Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EnVy_CaLiBeR

So, does Ed Reed go too?

54 posts in this topic

"[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif]So Ray Lewis says he'll retire at end of the season. And as I've been reporting Ed Reed could be gone too. Sun could be last game for both"--Jason LaCanfora[/font][/color]

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/286519378290290689

If they're both gone, we got some real work to do on the defensive side of the ball in the offseason. It's a sad day in Raven world.

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]When I didn't think I could feel worse than I did a minute ago... thanks OP![/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]me--> :deadhorse:[/i][/font][i] <--OP[/i]

I think Ed will be gone after this season as well now. If Ray stayed I think Ed would have come back, but I think they will go out together.

I didn't think Ed would be back regardless. I don't think he is a guy to make a cap friendly deal just to stay with a team, and the situation we are in, plus his diminished play, would make it tough for the Ravens to keep him. Will really be odd if we start next season without either one of those guys. Two of my favorite most dynamic play makers in the history of football, gone! Damn!

The Ray Lewis and Ed Reed thing is nothing new to anyone. Everyone was surprised he came back this year and no on really figured Ed would play past his contract due to injuries. This is why everyone took the loss last year so tough cause we knew it could be the end for them as a tandem. We are still in the playoffs and have a chance to right what was wronged the last time. Everyone needs to come together and try to rally so Reed and Ray can go out on top.

as much as i love ihedigbo, i don't think he'd be able to replace a great like ed. IF this is his last home game, i hope he gets one last REEEEEEEEED before he goes.

for right now, lets focus on one tragedy at a time, alright?

[quote name='The_Patriot_Way' timestamp='1357158313' post='1287174']
Ed Reed will be a Patriot next season and play inspired, rejuvinated football for Bill Belichick.

Mark my words.
[/quote]
Wow, well if you say so....

Ed Reed will be a Patriot next season and play inspired, rejuvinated football for Bill Belichick.

Mark my words.
[/quote]

um....

with his constant back and forth about retiring, considering how much of a liability he has become, his injuries, his salary....i think this is his last year as well. Im a huge fan of Eds, i love his risk taking mind set, but he clearly doesnt have the talent to make up for the mistakes he makes now, no catchup speed as it seems. man im gonna miss that defensive backfield. We have been lucky to see one of the greatest safetys of all time for so long

Mark my words.
[/quote]

Ed's too tough for that team. Nice to dream though

Mark my words.
[/quote]

Ed Reed will be picking off an Uggs wearing pretty boy Patriot in the divisional round and play inspired, rejuvenated football in the AFC Championship game leading to New Orleans.

Mark my words.

Mark my words.
[/quote]

This is a Baltimore Ravens website, and you seem to be lost. Perhaps you can use Google Maps to find your direction.

Ray Lewis stepped up and bowed out gracefully rather than try to draw out the inevitable. Doing something like that requires maturity. I think we all know that if Reed leaves this offseason, it won't be his choice.

[quote name='EnVy_CaLiBeR' timestamp='1357153915' post='1287041']
"[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif]So Ray Lewis says he'll retire at end of the season. And as I've been reporting Ed Reed could be gone too. Sun could be last game for both"--Jason LaCanfora[/font][/color]

[url="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/286519378290290689"]https://twitter.com/...519378290290689[/url]

If they're both gone, we got some real work to do on the defensive side of the ball in the offseason. It's a sad day in Raven world.
[/quote]
[b]OH NO, THE RAVENS ARE MOVING TOO. ...THE WORLD IS GOING TO END. WHAT A RIDE THOUGH!lol[/b]

If Reed is in the league this year, it wouldn't be on this team anyway. We can't afford him. Hopefully he does retire so we don't have to see him in a different uniform. I always figured he would go out with Ray.

[quote name='redrum52' timestamp='1357156233' post='1287107']
This is why everyone took the loss last year so tough cause we knew it could be the end for them as a tandem. We are still in the playoffs and have a chance to right what was wronged the last time. Everyone needs to come together and try to rally so Reed and Ray can go out on top.
[/quote]
Last year's team was best, most balanced team I feel we ever had.
I took that championship loss really REALLY bad because in my mind I knew we would never, ever have a team like that again.
Let's see what kind of fire Ray's speech lit.

[quote name='Chris J. Faria' timestamp='1357159506' post='1287212']
Oh, hi there, Se[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]nior Bill Belichick![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]You're still tryi[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ng to replicate that success, you o[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]nce had, of picki[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ng-up or tradi[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ng for players, such as you did with Ra[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ndy Moss, Wes Welker, Corey Dillo[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]n, Rod[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ney Harriso[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]n, to [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]name a few; are[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]n't you?[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] But, wait; those tra[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]nsactio[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ns happe[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ned years ago! Please tell me how more-rece[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]nt tra[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]nsactio[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ns have go[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ne for you, or [i]should[/i] I ask Chad Ochoci[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]nco for that a[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]nswer...[/font][/color]
[/quote]

They're the number one offense in the league. Did you even know that? I think the transactions have gone quite well.

If you're going to talk smack can you try not to be so ignorant?

Mark my words.
[/quote]

Too soon dope. .. Way too damn soon. I don't know what your cap is looking like but didnt you just pay 2 TEs big money? How would you afford Ed? And what makes you think NE would be his first pick?

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1357162445' post='1287281']

They're the number offense in the league. Did you even know that? I think the transactions have gone quite well.

[/quote]What number offense? And that's a result of Brady, Welker, and their draft picks not recent FA acquisitions.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1357162445' post='1287281']

They're the number one offense in the league. Did you even know that? I think the transactions have gone quite well.

[/quote]

Hows that New Years resolution going? Ha!

[quote name='Miami Hurricane' timestamp='1357162778' post='1287293']
What number offense? And that's a result of Brady, Welker, and their draft picks not recent FA acquisitions.
[/quote]

still... number one offense. Whatever they have done, has obviously worked.

[quote name='1/28/01' timestamp='1357162858' post='1287294']
Hows that New Years resolution going? Ha!
[/quote]

Not well at all! It's too much effort to be nice, so I'm going to embrace it ;)

I think this is the year; because a lot of changes are coming for the Ravens. They need to win it all this year! It won't be an easy task, but they have so much to play for.

I think Ed will hang it up but he obviously can't make any announcements now. This is Ray's time. Ed Reed will probably make an announcement after season's end...and that will be after we hoist the trophy!

To get myself back on topic, I am inclined to think that Reed will either leave, or retire. He wants a higher salary, but there's just no way we can give it to him. His skills have declined, and he is not as reliable as he used to be. He's still a damn good player though. It's difficult to justify his cost, even so. I want him to stay, but it's just not likely in my opinion, especially with Ray now retiring.