Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] How Much Is Ray Lewis Going To Play Sunday?

48 posts in this topic

Linebacker Ray Lewis is expected to return Sunday for the wild-card matchup against the Colts.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/How-Much-Is-Ray-Lewis-Going-To-Play-Sunday/8e590f09-96ed-4d05-ac5d-a2d6716b5d52]View the full article[/url]

What is RAY LEWIS Football Legacy? Greatest Middle Linebacker of All Time. No more Butkis, Singletary Debates. RAY LEWIS #52. Put it in Stone in B-More and Egypt.

The answer to that question lies hidden somewhere in the Ray Lewis "Rise" video.

Just to paraphrase; when asked a similar question by Michael Irvin, Sugar Ray responded by asking his own question "What army, when it goes into war, leaves its General sitting out?"

Michael Irvin was in complete awe and mesmerized.

Before Wednesday, I thought Indy may of had a little inspiration edge......Then came Wednesday. And after hearing about our General.......The inspiration factor shifted to us and no one can deny that! I can just feel the intensity of the team already and its only Thursday night. This team, come Sunday is gonna be off the charts for General Lewis!!!

he will start and i feel he will be successful against the run but if he shows signs of struggling against the pass than im sure they will pull him on obvious passing downs. good luck ray, fire up this defense like i know you can.

Ray Lewis is not the old Ray Lewis, even before the injury. He will uplift the team just by being out there with them.

Ray will give us 120% percent i dont see him coming off the field lets go all the wayfor ed reed and ray lewis

I actually think Ray will play to a higher level than he has. Let's face it, the guy loves to play, and how would you play, knowing this could be the last game of your career? As long as he's in good shape,(and they say he is)he should be able to be effective in many ways, and you know everyone on the defense will be focused.

Honestly, I am always the worry wart ... I almost never feel 100% comfortable before Ravens games. I even remember last year before the JAX game - telling friends of mine (non-Raven NFL observers) who told me they weren't planning to watch since it was a guaranteed blow out - "Hey, this is the NFL ... anything can happen".

So why would I feel any different heading into a playoff game against an 11-5 team? I don't know, but I can tell you I really, really think we are going to win. I felt we were going to win before the Lewis retirement - but now I think we're going to hammer them. Perhaps I shouldn't feel this confident, but I simply do.

I don't think we'll see anything less than 110% from Ray this Sunday. Gonna miss you Ray. Come back and coach sometime sooner than later

[quote name='balfan23' timestamp='1357267979' post='1288694']
Honestly, I am always the worry wart ... I almost never feel 100% comfortable before Ravens games. I even remember last year before the JAX game - telling friends of mine (non-Raven NFL observers) who told me they weren't planning to watch since it was a guaranteed blow out - "Hey, this is the NFL ... anything can happen".

So why would I feel any different heading into a playoff game against an 11-5 team? I don't know, but I can tell you I really, really think we are going to win. I felt we were going to win before the Lewis retirement - but now I think we're going to hammer them. Perhaps I shouldn't feel this confident, but I simply do.
[/quote]

I'm the exact same way!!! I remember that JAX game as well when i had a bunch of friends tell me that it will be a blowout, and along with the NFL analyst saying the same. I just had a bad feeling that we were not gonna play well, and that we would end up losing. I hate when i get these feelings, but i don't have one about this sunday. Its hard to get this feeling about anyone we play at home, cause we always ahve a great chance. I think it may be close for awhile, then we will blow them out.

I am just so happy that nobody cried like the way Hines cried when Bettis announced his "first" retirement. Now guys go out there and honor Ray the best way possible and that's to beat your man and not play selfish football meaning no stupid penalties yes I am talking to you Michael Oher and Jimmy Smith.

Man I feel like a chick, me being all emotional this week. I just want ray to lift that trophy so bad!

I cannot imagine Ray Lewis in his last game at Ravens stadium not playing his heart out and affecting the outcome of the game like he is used to! I cannot imagine the courage it would take on the part of the coaches to have him come out of the game! I do not want to be that coach period!

