Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moderator 3

Time to give the offense some kudos?

27 posts in this topic

If I told you in August that Suggs and Lewis would never take a snap together, that Ngata would play hurt all year, that Webb would go down right off the bat, that numerous other defensive players would miss games, our defense would end up ranked mid-20s, and that Cam would be our OC most of the season, would you have believed:

1) we would go 10-6?
2) we would win the division?

I think that our offense deserves some credit for keeping us in and even winning some games this year. I know it is our tradition to beat the crap out of the offense, but regardless of our low opinion of them, I think they've actually done a heck of a job. Yes, the o-line has been shaky, the receivers have had issues with getting open and hanging onto balls, Flacco has been inconsistent, and yet we won 10 games!

Maybe, for just a few moments, we can take time to say thanks for getting us back to the playoffs.

Considering the amount of 3&outs our offense has been in and exhausting our defense.....i'd give kudos to our much maligned defense more than our offense.

Offense needs to step up and get better.

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Amen!, to that, Mod 3!![/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]When we can out Week 1 and blew out Cincinnati, I got all excited that that was going to be our new offensive scheme. It wasn't long before it went pretty lackluster again, and I got worried.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]We've been battled-tested this season and we're getting hot & healthy at the right time.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Put on your helmets and buckle up your chinstraps, we've got 5 more weeks of football left!!![/i][/font]

I've been trying to say this for a long time. The facts are.. The offense has been just as consistent or inconsistent as always. The defense, however has been bad all year. Injuries have taken their toll.

[quote name='Ravenseconbeast' timestamp='1357088209' post='1286246']
Considering the amount of 3&outs our offense has been in and exhausting our defense.....i'd give kudos to our much maligned defense more than our offense.

[/quote]

Defense can get themselves off the field simply by making a play. Stop blaming the offense for TOP issues. It's at least a shared responsibility. And, face it, our defense lost to Charlie Batch.

[quote name='Ravenseconbeast' timestamp='1357088209' post='1286246']

[/quote]

The offense put up more points this season then it EVER has. That's positive! The defense has given up more rushing yards this season then EVER . A lot of the Ravens scoring has happened quick this year , this isn't mentioned..

If the defense is praised for its propensity for keeping others out of the endzone... Why isn't the offense praised for scoring as much as they have this year.

[quote name='Moderator 3' timestamp='1357088480' post='1286253']
Defense can get themselves off the field simply by making a play. Stop blaming the offense for TOP issues. It's at least a shared responsibility. And, face it, our defense lost to Charlie Batch.
[/quote]

And, also shamefully, Kirk Cousins

[quote name='Moderator 3' timestamp='1357088480' post='1286253']
[/quote]

What about the Broncos game :eyes:

[quote name='Ravenseconbeast' timestamp='1357088759' post='1286261']

What about the Broncos game :eyes:
[/quote]

one half of a decent football game, similar to the same thing the offense is criticized for.

I thank Ravens for taking us to playoffs for 5th straight year. It shows how relentless our teams are.

I might sound spoiled saying this, but playoff isnt really the big goal for us anymore. I want us to get to that superbowl finally. That is the only goal worth achieving.

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Hey, speaking of playoffs...[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]where's our homepage music video for the Wild-Card Round? Huh? Huh? Huh?[/i][/font]

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1357089359' post='1286278']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Hey, speaking of playoffs...[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]where's our homepage music video for the Wild-Card Round? Huh? Huh? Huh?[/i][/font]
[/quote]

Yeah! What is this? Some sort of holiday or something? lol

I do love those videos they put out. They are always good!

Kudos to the offense who scored more points than ever before! I believe they also had one heck of a red zone proficiency. That might have changed with the losing streak though.

Either way, as inconsistent as they seemed to have played, they still managed to score more than any other season. Now, let's get it all together and smoke through the playoffs!

Just give me a few more weeks of Caldwell football. I still blame Cam's style of offense for our problems. I'd like to be able to say our vs. Giants offense was the Caldwell one and the vs. Denver one was still Cam's since there wasn't enough time to change things.

[quote name='ravensdfan' timestamp='1357089883' post='1286283']
Yeah! What is this? Some sort of holiday or something? lol

I do love those videos they put out. They are always good!

Kudos to the offense who scored more points than ever before! I believe they also had one heck of a red zone proficiency. That might have changed with the losing streak though.

Either way, as inconsistent as they seemed to have played, they still managed to score more than any other season. Now, let's get it all together and smoke through the playoffs!
[/quote]

I'm sure we'll get one!

definitely tip my hat for the offense's effort and success this year although I expected more success out of our offense. I hope our offense will help us over the hump in the playoff since our defense should get healthy and better in the playoff....

Offense...Defense...Special Teams...Time to praise the whole team!

We the fans, are not worthy!

Thanks for winning the division 2 years in a row.

Thanks for the BEST home record in the NFL the last 5 years.

Thanks for 5 straight YEARS of getting to the play-offs, and let's keep that streak of winning when we get to the play-offs as well.

Thanks for Flacco, Love him or Hate him he is a GOOD person.

Just thanks for everything Ravens, especially for just being a stand-up team all around.

NOW lets go kick some Colts tail in the play-offs!!

[quote name='Ravenseconbeast' timestamp='1357088934' post='1286264']
I thank Ravens for taking us to playoffs for 5th straight year. It shows how relentless our teams are.

I might sound spoiled saying this,[b] but playoff isnt really the big goal for us anymore. [/b] I want us to get to that superbowl finally. That is the only goal worth achieving.
[/quote]

While I agree in theory, it is still nice making it to the POs for a fifth straight year. Maybe it isn't as good as six rings (puuuuke) but I got a T-shirt.

