38 replies to this topic

#1 EricH

EricH

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

I noticed there are a lot of tickets for sale for this Sunday's Wild Card game.
I find this odd considering this is a playoff game. The tickets themselves are not even selling for a whole lot of profit.
I assumed this would be a high demand game with Andrew Luck and the Colts coming to town. There are also Indy Colts fans in this area that moved their allegiance with the team. So there is even a Colts fanbase in this area.

Have we as fans actually gotten to the point in which a Wild Card game does not even carry our attention anymore?

#2 Ravens_fan

Ravens_fan

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,713 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

I'd go in a heart beat, but I was laid off of work a month ago. I'll be cheering from my couch.

#3 Pino

Pino

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

agreed. need mo' money

fix the offense

#4 theblackdog

theblackdog

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

I received an offer to buy tickets before they went on sale to the public, but this was during our losing streak where we couldn't wrap it up in the AFC North so I thought we were not going to get a home playoff game this year anyway.
Posted Image
Thanks to Kia Kaha for the sig!

#5 EricH

EricH

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

I wonder if much changes now that Ray just said this will be his last home game(should he play)?

#6 A Fish Called Yanda

A Fish Called Yanda

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,909 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

I will be buying my tickets the day of - if I decide to go.

Last year me and the GF got LL midfield tickets, row 30ish for $175 apiece to the Texans playoff game. No sense in buying them now when they are uber expensive :)

#7 theblackdog

theblackdog

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

I just scored 1 ticket to go this Sunday from Ticketmaster, section 504. Definitely is the time to search now.
Posted Image
Thanks to Kia Kaha for the sig!

#8 757RavensFan

757RavensFan

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,158 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

With this possibly being the last home game for Ray Lewis, I'm sure ticket sales won't be an issue.

#9 sameoldbull

sameoldbull

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

I bet with the news of Ray Lewis retiring will get the last tickets sold. I would if I wasn't living on the other side of the great lake.

#10 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,106 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

Watch them sell in no time now everyone knows its their last chance to see ray. Heck I'd fly over from the uk if I could

#11 I AM LEGEND

I AM LEGEND

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

Was shocked when I found 2 tickets...on two separate occasions.. monday morning on ticketmaster...second time I couldn't pass

#12 EricH

EricH

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Where exactly are you getting this idea that there is "A LOT of tickets for sale"? Because I just checked TicketMaster and I was only able to get individual tickets for the upper level and club level (which, because of the $300+ price, I can see why there's still tickets available for that section).

But, as for getting tickets paired right next to each other? Nope! Not even just two seats, together, resulted in a match. So, unless you're referring to these individually-seated tickets, isn't this just commonplace for there to still be some leftover (single) tickets a couple of days before the game?

Stubhub. There are 20 sets of tickets for sale in one of my sections -549.
That is a LOT compared to other games. I know because I sell tickets to just about every game.

#13 PeRK82

PeRK82

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,921 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

Im poor and its not cold at my house. And i have a really nice tv and surround sound.

If i were to get some tickets for free , i would go though. :banana1:

#14 Dfence4champs2052

Dfence4champs2052

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Got mine as soon as they went on sale on Ticketmaster Friday......before I knew just how much the ante was upped with Ray retiring. You can bet individual sellers will get dumb with prices. Glad I was in before the announcement!

<p>2ilg2yr.jpg
SIG COURTESY OF BALTIMOREFLACCO!

#15 EricH

EricH

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

Im poor and its not cold at my house. And i have a really nice tv and surround sound.

If i were to get some tickets for free , i would go though. :banana1:

Yes, but you know you will not experience even 25% of the emotion of that stadium when he starts doing the Squirrel. This will be a memory I will never forget. That day will forever big a huge part of my life. Going to be huge!!!

#16 PeRK82

PeRK82

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,921 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

Yes, but you know you will not experience even 25% of the emotion of that stadium when he starts doing the Squirrel. This will be a memory I will never forget. That day will forever big a huge part of my life. Going to be huge!!!

Honestly, i think it will be more emotional on TV just because you will see all the cameras up close. That is unless your on the sideline.

#17 EricH

EricH

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

Do you go to the games? I'm not being a jerk. I am just wondering.

There is no way to ever replicate the feeling of Ray coming out of the tunnel.
The electricity in the air when the fireworks go off...the stadium starts bouncing...screaming so loudly but you still can't even hear your voice. There is nothing like it...
Nothing like it...at least nothing like I have experienced in my 41 years. ;)

#18 Stover4Prez

Stover4Prez

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

Do you go to the games? I'm not being a jerk. I am just wondering.

There is no way to ever replicate the feeling of Ray coming out of the tunnel.
The electricity in the air when the fireworks go off...the stadium starts bouncing...screaming so loudly but you still can't even hear your voice. There is nothing like it...
Nothing like it...at least nothing like I have experienced in my 41 years. ;)

Couldn't agree more. I have ticekts in section 117 right above the tunnel and there is nothing better than the music changing, the crowd going bonkers and Ray coming out of the smoke. I don't care how big, fancy, High def, super surround sound your TV is, there is NOTHING that matches the energy in that stadium. It will be sad to see him go, but I'm surely not going to miss the last time of him coming out of that tunnel!! Let's Go Ravens!!!

#19 EricH

EricH

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

I get goosebumps and wet eyes still to this day! And I have been following Ray since he played for my original favorite team- U.

Sunday is going to be quite different my friend.

#20 Nightman

Nightman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

For me there is no excuse for missing a Ravens home playoff game! I got mine the day the went on sale got a nice, low row upper endzone seat in section 513 Row 4. It was a buyers market on the two resale sites Stub Hub and NFL Ticket Exchange, but since Ray's announcement that this will be his last season, it will become more of a sellers market.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users