Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Strengths, Weaknesses Of Andrew Luck's Game

41 posts in this topic

The Colts rookie quarterback threw for more than 4,000 yards, but tossed 19 picks.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Strengths-Weaknesses-Of-Andrew-Lucks-Game/4570d315-81bd-47e6-a53c-84629929246d]View the full article[/url]

Their OC is watching video of Cary Williams. They may have found their target. I sure hope Reed recognizes this.

Jim Harbaugh coached Luck at Stanford. Now everyone is talking about how Pagano knows the Ravens D inside and out and what a benefit that is, but I think a friendly brotherly phone call, which I am sure will happen, will provide the Ravens with every weakness, problem and sticking point that Luck has that Jim-boy is aware of from Luck's college days which was less than a year ago.. Eli calls Peyton and Ronde called Tiki, so if it doesn't hurt the niners, which it won't, I don't see why John won't call Jim and Jim will give John anything and everything he can to shut down Luck.

Coach Pees'Keys to victory:

A. Bring on the heat- at strategic points of the game of course.
B. Bring on MORE heat !
C. Repeat both, A nand B

With the loss of Art Modell along with Lewis announcing his retirement, the team will be super-motivated for that Lombardi trophy this year. I know that Indy has their own emotional motivation, but the Ravens will be playing for both their generals.

It's gonna be wired without ray since he's retiring he should be the d coordinator who knows defense more than him I tell you nobody

We have to be effective in taking away Lucks comfort zone in #1 Reggie Wayne #2 T.Y Hilton. They really don't have a running game to rely on they will try some screens etc but if we can take away his go to guys and create pressure we should be able to dominate this game.

Did you all see where Ray Lewis announced he will retire at the end of the season?

[quote name='Johnwilson' timestamp='1357147471' post='1286713']
WOW Ray Lewis Retiring can picture b-more without him well can we get him as LB coach atleast!
[/quote]

John... Ray wants to be there with his son at "The U". So I'm not sure how fast that would happen.

Damn...one last dance out of that Tunnel for Ray, and then it might be over. An era of Football would have truly come to an end. Ray will go down as one of, if not the best Linebackers to play. Im glad I got to see him play once before he retired :( Going to be so weird not having him out on the field....forever. Tear.

Logically, I knew this day would come. But it was still a shock to read. oh Man! Ray Lewis retiring. I can't even verbalize the feelings

These boys better step up there game and realize what it means to play this game. Ray Lewis has set the stage and guys are going to have to come together and play for this trophy. Ray Lewis might be the only person who can give players the emotional power to go on a Superbowl run and I think he just did that.

Andrew Luck had 18 interceptions and 5 fumbles lost this season, for a total of 23 turnovers. That's an average of 1.4 turnovers per game.

He hasn't had a turnover in his past 3 games.

The Ravens defense recorded 25 takeaways this season. That's an average of 1.6 takeaways per game.

They haven't had a takeaway in their past 3 games.

Hmm... Something's gotta give here. I hope we take the ball away from them... a lot.

[quote name='chappers11' timestamp='1357148492' post='1286766']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcSBw76_tpk[/media] I love you Ray.
[/quote]

Thanks for posting the video. It was amazing!

LUCK, VIC BALLARD and TY HILTON are three of the colts top 4 play makers (Reggie Wayne being the other) they are all rookies and most rookies seem to have a potential to make that rookie mistake whenthe heat of the playoffs is on.

We know that Wayne will be consistent but with the other three counted on so much... we have good odds that we will get multiple Turnovers this week.

Luck for a pick and either HILTON or BALLARD for a fumble...
That may ver likely be he difference in the game~
ADVANTAGE: RAVENS (playoff experience)

I will shed no tear..
For losing Ray Lewis this year...
He has done his part...
We knew it in our heart...
That his time was drawing near....
But he can rest assured...
That his name will be heard....
In the Hall of Fame one day...
And all the Ravens fan's will say...
We got to see the Greatest Linebacker to ever play!!!!!

It is a sad in RavensNation, but I believe that Ray has left his mark on this team, and we will be ok without him. even though it will be weird not seeing him on the sideline's after 17 yrs. Ray , YOU WILL BE MISSED!!!!

#23 Chykie Brown; #32 James Ihedigbo and #20 Ed Reed are extensively looking at film as we speak....along with #38..#31..#39...#24..#29 paying very close attention.....and guess who else will be on the hunt #92...#91....#99...#97...#96...#90...#62...#59....#56...#55 and especially #52 whether it be on the field or on the sidelines......OUR RELENTLESS "D-UNIT" will be on point!

Our offensive unit will no-doubt be ready to battle and strategically move the chains; score points and manage the game clock so that our "D-UNIT" is fresh....which will allow them to show their "A" game much better than before......and for our star-studded "0-UNIT" to establish a rhythm (simuliar to "THE ELECTRIC SLIDE"....only RAVENS' STYLE)!

For those of you who know how to "ELECTRIC SLIDE" know how difficult it is to infiltrate the line dance once it is started.....break into the line and quickly get into step before the rest of "THE ELECTRIC SLIDE DANCE LINE" almost run over you (you gotta know the rhythm and be in step). Let's keep the opposing defensive unit on their heels and forever guessing on which play will come next.......and with our "D-UNIT" on "THE HUNT" we will have young Andy Luck running for his life!

We must come into this game playing mistake-free.......penalty-free football!

"WHAT TIME IS IT?" "GAMETIME!!!" "ANY DAWGS IN THE HOUSE?" "WOOF! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF!"

Sunday, we as RAVENMAINACS would like to see all 53 "DAWGS" in da' house......in full effect!

Go-o-o-o-o RAVENS!!!!!!

Just hit him! Pees it's time to go hunting in these playoffs. IF we lose, I'd rather see us lose by sending blitzes rather than sitting back and giving any QB all day to throw. Hunt!!! Hunt!!! Hunt!!! all playoffs! Then let's see where we end up when it's all said and done.

[quote name='Johnwilson' timestamp='1357147471' post='1286713']
WOW Ray Lewis Retiring can picture b-more without him well can we get him as LB coach atleast!
[/quote]

John, we've all, when this day was to come, would love to have Ray coaching our Linebackers! It's a natural reaction when an icon must move on!

I think it was Mom Gene who said ray wants to be there for Little Ray at "The U",... and I remember his saying some time back, that his desire is to return to his hometown and coach his high school Alma Mater's football team plus mentor young men!

Makes us feel a bit selfish that we want to keep him to ourselves doesn;t it?

I now say, God Speed, Sugar Ray!

I want revenge for the 2006 playoff loss. That was the single most embarrassing loss in Ravens history.