Ravens at Bengals      Pro Bowl Voting      #RavensPumpkin      Game Rewind   

Photo

[News] How Much Is Ray Lewis Going To Play Sunday?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,575 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Linebacker Ray Lewis is expected to return Sunday for the wild-card matchup against the Colts.

View the full article

#2 Legendary Ravens

Legendary Ravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

What is RAY LEWIS Football Legacy? Greatest Middle Linebacker of All Time. No more Butkis, Singletary Debates. RAY LEWIS #52. Put it in Stone in B-More and Egypt.

#3 Purple Dawg 96

Purple Dawg 96

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

Ray Lewis will not have to Warm Up! He Aint Never Cooled Off!

#4 BlackLesPaul

BlackLesPaul

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Jadeveon Clowney of USC is ready to step in. That was a Ray Lewis hit we saw this weekend.

#5 reed20fence

reed20fence

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

The answer to that question lies hidden somewhere in the Ray Lewis "Rise" video.

Just to paraphrase; when asked a similar question by Michael Irvin, Sugar Ray responded by asking his own question "What army, when it goes into war, leaves its General sitting out?"

Michael Irvin was in complete awe and mesmerized.

#6 PurpleDrank

PurpleDrank

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

Before Wednesday, I thought Indy may of had a little inspiration edge......Then came Wednesday. And after hearing about our General.......The inspiration factor shifted to us and no one can deny that! I can just feel the intensity of the team already and its only Thursday night. This team, come Sunday is gonna be off the charts for General Lewis!!!

#7 hugostiglitz

hugostiglitz

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

"You can't hurt this. I'm a machine, JERK!" - R. Lewis

#8 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,889 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

"This is a mans game, BOY!"

#9 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

he will start and i feel he will be successful against the run but if he shows signs of struggling against the pass than im sure they will pull him on obvious passing downs. good luck ray, fire up this defense like i know you can.

#10 grand prix

grand prix

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

Ray Lewis is not the old Ray Lewis, even before the injury. He will uplift the team just by being out there with them.

#11 4evermore23

4evermore23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

Ray will give us 120% percent i dont see him coming off the field lets go all the wayfor ed reed and ray lewis

#12 BillicksEGO

BillicksEGO

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

I actually think Ray will play to a higher level than he has. Let's face it, the guy loves to play, and how would you play, knowing this could be the last game of your career? As long as he's in good shape,(and they say he is)he should be able to be effective in many ways, and you know everyone on the defense will be focused.

#13 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,985 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Honestly, I am always the worry wart ... I almost never feel 100% comfortable before Ravens games. I even remember last year before the JAX game - telling friends of mine (non-Raven NFL observers) who told me they weren't planning to watch since it was a guaranteed blow out - "Hey, this is the NFL ... anything can happen".

So why would I feel any different heading into a playoff game against an 11-5 team? I don't know, but I can tell you I really, really think we are going to win. I felt we were going to win before the Lewis retirement - but now I think we're going to hammer them. Perhaps I shouldn't feel this confident, but I simply do.

Edited by balfan23, 03 January 2013 - 09:53 PM.

#14 charliebucket

charliebucket

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

I don't think we'll see anything less than 110% from Ray this Sunday. Gonna miss you Ray. Come back and coach sometime sooner than later

#15 J.O.14

J.O.14

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

Honestly, I am always the worry wart ... I almost never feel 100% comfortable before Ravens games. I even remember last year before the JAX game - telling friends of mine (non-Raven NFL observers) who told me they weren't planning to watch since it was a guaranteed blow out - "Hey, this is the NFL ... anything can happen".

So why would I feel any different heading into a playoff game against an 11-5 team? I don't know, but I can tell you I really, really think we are going to win. I felt we were going to win before the Lewis retirement - but now I think we're going to hammer them. Perhaps I shouldn't feel this confident, but I simply do.

I'm the exact same way!!! I remember that JAX game as well when i had a bunch of friends tell me that it will be a blowout, and along with the NFL analyst saying the same. I just had a bad feeling that we were not gonna play well, and that we would end up losing. I hate when i get these feelings, but i don't have one about this sunday. Its hard to get this feeling about anyone we play at home, cause we always ahve a great chance. I think it may be close for awhile, then we will blow them out.

#16 Grendelwulf21

Grendelwulf21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

That'd be nuts if this just turned into the 2000 year :O

#17 the deepster

the deepster

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

I am just so happy that nobody cried like the way Hines cried when Bettis announced his "first" retirement. Now guys go out there and honor Ray the best way possible and that's to beat your man and not play selfish football meaning no stupid penalties yes I am talking to you Michael Oher and Jimmy Smith.

#18 BmoreKing

BmoreKing

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

Man I feel like a chick, me being all emotional this week. I just want ray to lift that trophy so bad!

#19 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,462 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

I cannot imagine Ray Lewis in his last game at Ravens stadium not playing his heart out and affecting the outcome of the game like he is used to! I cannot imagine the courage it would take on the part of the coaches to have him come out of the game! I do not want to be that coach period!

#20 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,462 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

You know who should be worried right now? The team that is waiting, resting and watching to find out who they play next! Yes, I can bet my bottom dollar, the Ravens are a team they do not want to play...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users