Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ray Lewis' Final Ride

60 posts in this topic

The words stuck in his throat at first, but Lewis revealed it's time to retire – on his own terms.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ray-Lewis-Final-Ride/238ee0b4-d565-4a96-ac04-dbc1471d1f7f]View the full article[/url]

When you factor in all of the individual and team accomplishments that Ray has achieved with his ability to inspire and led men on and off the field, Ray Lewis is simply the greatest player to ever play in the NFL. There never was and will never be another player like Ray Lewis.

I once had a boss in the Air Force who used to say: "Sooner or later you will retire from the Air Force and your family will still be there unless you screw it up first"
Ray is a great player and now gets to prove he is a great parent as well. He will leave a legacy in two worlds.

I cant belive it this can b the last home game for ray i cant imagine him not there ya hes been injured but we know he was coming back but everyone knows we have to move on. Black wednesday

Baltimore will make it pretty simple. Thanks. Thanks for the blood, sweat, and tears you've put into this team, city, community. Thank you Ray.

I think its also important to know that Ed is also 34 ... And he doesnt have a ring. Which he deserves. There will be 2 guys on that field Sunday that have hard earned a Superbowl Ring.

Thank you Ray! For your love for the game and heart as a player! 15 years ago it changed the way I was living and breathing Football %u2013 it made me (from Germany) a Raven and that will never change! I never made it to Baltimore for a Game to see you live %u2013 but I never missed a single game %u2026 live statistics or radio broadcast in a time without internet TV-streams when the Ravens game wasn`t scheduled for the 3 live Games we got on a game day %u2026 what a great player and person on and off the field! A great inspiration for many! Not only in sport!

I don't know if I can even really take all of this in right now. It's something that I knew was coming one day, but was never really prepared for. By no means can I blame him for his decision. You have to respect what he's done for this organization and for us as fans. He has definitely earned this right, it's just hard to live with.

I hope that we can send RAY out with another ring! We have been there... we have knocked on that door and have been so close... It is time!

No matter what... Ray Lewis has been the face of the RAVENS since day #1 . His star has burned a little brighter then most... Ray...wether he is with this team or not has helped to set an expectation and a standard in Baltimore that most teams just never reach.

RaY your legacy will be felt in Blatimore long after your retirement. Everybody drafted by this franchise has to aspire to a bar that you have set extremely high!
RAY LEWIS... is the RAVENS.... and will continue to be so- long after he is gone

But Ray Lewis...has found that before he is a RAVEN he is a father and a MAN! Proud to see the greatest LB of all time is an even better person!

THATS A LEAGACY!

So, to all those who jumped all over some of us for saying this was his last year.....there you go.

W0W,... Trent Dilfer just gave Ray a rousing endorsement to the Man! He said, whether it was game preparation, play, or personal problems, when he talks, you listen because,... you trust him!!!

Then, he said something heavy! Who will step up and be that LEADER?

Even if the Ravens don't make the Superbowl this year, it won't tarnish anything. Lewis is still the greatest Raven to ever wear the uniform. :)

Here's hoping that Ray starts working with former Colt/NFL All-Pro Joe Ehrmann. Together, those two guys could not only change the way young footballers are coached, they could change this culture of violence and the F'ed up definition of "manhood" that our country currently ascribes to.

"It's time for me to create a new legacy"

I've been blessed in the last 17 years to have Ray Lewis in my life. No, i don't know him and he probably doesn't know who i am, but the impact he has had is definitely a legacy he has left. I shook his hand once years back, and even just the smile and handshake, the man has an aura of positivity that you would have to blind and deaf to miss. Ray Lewis is more than a football player. He is an illustration of what hard work, discipline, rising above, and 110% is all about. When I feel down on myself, I get motivation from 52. The way he played is definitely how he lived. The love he has for the game, his team, and his family is something i will always put into my mind as i walk in life. How amazing sports is. How a simple sport can birth a man with the ability to change the world. I am blessed to know you. Charm city is blessed. Let's get a second lombardi before you hang it up Mr. Lewis.

[quote name='CxM_27' timestamp='1357160807' post='1287244']
& I think #52 should be foribidden to be used hah. Thank you Ray, For everything!
[/quote]

I agree, every Ravens fan in Baltimore has a #52 jersey that says "Lewis" on the back.. any other name would be.. just wrong.

I know he said he wouldn't coach, but I hope we see him again.. commentator, coach.. anything.

"Ray Lewis wanted to make men better." Well I was 16 when the Ravens & Ray Ray came to town. Ray Ray you don't know me personally but you made men out of more than just your peers. Thank you for all the lessons you have bestowed upon us. You are the living word! God bless you for making everyone a better person. Everyone!!!!!! Superbowl XLVII for our city, glory and our famed general. Let's get it!!!!!!!!!! Let's beat the snot out of every team left in our way. 4 games left to show them that Ravens Defense!!!! Make them never forget your legacy.