63 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,623 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

Momentum actually means little for the postseason. 2012 Ravens superlatives. Power rankings.

View the full article

#2 1 + 1 = 2

1 + 1 = 2

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

that momentum piece is a bunch of bull. the giants and packers barely made the playoffs and got hot in decemeber the last two years. They both end up winning superbowl when they needed to win the last 2 regular season games just to get the 6 seed. Tell me that has nothing to do with peaking and momentum heading into playoffs.

#3 steelraven

steelraven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

Peter King doesn't know anything, six years ago, the Colts didn't score a touchdown that game, they won by kicking 5 fields

#4 Ravens21781

Ravens21781

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

@ 1 1

The Giants didn't really get "hot" they won their last two games. Considering we would have likely faced Bengals 2nd string in 2nd half I think we would have done the same. Overall Giants were 3-2 in Dec/Jan regular season games to end the season. Not exactly hot. But basically they were playing for their lives from week 16 on. Everyone freakin about us backing in is over stating the losses and understating the wins. We lost to our bitter rivals at home by a FG, an OT loss to another playoff team on road, and a loss best team in football (Broncos) a game in which several starters on both sides of ball were not there, and even then if Joe throws the ball more outside it is 10-7 at halftime instead of 17-0 and a whole different game.

#5 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,226 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

Payton Manning is going to be broken down when we face him in the AFC championship game this year.

#6 raven5286

raven5286

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

I would rather face the Patriots than the Broncos. Retribution from what happened last year. Also, Ravens' fans would rather have the AFC Championship to go through Baltimore if the Ravens beat the Colts and if the Bengals win out to reach that far.

#7 budman

budman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

Enough of all the other crap! The team that executes the best on that peticular day wins. That is all there is to it. Enough Drama.

#8 Big G

Big G

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

The Power Rankings are a joke. For the National Media to have the Ravens as 11th or 12th, is saying that we will be one and done this weekend. I DO NOT see that happening. I could see these pundits kepin us 12th after we win this weekend and there are only being 8 teams left. What a joke the media has become. GO RAVENS!!!

#9 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

Of course we're the biggest threat to the Pats and Broncos. The Texans have lost all their mid season glamour and we are getting ready to ride the road to New Orleans. I hope Cincy wins because I'd love another shot at Brady.

#10 Ravenz All Day

Ravenz All Day

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

People do not realize that our Defense will finally be healthy. And thats the first time all year that they have been. And our offense too. And as of right now we are considered one of the healthiest teams. We're def gonna be a threat. Hope everyone is ready for a ring!!!

#11 benjamin.phelps

benjamin.phelps

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

The greatest threat to the Ravens is the knowledge of Pagano and Arians. Once we get past that, then I'll worry about Pats or Broncos.

#12 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

Enough of all the other crap! The team that executes the best on that peticular day wins. That is all there is to it. Enough Drama.

Exactly! If the game were so predictable, we wouldn't be interested. You never know what the day will bring. Nobody is guaranteed anything...not even Peyton and Tommy Bieber.

#13 crabby

crabby

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

Having Rex hasn't exactly helped the Jets get past us.
Noticed SF signed Cundiff for their playoff run. Imagine if their season came down to a last minute field goal in the NFCCG. A miss would make him a legend!

#14 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

The greatest threat to the Ravens is the knowledge of Pagano and Arians. Once we get past that, then I'll worry about Pats or Broncos.

^^^ Worth seeing again... :)

I'm a mama of three boys. Nothing scares or disgusts me anymore. 

#15 ibleedpurpleandblack

ibleedpurpleandblack

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

People do not realize that our Defense will finally be healthy. And thats the first time all year that they have been. And our offense too. And as of right now we are considered one of the healthiest teams. We're def gonna be a threat. Hope everyone is ready for a ring!!!

We've had all of our offensive starters all season, they only showed up for about 3 or 4 games though so I can see why you would think we didn't.

The biggest thing that has me concerned with having all the starters on the field is continuity and communication built by those that have been playing all season long together. It's great to get the starters back but sometimes that can be more disruptive than productive when continuity and communication changes - hopefully they all do their job and that is not an issue...
The man who tries and fails is far more superior than the man who does not try at all...

#16 J.O.14

J.O.14

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

This is what we all wanted as fans, except to have a bye this weekend. We are getting healthy, unlike we ahve been most of the season. I am very excited about this, and i think we can make a run this year. The key to our D is gonna be stopping the run, and getting pressure. If we get pressure on Luck, then i think he will make some mistakes. Offensively, we need to go no huddle, we need to score, and score and score some more. We need to convert 3rd downs like we did against the giants. Lets do this and go beat Denver or New England. I honestly don't care who we play, cause more than likely we will end up playing both of them.

#17 Macadamia

Macadamia

Veteran

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

Results:

Doesn't matter. Patriots will be well-rested and prepared: 43 percent
Colts. Andrew Luck is still a rookie quarterback in playoffs: 23 percent
Texans. Houston is very vulnerable and banged up: 22 percent
Ravens. Patriots want revenge for last-second loss in September: 12 percent

This is soooooooooo typical of Pats fans: ARROGANCE. Here's hoping the Ravens prove all of their doubters and haters wrong by defeating Luck, then Brady, then Manning (or Manning, then Brady...either way), and then someone like Rodgers or Ryan (or whomever the NFC sends to the Big Game)!

Edited by Macadamia, 02 January 2013 - 11:23 AM.

#18 timinoc

timinoc

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

I keep seeing people say that our defense is totally healthy...we aren't. Webby is still out. Suggs isn't 100% by any stretch of the imagination. Ray isn't going to be 100% either. We may be the healthiest we've been for THIS season but we still aren't at full strength. We'll be strong enough to beat the Colts but against the Pats or Broncos...we will have to find a pass rush.

Offensively, we're very healthy...just inconsistent. Playing at home has been our elixir and the Colts defense hasn't exactly been dominant so I see us being able to do to them what we did to the Giants.

All in all, I think we just need to play a complete game on both sides of the ball. Special teams has been really good so hopefully no let downs there.

3 complete games = Superbowl birth.

4 complete games = Perseverance through a season of adversity and a championship. Go Ravens!

#19 callahan09

callahan09

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

This 1-for-5 business is way overstated. We should have beaten the Steelers and the Redskins, but for some untimely mistakes on both offense & defense. If we had those games to play again, I have full confidence we'd beat them this time around. The game against the Bengals is completely meaningless since we rested our starters. Throw that one out and we're 1-for-4. OK, still doesn't look great. But when you consider that we could have easily been 3-for-4, it's not so bad.

The most recent game of any value worth looking into is the Giants game, and the Ravens played very well on both sides of the ball in that game. The only game that the Ravens didn't play with a strong chance of winning was the Broncos game. So there really isn't too much to worry about with the "1-for-5" talk.

Also, it's worth mentioning that the Ravens haven't had a takeaway in their past 3 games. Including post-season games and games spanning the end and beginning of subsequent seasons, this is only the second time in franchise history that we have had a 3-game stretch with no turnovers. The only other time was back in 1996, our very first season, where we had a 4-game stretch.

#20 MDpgRaven

MDpgRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

@ Callahan

i hear what you are saying but....at the same time we could have been 0-6 in the last few games.

if the Ravens come out and Excute the plans to the best of their ability they should be fine and can beat anyone. if the O come out flat. we aren't going to win and go far.

Nobody or Ravens know what the heck is going to happen on Sunday, Which team is going to show up? the team that beat down the Giants? or the Team that Stalled out against the DEN?????????? NO BODY KNOWs all we can do is root and hope they win

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users