[quote name='Dudeman' timestamp='1357094865' post='1286341']

Thanks for 5 straight YEARS of getting to the play-offs, and let's keep that streak of winning when we get to the play-offs as well.

Just thanks for everything Ravens, especially for just being a stand-up team all around.

[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][b]Over the line!!! Mark it zero!!![/b][/font]

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1357088300' post='1286250']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Amen!, to that, Mod 3!![/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]When we can out Week 1 and blew out Cincinnati, I got all excited that that was going to be our new offensive scheme. It wasn't long before it went pretty lackluster again, and I got worried.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]We've been battled-tested this season and we're getting hot & healthy at the right time.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Put on your helmets and buckle up your chinstraps, we've got 5 more weeks of football left!!![/i][/font]
[/quote]

Reeds pick 6 is what blew that game open. I've liked the playcalling, just hope the offense can play like they did against the Giants throughout the playoffs. I think it will be helpful having played the Broncos if we have to see them again as well.

Regardless of all the hate Flacco gets, he's not a bad QB. When you look at some truly bad QBs, it's a blessing to have Joe. That being said with the defense being bend but not break in a lot of games and the offense doing just enough to get us wins, we've overcome so much adversity. And we still get hate from the media. No one sees us in the Super Bowl and to me it's very possible. Our team is getting healthier. Let's show what a healthy Ravens teams can do.

[quote name='Dudeman' timestamp='1357094865' post='1286341']

[/quote]

Ditto. Could not be said better.

I feel like the team as a whole deserves credit. I don't think you can really make a legitimate argument that the offense carried the defense. Both units were in the middle of the pack while the defense was obviously unhealthy. Players stepped up at different times and the team just made the plays they needed to win games even if it wasn't pretty lol. With that being said it's nice to know we don't need our typical elite defense to make the playoffs.

Thank you, Awholelottahaloti! It isn't rocket science. For all you statisticians and Flacco haters, in the 7 games we held our opponents to less than 20 points, we were 7-0. Conversely, when we scored 20 points or more we went 7-3. The Ravens outscored their opponents this year by a healthy margin 398 to 344 but the points allowed is over double the total points allowed in our Super Bowl year when we allowed 165 during the regular season. Joe's offense tallied 20 points or more in 10 games and undoubtedly would have tallied 20 points or more on Sunday if the team had not rested our key players. Inconsistent or not, the offense did its part. They averaged nearly 25 points per game. Given my standard of 20 points per game of offense, we should have gone undefeated. On the other side of the ball, we surrendered an average of 21.5 points per game. Using my standard of allowing fewer than 20 points per game, we could have lost every game but that's why statistics are for losers. As a whole, the team performed nobly considering the injury-ridden season.

The most disappointing aspect of this year has been the Baltimore fans. Instead of praising its team for sticking together thru thick and thin, it booed Joe Flacco and the team at the home game against Denver. While I realize that other fans may not be happy with their QBs, e.g., Tony Romo and Mark Sanchez, Joe Flacco led his team to the playoffs for the 5th year in a row --- the longest active streak of any team in the NFL. While I agree with the decision to rest some of our starters in the game against Cincy, do not think for a moment that the oraganization had Joe Flacco's interest at heart. He would have likely reached the 4,000 yard plateau in passing if he had stayed in the game and giventhat many of you Monday morning QBs have criticized Joe for his inconsistency I would have thought you would have wanted him to use the last game of the regular season to sharpen his skills. If were Joe, I would test the market and get the heck out of Baltimore. Maybe John Elway was right for not wanting to play here! It seemed that the offensive line's blocking schemes really improved once Joe left the game. It was as though they were doing all they could to help Tyrod succeed. I applaud that. I only wish that they were more CONSISTENT with their pass protection and blocking when Joe is in the game!

The "Next Man Up" philosophy experiment isn't working. We need more playmakers on both sides of the football. When Sam Koch has more tackles in the season than 15 or more of the other players that isn't a positive sign. Kudos to the entire team and especially the offense for carrying the team! On the other hand we were but a 4-4 team in the 2nd half and we lost 4 of our last 5 games. That does not bode well for the future, including the playoffs. It is time to start thinking about the future.

And get Coach Caldwell out of the booth where he can talk to Joe up close and personal. I'm not seeing the genius that helped Peyton get to the next level. I don't hear Tony Dungy singing Jim's praises either. Let's bring in a real OC who has experience at the Pro Level. I'm not excited about our current coaching staff and believe it needs a real shot in the arm. I see Ray Lewis and Ed Reed exhorting the troops more than the coaches. Its not time to panic but there are several alarming signs coming out of the Board Room in Charm City.

[quote name='frozen joe flacco fan' timestamp='1357140243' post='1286564']
The most disappointing aspect of this year has been the Baltimore fans. Instead of praising its team for sticking together thru thick and thin, it booed Joe Flacco and the team at the home game against Denver.
[/quote]

A few hundred boos at one home game is NOTHING to a QB, and doesn't reflect on an ENTIRE fan base. Please let's be realisitic here. Flacco knows Baltimore is a great city with outstanding fans that are extremely football saavy. So a few people boo a couple of times at a couple of games. This isn't anything like the Mark Sanchez situation of death threats on twitter...capice?

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1357098647' post='1286403']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][b]Over the line!!! Mark it zero!!![/b][/font]
[/quote]

Donny you're out of your element here!