Ravens Schedule Coming Today!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule today at 8:00 pm ET. More Info »
Close

Photo

[News] Report: Ray Lewis To Join ESPN Post-Retirement

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 bmore_kman

bmore_kman

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

I always wished he would attempt to coach before joining the talking heads. At least we'll finally have someone with insight into the modern era defense.

I wouldn't be surprised if you see him get into coaching after his son gets done at the U. Coaching now would put him into the same kind of grind and intensity and time commitment that he is trying to ease up on so he can follow his son's college career.

“Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't..”

― Leo Buscaglia 

#22 bmore_kman

bmore_kman

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

It seems to me like you guys clamoring for Lewis to go directly into coaching don't care either about him or his desire to spend time following his son's career, only about yourselfish desire to see him improve the team's immediate future.

“Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't..”

― Leo Buscaglia 

#23 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,372 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

Lets start by focusing on winning Sunday, Ray can decide what to do once we win SB.

#24 btfan2

btfan2

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

I'm sad, really sad about Ray leaving. I'm also having many selfesh thoughts. I'm glad the world is Ray's oyster but; without Ray and most likely ED the Ravens are in trouble. What is the glue that has made this team so stable; Ray and ED.

How many owners, coaches, coordinators, asst, first string players have we been through in the last 10 years?? How much did any of that movement and change disrupt the team, well not much.

I think Suggs and some others can be team leaders but; they will never do the job that Ray and Ed have done. I personally think if the Ravens let Ed go at the end of the year they are stupid.

No Ed isn't playing as well as he used to be he is a leader and a stablizing influence on the team. He has a power house of knowledge.

To lose both these guys at once is just bad management. I also fear that Ed will be forgotten in all the hype over Ray. Oh yeah Ray deserves it but; so does ED.

We'll see. I too wild love to see then both back as coaches - now that would be nice.

#25 thebirdcage

thebirdcage

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

When Ray Lewis speaks people listen. You don't have to like him, but you do have to listen for the man is inspirational, spiritual, knowledgeable and intelligent. He is in a class of his own and has put Baltimore on the map. He has so much to offer and so much still to teach us! Good Luck Ray..I will miss you next year on the field, but I know, you heart is in Baltimore, therefore we will never be truly without you. Go Ray-Go Ravens!

#26 reed20fence

reed20fence

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

He'll have to abstain anytime he'll be asked to pick who he thinks is gonna win a Ravens game. It's near impossible to picture him picking someone other than the Ravens to win any game.

And THAT's why Balmore will always be his home.

Edited by Grapple Raven, 03 January 2013 - 03:14 PM.
Profanity

#27 RavenSwag

RavenSwag

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

Much success to Ray with whatever he does after football

#28 drillem

drillem

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

Life goes on. Records are always broken. People come and go. Some feel sentimental. Some realize the need to grow and just let go. We should just thank the man for the years he spent. What comes next for him is up to him. And remeber there will be more greats playing for the Ravens in years to come. And we shouldn't think down and out. GO RAVENS!!!!!

#29 IMissMattStover

IMissMattStover

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

Coaching will not give him the flexibility to go to his sons game.

My thoughts as well. I was also under the impression that he wants to coach and mentor at his alma mater High School. Or is that a little further down the line. I cant imagine a single high school that would not hire such a freaking legend as a coach. The man is a football genius.
He who laughs when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.
Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on Earth, with a top speed of 120 feet-per-second, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter.
Entropy just isn't what it used to be.
Never, under any circumstances, take sleeping pills and a laxative on the same night.

#30 Stephenjr

Stephenjr

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

Ray,you made me love watching football the last 17 years.Thankyou for evrything you have done for the city of Baltimore and the love you have spread through every person you have touched.You will be very missed but never ever forgotten!! God bless you and your family.I look forward to watching your sons grow in the game of football,and can only pray they our on our side! Now go get that last ring for you,your team and the city of Baltimore!! Go Ravens!!

#31 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,086 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

I will actually watch ESPN now. Make sure you deck Bayless and Hoge every chance you get, Ray!
Posted Image

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#32 illinoisravensfan

illinoisravensfan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

Only thing better would be if Ray replaced Hines Ward on NBC, got a bad case of "Can't Stand I'm"!Oh well Ray did get in some last licks before he retired he he!

#33 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Such a gig gives him flexibility. I am hoping that once his children move on into adulthood, he finds his way back to the Ravens organization in some capacity.

#34 Bravens292

Bravens292

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

kinda equals out Hines Ward being on NBC

#35 RavenFan28105

RavenFan28105

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

I kinda wish he would've done NFL Network. I find it a better program than ESPN and he could finally shut Heath Evans up. But I'll still watch ESPN and Monday Night Countdown :) I wish Ray the best after the post season.

#36 Lytec

Lytec

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

Im pretty sure he could have had his pick between ESPN or NFL Network... but correct me if im wrong: ESPN does the bulk of their broadcasts, or at least their football shows from Orlando, which is again in Florida, closer to his Son/Family.

#37 HardBAL

HardBAL

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

I'd love to see Ray on First Take with Skip and Stephen A

#38 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

Football Night in America with Al Micheals and Ray Lewis would have been the ultimate and send Collinsworth to ESPN.

#39 a 31fan

a 31fan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Sit him right next to Keyshawn, bet he shows the Ravens some respect then!

#40 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

ESPN needs to grab Ward so he and Lewis can cover the Ravens-Steelers games together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users