Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Late For Work 1/3: League Reacts To Ray Lewis Leaving Game

79 posts in this topic

Final home game for Reed? Deion not convinced Ray’s done. Cap effects. Could timing backfire?

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-13-League-Reacts-To-Ray-Lewis-Leaving-Game/54fbaa27-38ad-448d-b41d-174253a7c5de]View the full article[/url]

Very rarely is there an individual who when speaks make you want to go and knock someone out. He's the heart of the team. True inspiration and will be missed.

How amazing this thing called "sports" is. One little game could produce a world changing individual. More than just football, 52 taught me about life and the kind of life a man should lead. A life filled with dedication, hard work, love, and perseverance. Sunday will be an emotional ride for me. Let's send him off strong Charm City.

[quote name='TheRavengers' timestamp='1357224330' post='1288027']
I see no reason for there not to be a Ray Lewis statue being erected somewhere around M&T.
[/quote]

right out front!!! i say move the Johnny U statue inside the stadium and put it in a nice protective case with a plaque to preserve the memories of the "old" era of football in the city of baltimore and then put a statue of Ray Lewis out front to represent the "new" era of baltimore football!

~Mili

There will be a Ray Lewis statue somewhere near one of M&T's gates, Steve Bisciotti and the city will see to that!

He is to the Ravens what Brooks, Eddie, Cal meant to the Os and definitely what Johnny U meant to the "real" Colts! It's just a matter of when!

~ ~ ~

Deion says this is not Ray's "swan song"! I disagree!

Ray Lewis has decided to walk away as a shining star that other players can take as inspiration! His body of work is larger than any accolades another Super Bowl would bring to him!

Its a must win for the super bowl!
I have a gut some type of feeling that we are going to be in louisana raising the lambordi i have a feeling maybe becasue im a fan but idk something about this team shows me we will win this year championship lets Go Ravens!

: ( I feel like crying myself to sleep right now no more Ray for the first time ever a good chance Reed wont be back either batman and robin I'm gonna miss them

There's never been a player that affected so many men through out the NFL and so many fans of the city they played for - AND THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER!!!

Thanks for all you've sacrificed over your 17 year career Ray, now get that trophy and go enjoy being a father!!!

I am making my plans for canton. The greatest Raven ever. Ray , you will be missed beyond measure. No one will ever wear 52 again.

I wonder how Ray's announcement and the way the league is reacting will affect Ed Reed's career going forward! The news hit the Ravens' locker room and the NFL like a thunderbolt!

No doubt, if Ed was contemplating retiring this year, Ray took away his thunder!

"Tremendous player, tremendous career. He's had a great career, he's a great player." - Bill Belichick

For once in your life, Billy...please open up and say something that carries a little weight. We're talking about the greatest defensive player in the history of the game, and you basically sum it up with your stupid, disingenuous cliches.

And why even bother posting anything this guys says? He says nothing. You may as well put a blank space with quotes for this idiot.

Ol' Billy boy probably ended that statement with: "He gave it 110%".

Anything short of making it to the super bowl will be a disappointment. LET'S DO THIS, RAVENS!!!!

SMASH AND DEVOUR IN THE NAME OF RAY LEWIS!!!

it's been a very long time since i've seen this type of reaction from the ENTIRE league about ONE player's retirement. incredible! it's the Ray Lewis Effect!!

~Mili

"The Ravens should just put Lewis in the Ring of Honor on Sunday, which is likely his final game in Baltimore. "

Hold on Hensley. Final game in Baltimore? Do you mean, we will lose against Indy?

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1357225845' post='1288045']
right out front!!! i say move the Johnny U statue inside the stadium and put it in a nice protective case with a plaque to preserve the memories of the "old" era of football in the city of baltimore and then put a statue of Ray Lewis out front to represent the "new" era of baltimore football!

~Mili
[/quote]

I disagree. The greatest MLB of all time deserves to stand right next to the greatest QB of all time.

