needs a QB when you've run for 200 yds and gotten off to a 24-0 lead in the 2nd quarter? His truly dismal games were both vs. PIT and the IND game. But even the IND game, we couldn't run the ball AT ALL on one of the worst run defenses in the game - go figure.

We all know he's capable of really good games, but he will never be one of the greats. That's fine - again, just be very efficient and mistake free and do that consistently and we could actually take this thing.

[quote name='J.O.14' timestamp='1357268868' post='1288723']
If you look at those stats, those are the reason we have not won a superbowl....
[/quote]

Look, we all know that Joe has well documented flaws and is not what one thinks of when they imagine the typical super bowl winning QB. That being said, Joe was not the reason why we did not win a super bowl last year.

Why must you have posted those stats in this article? All the Flacco haters were gone but now they're back :(

[quote name='RavenFan28105' timestamp='1357270064' post='1288767']
[b]Why must you have posted those stats[/b] in this article? All the [b]Flacco haters[/b] were gone but now they're back :(
[/quote]

i thought the Flacco lovers (i'm neither) like to quote stats?

~Mili

[quote name='balfan23' timestamp='1357269233' post='1288734']
Look, we all know that Joe has well documented flaws and is not what one thinks of when they imagine the typical super bowl winning QB. That being said, Joe was not the reason why we did not win a super bowl last year.
[/quote]

No im not saying last year, but if you look at the previous years, Flacco was a big reason why.

if joe flaccoo keep using QB Avoidence just like peyton madden does but dont back up yards move forward to he pocket if you back u can lose yards or have to run to the sidelines but be sneaky about we going get this win

@JO- I'm sorry, but you are only partially correct. Even with Joe's horrible numbers, he was not a big reason why. If you look back at those games, there were drops, offensive line failures, among many other things. Could Joe have done better, and should he have done better? Yes, most definitely. But as a young QB coming in, playing the BEST defenses in the league, and best TEAMS in the league, he played about as well as expected. Not to mention a good deal of his passes have to be forced due to the lack of schemes or execution by the receivers or Cam Cameron. Ever think of how/why Boldin's numbers have dropped since being in Baltimore? Route combinations have a lot to do with it. He can't get open, he can't catch. Same with Mason. Give Joe time with Caldwell, or go after Norv Turner, and the receivers will have better routes, Joe will have a better teaching, and he will become the QB that we need.

Either way, if you think Joe IS the reason the Ravens have not won a superbowl, please, purchase Game Rewind, and watch some of those games. Watch how everything breaks down and how he has to force throws. I am not happy with Joe about 35% of the time, but I record every game, or watch on rewind, and it really shows just how much the O-Line lets him down, or how little his receivers actually manage to get open.

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1357252356' post='1288435']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Just do your thing, Joe![/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Lets bring some hardware home this year!![/i][/font]
[/quote]I don't think Joe should do his "thing" cause if he does then we'll just end up losing in the playoffs. I want Joe to play better thats all im saying.

Flacco seemed confident in his presser today. But, man I just don't understand how he really feels. Sometimes the things he says are so off putting, but I suppose that is just his style.
I really hope Flacco gets in a rhythm early in the game, and continues to play well.... I just don't want him flustered by the pass rush and commit errors in this game. However, my sincere hope is Flacco will turn in magical performance after magical performance and land us that elusive Lombardi trophy! Now, that is how you repay Ray Lewis and Ed Reed fellas! That's how!

Before we break the bank, hopefully FO will ask themselves these questions!

Do these stats look Top 10?
Do top 10 Qbs throw for 200 yards only twice in 9 playoff games?
Do top 10 Qbs have 8 picks and 8 TDs when it counts most?
How many top 10 Qbs never been to a pro bowl?

Sounds like top 15 money to may! Take it or walk!

The Joe Flacco Era in Baltimore has officially started. If there was ever a time for Joe to prove and show who he actually is and what he is capable of, THIS IS THE TIME. It is time for Joe along with Ray Rice and offensive company to take command and a stand for this team and this organization. Ray Lewis has put everything he has ever had and gave it all on defense. Now is the time we gave 52 what he has always deserved in Baltimore. A franchise QB with a more than capable offense to take control and PUT GAMES AWAY! Not just the team but THE OFFENSE owes this personally to Ray Lewis. Ray and the defense have always carried this team, now its time for Joe and the offense to return the favor.

ray's speech just motivated the entire team, and they do want to send him out the right way. look what they have overcome this season so far: injuries,art, smiths brother, now rays retirement. it has been a difficult year for us and yet...we still make playoffs. all we can do it hope and try but as for the colts its been a while since they have been in the playoffs and for us we are used to it. just put pressure on luck because as you can see he holds the ball for too long in the pocket and not good with pressure esp in baltimore in the playoffs. as for flacco the o line has to be responsive and accurate and give flacco time to where he can take time to complete the pass or run if necessary. and leach has to do alot for rice like even the o line has to step up and give it their all.

