26 replies to this topic

#1 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,090 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

If I told you in August that Suggs and Lewis would never take a snap together, that Ngata would play hurt all year, that Webb would go down right off the bat, that numerous other defensive players would miss games, our defense would end up ranked mid-20s, and that Cam would be our OC most of the season, would you have believed:

1) we would go 10-6?
2) we would win the division?

I think that our offense deserves some credit for keeping us in and even winning some games this year. I know it is our tradition to beat the crap out of the offense, but regardless of our low opinion of them, I think they've actually done a heck of a job. Yes, the o-line has been shaky, the receivers have had issues with getting open and hanging onto balls, Flacco has been inconsistent, and yet we won 10 games!

Maybe, for just a few moments, we can take time to say thanks for getting us back to the playoffs.

15fqib6.jpg

#2 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,827 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

Considering the amount of 3&outs our offense has been in and exhausting our defense.....i'd give kudos to our much maligned defense more than our offense.

Offense needs to step up and get better.

#3 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Amen!, to that, Mod 3!!

When we can out Week 1 and blew out Cincinnati, I got all excited that that was going to be our new offensive scheme. It wasn't long before it went pretty lackluster again, and I got worried.

We've been battled-tested this season and we're getting hot & healthy at the right time.

Put on your helmets and buckle up your chinstraps, we've got 5 more weeks of football left!!!

WE RAISE OUR HEAVY GLASS TO YOU IN OUR INDESTRUCTIBLE DAYS
login.png
MAY HEAVENS CALL TO YOU, MAY STARS ALIGN AND LIGHT YOUR WAY

#4 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,032 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

I've been trying to say this for a long time. The facts are.. The offense has been just as consistent or inconsistent as always. The defense, however has been bad all year. Injuries have taken their toll.

#5 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,090 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Considering the amount of 3&outs our offense has been in and exhausting our defense.....i'd give kudos to our much maligned defense more than our offense.

Defense can get themselves off the field simply by making a play. Stop blaming the offense for TOP issues. It's at least a shared responsibility. And, face it, our defense lost to Charlie Batch.
15fqib6.jpg

#6 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,032 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

The offense put up more points this season then it EVER has. That's positive! The defense has given up more rushing yards this season then EVER . A lot of the Ravens scoring has happened quick this year , this isn't mentioned..

If the defense is praised for its propensity for keeping others out of the endzone... Why isn't the offense praised for scoring as much as they have this year.

#7 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,668 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Defense can get themselves off the field simply by making a play. Stop blaming the offense for TOP issues. It's at least a shared responsibility. And, face it, our defense lost to Charlie Batch.

And, also shamefully, Kirk Cousins
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#8 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,489 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

I'm still getting used to the idea of our offense carrying the team... That just feels weird!

#9 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,827 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

What about the Broncos game :eyes:

#10 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,032 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

What about the Broncos game :eyes:

one half of a decent football game, similar to the same thing the offense is criticized for.

#11 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,827 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

I thank Ravens for taking us to playoffs for 5th straight year. It shows how relentless our teams are.

I might sound spoiled saying this, but playoff isnt really the big goal for us anymore. I want us to get to that superbowl finally. That is the only goal worth achieving.

#12 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

Hey, speaking of playoffs...

where's our homepage music video for the Wild-Card Round? Huh? Huh? Huh?

WE RAISE OUR HEAVY GLASS TO YOU IN OUR INDESTRUCTIBLE DAYS
login.png
MAY HEAVENS CALL TO YOU, MAY STARS ALIGN AND LIGHT YOUR WAY

#13 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,254 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

Hey, speaking of playoffs...

where's our homepage music video for the Wild-Card Round? Huh? Huh? Huh?

Yeah! What is this? Some sort of holiday or something? lol

I do love those videos they put out. They are always good!

Kudos to the offense who scored more points than ever before! I believe they also had one heck of a red zone proficiency. That might have changed with the losing streak though.

Either way, as inconsistent as they seemed to have played, they still managed to score more than any other season. Now, let's get it all together and smoke through the playoffs!

Joe flacco picked up a fumbled ball off the ground like he just dropped the newspaper on the sidewalk by accident and flung it across the street square into the neighbor's open mailbox while being attacked by pit bulls on steroids - a Panther's fan

#14 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

Just give me a few more weeks of Caldwell football. I still blame Cam's style of offense for our problems. I'd like to be able to say our vs. Giants offense was the Caldwell one and the vs. Denver one was still Cam's since there wasn't enough time to change things.

#15 BALTIMOREFLACCO

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,752 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

Amen, OP

23mn1x.jpg

Thank god I was born a Texas Longhorn

Whiskey Sour GM

#16 Blex64

Blex64

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Yeah! What is this? Some sort of holiday or something? lol

I do love those videos they put out. They are always good!

Kudos to the offense who scored more points than ever before! I believe they also had one heck of a red zone proficiency. That might have changed with the losing streak though.

Either way, as inconsistent as they seemed to have played, they still managed to score more than any other season. Now, let's get it all together and smoke through the playoffs!

I'm sure we'll get one!

#17 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

definitely tip my hat for the offense's effort and success this year although I expected more success out of our offense. I hope our offense will help us over the hump in the playoff since our defense should get healthy and better in the playoff....
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#18 Grendelwulf21

Grendelwulf21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

I feel a little spoiled too, I want to goto the SB! I'd go nuts, I'm hoping we're stirring up a nice pot of awesomeness on offense

#19 Dudeman

Dudeman

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

Offense...Defense...Special Teams...Time to praise the whole team!

We the fans, are not worthy!

Thanks for winning the division 2 years in a row.

Thanks for the BEST home record in the NFL the last 5 years.

Thanks for 5 straight YEARS of getting to the play-offs, and let's keep that streak of winning when we get to the play-offs as well.

Thanks for Flacco, Love him or Hate him he is a GOOD person.

Just thanks for everything Ravens, especially for just being a stand-up team all around.

NOW lets go kick some Colts tail in the play-offs!!

Edited by Dudeman, 01 January 2013 - 09:48 PM.

603060_10151508899441059_1219667063_n.jp

#20 jaege

jaege

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

I thank Ravens for taking us to playoffs for 5th straight year. It shows how relentless our teams are.

I might sound spoiled saying this, but playoff isnt really the big goal for us anymore. I want us to get to that superbowl finally. That is the only goal worth achieving.

While I agree in theory, it is still nice making it to the [ profanity deleted] for a fifth straight year. Maybe it isn't as good as six rings (puuuuke) but I got a T-shirt.

Edited by jaege, 01 January 2013 - 09:52 PM.

It's so nice to be insane...

CAM GOT FIRED!!!!!

Joe Cool is the MAN!!!

Ravens

World Champions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users