54 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,632 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Not only is Lewis walking away on a high note, he's giving teammates extra playoff motivation too.

View the full article

#2 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

Just have the "Ray Lewis alarm clock" set for 5 years in Canton.

Edited by Hardhitters, 02 January 2013 - 05:10 PM.

#3 Shaky End of the Quarter

Shaky End of the Quarter

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

To get to fulfill that pledge while also retiring as a starter on a playoff team, after a Hall of Fame career, well, if that doesn%u2019t qualify as the perfect time to walk away, what does?

Walking away like Warren Sap and Michael Strahan did, right after winning the Lombardi trophy. That would qualify as picture perfect timing. He doesn't deserve any less. I hope this channels the fire and everyone balls out the next 4 games. At the very least he should be able to avenge past playoff defeats against Payton and Tom. Would love to see him notch a couple of sacks against those two.

#4 trayRaves

trayRaves

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

Ride this wave to the Lombardi for our boy.

#5 Purple Dawg 96

Purple Dawg 96

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Once again Ray Ray is coming through for the Team!

#6 Shaky End of the Quarter

Shaky End of the Quarter

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

This should teach me a valuable lesson. I never had the opportunity to go to the bank or see Ray play live in a stadium. I promised myself that I would go see Ray and the Ravens in a home game next year (hopefully the home opener). Now, I still want to go but I am sad that I never had the opportunity to witness the insanity, the madness that everyone talks about when he walks out of the tunnel.

You have to make the most out of every day and take advantage of the opportunity you have today because you never know what will happen tomorrow. I waited till "tomorrow" to go see him and "tomorrow" he will not be there.

Hopefully they Ravens make it to the Superbowl that way I can pay an arm and leg for a ticket but at least I will be able to see him play before he goes into the sunset.

Ray please 1 more year (unless we win the Lombardi). Your son is going to college yes, but he will be a Freshman. Freshmen barely play. He could very well be riding pine his entire first year. Give us 1 more year then go be the perfect daddy. Just 1 more.

#7 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,015 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Ray Lewis is such a class act and I like his decision to be there for his son. What a good father he is and I really hope we can make it to the Super Bowl to give him a shot at another Super Bowl MVP. That would be an awesome way to go out!

#8 slowboater

slowboater

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

This should teach me a valuable lesson. I never had the opportunity to go to the bank or see Ray play live in a stadium. I promised myself that I would go see Ray and the Ravens in a home game next year (hopefully the home opener). Now, I still want to go but I am sad that I never had the opportunity to witness the insanity, the madness that everyone talks about when he walks out of the tunnel.

You have to make the most out of every day and take advantage of the opportunity you have today because you never know what will happen tomorrow. I waited till "tomorrow" to go see him and "tomorrow" he will not be there.

Hopefully they Ravens make it to the Superbowl that way I can pay an arm and leg for a ticket but at least I will be able to see him play before he goes into the sunset.

Ray please 1 more year (unless we win the Lombardi). Your son is going to college yes, but he will be a Freshman. Freshmen barely play. He could very well be riding pine his entire first year. Give us 1 more year then go be the perfect daddy. Just 1 more.

Ray is going out on his terms. For his family and his peace. He made a promise to RLIII that if he went to college on a scholarship, he would be there. All you have is your word.

Stubhub has tickets and I'm sure there will be scalpers. It will be a serene yet dreamlike moment waiting for Ray Ray to exit the tunnel. If you can find a way to go, you should. You'll always remember it. I know I will.

#9 TheCityThatReeds20

TheCityThatReeds20

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

strahan walked out on his own terms after a championship and he is half the player #52 is. The stars have aligned.

#10 Ravensfolyfe

Ravensfolyfe

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

The greatest Line backer ever!

#11 Shaky End of the Quarter

Shaky End of the Quarter

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

The City that reed 20, I know Strahan and Sap are not half the player Lewis is. My comment was never a comparison of talent, just a scenario of how to walk out 100% on top as league champions. I was referencing solely the "perfect timing" scenario.

Slowboater, I couldn't agree more with you. I know I will cherish the moment for the rest of my life. And I know Ray is going out on his terms primarily because of the promise he made his son. If I only lived in Bmore or in the continental US it would be a little easier to make my way over to the bank. With just a few days till game day it will be hard to be able to make it. Hopefully this team is SB bound, that will give me the best opportunity to see him (although it won't be at the bank, but I guess I could live with that) lol.

#12 luvrayrice27

luvrayrice27

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

i feel u. I've never been to a Ravens game but have always planned on attending at least one, just to see number 52 come out of the tunnel and do his dance. That was on my bucket list and now im sad that he is actually done after this season. I know he's old but I thought he had at least one year left in him. I understand his reason though, he's a great father!

Still, its hard to picture the Ravens without The Raven :(

#13 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,317 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

strahan walked out on his own terms after a championship and he is half the player #52 is. The stars have aligned.

Same goes for Jerome Bettis.

bio

#14 JakeNumber55

JakeNumber55

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

The energy is this upcoming game, is going to be insane! I really do hope I can grab a last second ticket, in the words of Bart Scott CANT WAIT!

#15 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

Timing may be perfect, but still hard to accept.....Best wishes always, to the greatest player that ever has and ever will put on a Ravens uniform. Retire #52 when Ray plays his last game, hopefully in 4 more games.

#16 rayvens5252

rayvens5252

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

Simply: Thank you God for bring this man into all our lives. I have been there since 96 and my life is better now because of Ray Lewis. Thanks Ray. See ya Sunday. I love you Brother!

#17 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

"We owe it to Ray and to the fans to keep him out there playing as long as possible," Ravens safety Bernard Pollard said.

^ then do that! Win...Win....and keep on Winning throughout the playoffs and then ultimately...WIN the Superbowl! send Ray out right!

~Mili

Edited by Militant X 1, 02 January 2013 - 07:27 PM.

#18 Ravensanalyst

Ravensanalyst

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

I was born in 1997, and I never got to watch Lewis play live. It was always my dream, I've been saving up to come to Baltimore to watch him play, I'll still come but i wanteed to see my favorite player play.

#19 whistleblown

whistleblown

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

We just became Super Bowl Favorites... Ray is leaving us with one last gift... He knows this will motivate this team and this city just at the right time... Thanks Ray!

#20 73mayhem

73mayhem

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

Basically everything Ray did his entire time with that Ravens was perfect, so this comes as no surprise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users