I have been watching him since 1996, and all of the highlight clips yesterday didn%u2019t do the honor of playing some of his early years. Maybe the Media staff over at One Winning Drive can put together a worthy video clip of his lifetime highlights High school through Dallas game this year. PLEASE PLEASE

he will go down as one of the greatest players of all time!! he is the GOAT

there is a reason why all up and coming MLB wear 52. because of what it stands for, the passion and leadership he played with.

i got to shake Rays hand over the summer. if you haven%u2019t had that opportunity put your hand in a vice lock and you may get a slight feeling of what it is like.

We, the fans, say a big "thank you" to the man, the myth, the legend... Ray Lewis. Tomorrow we will start discussions about the way forward in the next era of the Baltimore Ravens; today we are celebrating the career of the greatest of all time. Thank you for 17 years of greatness.

Never imagined this day would come. I'm thankful I got to see him in person last year, because I knew it was coming to an end. With him going though, that brings an end to an Era of football that has been dying anyways. Just to see him, Ray Lewis....the person Ray Rice, Joe Flacco, Torrey Smith, Suggs and others literally watched growing up leave is hard. His legacy is just untouchable. He goes back to the days of Troy Aikman and Eddie George. Before the Steelers, back when it was Him vs Air Mcnair (Rest in peace Brother). Back before the Twin Tower incident. Back when Football was pure, and everything was earned through true hard work, and perseverance. He changed the way the LB position was played. As Ray Rice said, it's not going to really hit until Sunday, when the Fans in that stadium, and around the world watch as Lewis does his dance...just one more time at M&T Bank Stadium. As he comes out there, and leads his troops into battle, just one more time for old time sake. And as the memories flood in, and the game comes to an end, Regardless of outcome, the emotions will take their toll. I expect to see a lot of players from around the league watch this game only to pay homage and respect to a true legend in the game. Ray Lewis.

[quote name='PolishRifle' timestamp='1357228007' post='1288078']
"The Ravens should just put Lewis in the Ring of Honor on Sunday, which is likely his final game in Baltimore. "

Hold on Hensley. Final game in Baltimore? Do you mean, we will lose against Indy?
[/quote]

or that the road to the SB will see Ravens playing on the road the next two games after this one... we can only come back to Baltimore if bungals make it to the AFCCG too... so Ray will have to get us there via NE/Denver

Ray Lewis. The guy who branded a symbol of recognition throughout the NFL on a team that was faceless. So sad to see him go.

[quote name='horus13corvineus' timestamp='1357229111' post='1288090']
or that the road to the SB will see Ravens playing on the road the next two games after this one... we can only come back to Baltimore if bungals make it to the AFCCG too... so Ray will have to get us there via NE/Denver
[/quote]

I guess you right. I am just sick and tired how our team somehow turned into the underdog in this upcoming game.

This hurts, but i do believe the timing is perfect. This will give us some extra inspiration, to get Ray that second trophy before he goes out. I think its good in another way, for next year. We get extra salary cap, and i believe this will help us retain Ellerbe. We have 2 young LB's in the waiting, and i believe McClain and Ellerbe will be studs on the field together.

Dedicate this to the Legacy and memory of Ray Lewis. We will all miss you.

http://youtu.be/WtdPwSVXZcs

[quote name='PolishRifle' timestamp='1357229276' post='1288094']
I guess you right. I am just sick and tired how our team somehow turned into the underdog in this upcoming game.
[/quote]

I don't think we are underdogs. A lot of people believe we are going to win this game, as we should. I do know where your coming from though, a lot of analyst are saying resting players was a mistake and we are gonna struggle cause we don't have momentum. Momentum doesn't matter in the NFL, and along with Pagano returning, people are going to root for the colts anyway.

[quote name='metalraven' timestamp='1357227889' post='1288077']
Ali, Jordan, Gretzky, Ruth...and RAY LEWIS!!
[/quote]

While I agree they are all great in their own rite; but none of them impacted their respective league the way Ray Lewis did, none of them impacted the lives of their fans the way Ray has.