You know who should be worried right now? The team that is waiting, resting and watching to find out who they play next! Yes, I can bet my bottom dollar, the Ravens are a team they do not want to play...

[quote name='balfan23' timestamp='1357267979' post='1288694']

[/quote]

Man brother, I'm glad you're feeling confident about this game and potentially/hopefully three more after this one. But I'm going to stay in my reality of this 2012/13 Raven season, and be worried crapless about what Raven team decides to show up and play this Sunday.

Yeah of course the team is amped up and have nothing to lose to leave it all out there and go out guns blazing for Ray, but as suspect as this season and team have been and as inconsisten they have been all year, really gives me nooooooooo confidence or security of feeling secure with the playoffs this season. Of course I certainly hope the do their thing and make it all the way, but I'm just worried as all heck lol....

All I know is I can't wait to see how hard the Bank hits the richter scale come Sunday, I'm actually looking more forward to hearing how loud it's going to be while I'm standing in there watching what will hopefully not be Rays last game this season!!

I'm with balfan on this one. I thought there was a decent chance we'd beat Indy, but with the news of Ray's retirement I think that chance went up. Ravens staff and players like to downplay the emotional factor in these games, but I have noticed they play lights out when there is some deep emotional story playing out behind the scenes. Art Modell, Torrey's brother, you name it and the Ravens came out and played with more heart in games like that. There is always part of the game that is mental, no matter what they say to the media. Anyone who has ever been an athlete in direct competition like this can attest to that. So, while most of us hate to see Ray leave, the timing of his announcement may have been just the right push to give us the edge this Sunday. (and for the record I believe Ray will play a full game. He didnt work his butt offin rehab to come back out for some token appearance.)

i think you cant really Game plan for us this year to be honest,i mean our record and everything is Misleading ,we are now aside from Webb 100% healthier then we have been this season ,you have to take that into consideration ,so any Game planning done by the Colts this week ,you may as well throw it out the door ,this is a different team we will be seeing sunday then we have seen the past several weeks,so nobody wants to play us right now ,as i see Boards with Pats Den fans saying there that team to beat ,well good for them because we have beat NE 1 time already in a shootout ,But like i said this is a New team 0-0,and much healthier at the perfect time.

Asked about how many plays he'll participate in seems to be the minor aspect of the game. Just his play calling and leadership are worth much more than how mant tackles he makes.Ravens 34- Indy 17

I do not believe this game will be a "blowout". I do believe we will win this game IF we bring our "A" game on Sunday.

I need to take my medicine before the game so I will not have a panic attack lol. Just kidding.

Go Ravens.

I'm leaving Tallahassee in 10 minutes to drive back home to B'more for this game. There is NO WAY I am missing Ray coming out the tunnel for what may well be the last time. I have had a man crush on this dude since he was drafted and it will be a simultaneously sad and exhilarating day at M&T when he starts dancing.

The place is gonna go nuts and I'll be right there with everyone else.

GO RAVENS! Let's smash them Colts (and YES to answer a throw back thread - I STILL HATE THE COLTS WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING AND I WANT TO SEE THEM TRAMPLED BEFORE A SUPERIOR RAVENS SQUAD ON SUNDAY).

I'll be in lot O Sunday morning dressed like a purple Elvis. Come and say hey!

[quote name='Dr. Death' timestamp='1357299980' post='1289072']
I'm leaving Tallahassee in 10 minutes to drive back home to B'more for this game. There is NO WAY I am missing Ray coming out the tunnel for what may well be the last time. I have had a man crush on this dude since he was drafted and it will be a simultaneously sad and exhilarating day at M&T when he starts dancing.

GO RAVENS! Let's smash them Colts (and YES to answer a throw back thread - I STILL HATE THE COLTS WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING AND I WANT TO SEE THEM TRAMPLED BEFORE A SUPERIOR RAVENS SQUAD ON SUNDAY).

