26 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

Ray Lewis was replying to my question and looking at me while saying this is his ‘last ride.’

View the full article

#2 Big G

Big G

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

Ryan, thanks for the insight. None of us were ready for this either.

Edited by Big G, 03 January 2013 - 04:18 PM.

#3 Johnwilson

Johnwilson

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

Man this was probably a hard day for any reporter to watch and heard him say he was retiring!

#4 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

i want to see domination by all 3 phases in these playoffs. destroy everyone ravens!!

#5 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,773 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Ray Rice almost looked in tears on the news last night, I know how he feels. We all knew this was coming and my butt is going to be in my seat at 1215 on Sunday!
68f2a8.jpg

#6 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,110 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Ahh, shame on you, Ryan - if you don't ask that quastion, Lewis wouldn't retire :D

bio

#7 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,110 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

There are events in life you might be aware of that they'll happen, you may even know the exact date and time, you may have a long time to let it sink in, to prepare yourself to the moment - and you know all the way it's gonna be just as bad and painful as if it was coming out of the blue. This is such an event for any Ravens-fan. If you looked at the big picture, you could easily deduce that this might be his last home game, since retiring at the end of the season was an ever more likely scenario. But making it official still hurts.

But that's how it always is, isn't it?

bio

#8 dwhravens

dwhravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

I'm glad its out before his last game (s). That stadium is going to be electrifying and the LOUDEST it has ever been.

#9 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

The impact of this announcement has been felt. It's been over 24 hours and it has been met with the appropriate reflection on the gravity of the situation.

Further reflection will be warranted after his run is done. Now, it is time to put it aside and give complete focus on the task at hand and that is getting a super bowl for Ray, Ed, all the Ravens, the city and all of its fans.

#10 propjoe

propjoe

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

I think the noise at M&T this weekend will top any other field in the league. 12th man starts the Ravens on their course for a 4 game win streak!!! It would be awesome (but not likely) if the Bengals and Ravens could make it to the AFC Title Game to be hosted right here.

#11 TorryGundy

TorryGundy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

Damn, I feel like a part of me is gone. No one has ever had a Raven Season without Ray. I so wish I was going to be able to be there, at leaset even be in the city. Give him the send off he deserves. A shut out and a win!

#12 J.Flacco#5

J.Flacco#5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

Ray have a great retirement.

#13 JimA3_3

JimA3_3

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

It's not a retirement in the traditional sense. It's a new chapter. The new Ray Lewis.

#14 TheRavenNest

TheRavenNest

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

I think the noise at M&T this weekend will top any other field in the league. 12th man starts the Ravens on their course for a 4 game win streak!!! It would be awesome (but not likely) if the Bengals and Ravens could make it to the AFC Title Game to be hosted right here.

Man don't ever say never... It feels like 2000 again...Man, can you feel that Fire!!!! Lets go Ravens !!!

#15 TheRavenNest

TheRavenNest

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

There are events in life you might be aware of that they'll happen, you may even know the exact date and time, you may have a long time to let it sink in, to prepare yourself to the moment - and you know all the way it's gonna be just as bad and painful as if it was coming out of the blue. This is such an event for any Ravens-fan. If you looked at the big picture, you could easily deduce that this might be his last home game, since retiring at the end of the season was an ever more likely scenario. But making it official still hurts.

But that's how it always is, isn't it?

bio

yea, and it still sux!!

#16 canfan

canfan

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

Ray, if you read this, you're the reason Im a Ravens fan and the reason I started watching football. Its gone beyond that, you make me want to be a better person, more than I am and I thank you for that. As I always say, there are only 52 seconds in a Ray Lewis minute because its that intense. Can we all live with passion 52 seconds at a time?

My only regret is that I never got a chance to meet you and shake your hand. Never too late.

#17 JakeNumber55

JakeNumber55

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

When the video starts up on the home page, and it said "you could be the greatest" and had a picture of Ray smiling im not even gona lie, I lost it a little bit. Ive been a Ravens fan since I started watching football 4 years ago, and I always knew Ray would have to retire but I never wanted it to be true. If its this hard for me to see Baltimore without him, I couldnt even comprehend how it most feel for the fans of like 10 years. Its been a day since he has announced he will retire and it still feels like a dream... Ill miss you Ray so dang much.

#18 Bernie Mc1953

Bernie Mc1953

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

I knew it was to come but its funny but when it do happen it is strange to see him go just like J.O. Ray will be sorely miss not only for the team ,city but the whole football world Love you Ray.

#19 Bernie Mc1953

Bernie Mc1953

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

Win one for Ray guys.

#20 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,830 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

Well done Ryan! You encapsulated the moment wonderfully! Good job!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users