Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Report: Ray Lewis To Join ESPN Post-Retirement

61 posts in this topic

The linebacker would reportedly be part of the network’s Monday Night Countdown.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Report-Ray-Lewis-To-Join-ESPN-Post-Retirement/0ba6812a-bf80-4c11-b722-ef81d4ceaf7d]View the full article[/url]

I always wished he would attempt to coach before joining the talking heads. At least we'll finally have someone with insight into the modern era defense.

I think the entire city of Baltimore just became more interested in Monday Night Football.

im sure he will get into coaching once his sons have graduated college but ed reed has said he would like to get into coaching and he is 1 person im hoping harbs adds to his staff when that time comes.

I'm no fan of ESPN, and I'd rather see Ray coaching the Ravens. But he will bring a much smarter approach to sports commentary. ESPN is so blatantly bias, it's repulsive. Maybe Ray can change that!!

[quote name='The Greek' timestamp='1357233091' post='1288157']
replace skip bayless or heath evans with ray
[/quote] HAHA...yes, I agree!

Or, replace ESPN with Ray Lewis.

heath evans is so anti ravens its sickening. man i hope we win it all and bayless, evans and everyone else that has always been negative towards the ravens can eat their words.

[quote name='The Greek' timestamp='1357233091' post='1288157']
replace skip bayless or heath evans with ray
[/quote]A cockroach could replace Skip Bayless with ease.

I'm 26 and I can't imagine the Baltimore football w out Ray. We will miss you Ray, thank you for all the memories, I'm sure you'll be great at whatever you pursue starting w MNF!

[quote name='The Greek' timestamp='1357233042' post='1288155']
im sure he will get into coaching once his sons have graduated college but ed reed has said he would like to get into coaching and he is 1 person im hoping harbs adds to his staff when that time comes.
[/quote]

It might just be next year, I wouldn't be surprised if Ed retires as well and then becomes our secondary coach.

It's always fun to watch Tony "Goose" Siragusa do his schtick while on the sidelines!

I look for Ray to bring his enthusiasm to broadcasting!

[quote name='Valid1' timestamp='1357231132' post='1288133']
I always wished he would attempt to coach before joining the talking heads. At least we'll finally have someone with insight into the modern era defense.
[/quote]

I wouldn't be surprised if you see him get into coaching after his son gets done at the U. Coaching now would put him into the same kind of grind and intensity and time commitment that he is trying to ease up on so he can follow his son's college career.

It seems to me like you guys clamoring for Lewis to go directly into coaching don't care either about him or his desire to spend time following his son's career, only about yourselfish desire to see him improve the team's immediate future.

I'm sad, really sad about Ray leaving. I'm also having many selfesh thoughts. I'm glad the world is Ray's oyster but; without Ray and most likely ED the Ravens are in trouble. What is the glue that has made this team so stable; Ray and ED.

How many owners, coaches, coordinators, asst, first string players have we been through in the last 10 years?? How much did any of that movement and change disrupt the team, well not much.

I think Suggs and some others can be team leaders but; they will never do the job that Ray and Ed have done. I personally think if the Ravens let Ed go at the end of the year they are stupid.

No Ed isn't playing as well as he used to be he is a leader and a stablizing influence on the team. He has a power house of knowledge.

To lose both these guys at once is just bad management. I also fear that Ed will be forgotten in all the hype over Ray. Oh yeah Ray deserves it but; so does ED.

We'll see. I too wild love to see then both back as coaches - now that would be nice.

When Ray Lewis speaks people listen. You don't have to like him, but you do have to listen for the man is inspirational, spiritual, knowledgeable and intelligent. He is in a class of his own and has put Baltimore on the map. He has so much to offer and so much still to teach us! Good Luck Ray..I will miss you next year on the field, but I know, you heart is in Baltimore, therefore we will never be truly without you. Go Ray-Go Ravens!

He'll have to abstain anytime he'll be asked to pick who he thinks is gonna win a Ravens game. It's near impossible to picture him picking someone other than the Ravens to win any game.

And THAT's why Balmore will always be his home.

Life goes on. Records are always broken. People come and go. Some feel sentimental. Some realize the need to grow and just let go. We should just thank the man for the years he spent. What comes next for him is up to him. And remeber there will be more greats playing for the Ravens in years to come. And we shouldn't think down and out. GO RAVENS!!!!!

[quote name='Moderator 2' timestamp='1357235576' post='1288193']
Coaching will not give him the flexibility to go to his sons game.
[/quote]

My thoughts as well. I was also under the impression that he wants to coach and mentor at his alma mater High School. Or is that a little further down the line. I cant imagine a single high school that would not hire such a freaking legend as a coach. The man is a football genius.

Ray,you made me love watching football the last 17 years.Thankyou for evrything you have done for the city of Baltimore and the love you have spread through every person you have touched.You will be very missed but never ever forgotten!! God bless you and your family.I look forward to watching your sons grow in the game of football,and can only pray they our on our side! Now go get that last ring for you,your team and the city of Baltimore!! Go Ravens!!