Who cares about the Flacco haters. He gets the job done and it may not be pretty but it works the majority of the time. Say what you want but Flacco is here to stay so get over it and get behind the team 100%. Go Ravens.

I can't believe it.
Since 2001 we have had 7 quarterbacks, been to the playoffs only 3 out of the 7 years with a 1 win and 3 loss record and we are complaining about a guy who has been to the playoffs 5 straight years with a 5 win and 4 loss record.

I know everyone wants a Super Bowl but what more can you ask for. We are in the playoffs every year since Joe has been here. If you blame him for his failures you need to give him credit for the success we have had. I know we want more be we are atleast getting to the dance.

The term "Elite Quarteback" is ridiculous. Joe wins. It may not be pretty but it is what counts.

Another interesting photo of Flacco. If the Nike-logo wasn't there on his jersey, I'd think it's a picture from his rookie year... he looks so strangely young...

bio

Joe Flacco is a really good playoff QB. He knows how to win and has proven it over the early years of his career.

I'm feeling pretty good about Joe E-Lite entering this game!

It's a combination of his playoff experience, the probable success of our run game and especially my confidence in a sound game plan and game calling!

Go Joe,... move that ball, Go RAYvens!

Looking at the numbers, Flacco still isn't performing well in the playoffs against good defenses. I hope for his sake he can rise above Denver's defense so we can send Ray out as a champ.

Joe can't/won't do it without his supporting cast. Need to keep the defense off him, block for the running game and catch the damn ball!

D3x and Derrel, there's an old ballard called, "What a Difference a Day Makes"!

Joe E-Lite's numbers are directly related to the uninspiring and inefficient game planning and play calling of the Cam era!

The jury is still out on the Caldwell era and if you take the Redskins game and Giants game (Cincy didn't count) there was a marked difference in the game calling!

Yet, we should a marked improvement in his game going forward!

It's all up to the offenseive line on how well Joe performs - if he gets raped in the backfield then forget it, give him time to allow for things to develop and if that happens then watch out cause he's dangerous!!!

He'd be hard pressed to have his playoff stats get any worse, but I'll take it as a positive sign. As much as we all hated Cam for his bland play calling, he did let Joe take another baby step every year, I'm hopin thats why the gradual production. Now that the nanny's gone, Caldwell needs to take off the kid gloves and lets see what Flacco is truly capable of.

[quote name='Mystigo_Dragon' timestamp='1357313813' post='1289163']
D3x and Derrel, there's an old ballard called, "What a Difference a Day Makes"!

Joe E-Lite's numbers are directly related to the uninspiring and inefficient game planning and play calling of the Cam era!

The jury is still out on the Caldwell era and if you take the Redskins game and Giants game (Cincy didn't count) there was a marked difference in the game calling!

Yet, we should a marked improvement in his game going forward!
[/quote]

Cam was fired the Monday after the Skins game, which really didn't leave a lot of time for Caldwell to have an impact on the play calling against Denver - hence the reason there was still a lot of Cam's influence as that gameplan had been written already. Leading up to the Giants game there was about 2 weeks for Caldwell to really get deep into the playbook and you could definitely see the difference in play calling in that game. As you said the Cincy game really didn't matter and our starters were only in there for 2 series and again they didn't really do much different than a Cam called game and that I attribute it to being a nothing meaning game...

[quote name='a 31fan' timestamp='1357314574' post='1289167']
He'd be hard pressed to have his playoff stats get any worse, but I'll take it as a positive sign. As much as we all hated Cam for his bland play calling, he did let Joe take another baby step every year, I'm hopin thats why the gradual production. Now that the nanny's gone, Caldwell needs to take off the kid gloves and lets see what Flacco is truly capable of.
[/quote]

If he wants his big pay day, the only way he's getting it is if he (1) at least gets to the SB and and even bigger payday (2) if he wins the SB

So, yes forget everything he did this season - it's what he does starting Sunday that management and the fans are concerned with...

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this lately, but currently Joe Flacco's 59 wins (including post-season) is tied with Ben Roethlisberger for the most wins in the first 5 years of a quarterback's career.

All he needs is to win this game against the Colts to be all alone at the top of that list.

His 5 post-season wins are also in a tie with 6 other quarterbacks (Jake Delhomme, Donovan McNabb, Mark Rypien, Rogert Staubach, Kurt Warner, and Danny White) for 4th most in the first 5 years of a quarterback's career.

All he needs is to win this game against the Colts to be tied with Troy Aikman at 3rd. He'd have to get to the Super Bowl to tie Ben Roethlisberger for 2nd place at 8 wins. He'd have to win the Super Bowl to tie Tom Brady for 1st place at 9 wins.