[/quote]

You do have Purple Suede Shoes, correct ? :)

Can you imagine a rookie QB with 80,000 crazy Ravens Fans and Ray Lewis staring you down with Ed Reed lurking behind him! I got goose bumps!!!!!!!!!!

It's going to be another blow out and Ray Rice probably will have 200yds rushing if not Rice and Pierrce will have 100yds a piece.

When we're on Defense there will not be a single butt in a seat. Everybody up and making noise. Colts don't stand a chance with what we the fans are going to be bring.

Luck n Chuck are going to be more like, Duck

My last post was edited due to dropping an f bomb but basically what I'm saying is the Colts are screwed :)

The stadium is going to be ELECTRIC!!!
The Colts better learn hand signals because the only communication they're going to have is Ray standing over Luck saying "WHAT"!
:-)!

Of the LBs that have substituted for, and in Ellerbee's case stepped UP, while #52 has been out, none can replace his presence in the Defensive huddle and at the snap - period!

The notion that Ray Lewis would make a symbolic entrance and play a couple plays is as likely as it was for Cal Ripkin Jr to take the field for the First Inning only during his streak!

Baltimore icons don't roll like that!

Expect Ray to play every minute of the sixty he should on Sunday (and beyond) after we send the "Mayflowers" packing for Indy yet again!

Ball control and field position will win. Use Rice AND Pierce to pound the Colts defense.

He's going to introduce Andrew Luck what it's like to play in Baltimore, the hard way.

First defensive play BACKER BLITZ!!! Either Ellerbe of Lewis layout Luck!!!!

so excited that I will be able to be there to watch Ray's final emergence from the tunnel and his final game...hope I don't cry, but if I do i doubt I will be the only one ;(

Yes, Derrel and hit the middle under 20 yards and let the skill players run after catch!

We don't need the deep ball all the time - only when they're up close to stop our short game!

[quote name='Derrel' timestamp='1357310465' post='1289129']
Ball control and field position will win. Use Rice AND Pierce to pound the Colts defense.
[/quote]

I would agree that we definitely need to run the ball - but Indy is aware that their rush defense is suspect - Houston's game plan was to pound the rock and Indy shut that down and Houston lost.

If Indy stacks the line, we have to bomb the ball down field to make them switch their scheme - once that happens then we will be able to pound the rock. We need to score early, keep the crowd pumped and let the defense HUNT!!!!

RL#52 will play as long as his triceps allow him to, God forbid he reinjures it and has to sit on the sideline - please Lord don't let that happen, please please please

[quote name='sami' timestamp='1357321676' post='1289299']
Last game at M&T Stadium.....Ray will play till his arm falls off.
[/quote]

100 percent this. But this time they will just re-attach the arm. He is, after all, a machine (jerk)

Posted
Today, 05:12 AM
Dr. Death, on 04 January 2013 - 04:46 AM, said:

You do have Purple Suede Shoes, correct ?

I'm leaving Santa Fe NM tomorrow morning, wouldn't miss this game for anything. W

[quote name='J.O.14' timestamp='1357269349' post='1288738']
I'm the exact same way!!! I remember that JAX game as well when i had a bunch of friends tell me that it will be a blowout, and along with the NFL analyst saying the same. I just had a bad feeling that we were not gonna play well, and that we would end up losing. I hate when i get these feelings, but i don't have one about this sunday. Its hard to get this feeling about anyone we play at home, cause we always ahve a great chance. I think it may be close for awhile, then we will blow them out.
[/quote]

Yes - in that way, it could resemble the KC playoff game. They hung with us - then we scored to close out the 1st half and then the can of whoop was opened to start the 2nd half. I'll take it.

I'm looking forward to watching the best of the Raven's best this year on the field again today. It'll be interesting to see how Ray Lewis plays out his Swan Song. Here's to wishing the best of life, health and happiness to one of the most prolific inside linebackers I've ever seen -- Ray Lewis. You go, man.