Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Healthy Ravens Ready To Prove Potential

100 posts in this topic

Bernard Pollard said he’s excited to have the defense together for the first time.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Healthy-Ravens-Ready-To-Prove-Potential/85ce5eb6-9819-4556-8cd1-2f31c7a340a8]View the full article[/url]

This article has officially got me excited for the Playoffs...Lets prove all the doubters wrong and bring another Lombardi to this great city. Go Ravens

This article was encouraging! It was smart to rest starters on Sunday and we were still strong without them. It was good for Tyrod to get some play time as well. After all of the obstacles the Ravens have had to overcome this year,they still made the playoffs! I believe they will get a win on Sunday! Go Ravens!

I'm ready for a good game. Last week was a bummer of a game to watch.
Can't wait to get our 1st playoff win this year.

I know all the players are excited to all be fairly healthy but don't be a hero guys. Just do your jobs the way you know how and don't try to win the game all by yourself.
We got a lot of guys who will step up this weekend so no one has to be out of position, OK?

Ima say it now....i guarantee we lose this game if our rushing attempts as a team are under 30, no excuses... look at the patriots VS dolphins game, patriots had 36 passing attempts (all tom Brady) and 38 rushing attempts. They won 28-0 %u2026..go look at the Viking VS Packers game...Vikings had 35 rushing attempts(34 all A.P.) and

Ima say it now....we lose this game if our rushing attempts as a team are under 30, no excuses... look at the patriots VS dolphins game, patriots had 36 passing attempts (all tom Brady) and 38 rushing attempts. They won 28-0 %u2026..go look at the Viking VS Packers game...Vikings had 35 rushing attempts(34 all A.P.) and

The Ravens will come out firing and score early. The Colts will battle back with a few throws of their own. We will win the game with the running game and solid defense. A little pressure on Luck and he will overthrow. When he does, we will be there to pick the ball.

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, January 1, 2013 - Duplicate posts from another blog and all off topic · Report post

[quote name='Pharaoh' timestamp='1357068714' post='1285926']
Alright the ravens can go all the way but they need to play like a raven if they are going to do it
[/quote]
Ima say it now....we lose this game if our rushing attempts as a team are under 30, no excuses... look at the patriots VS dolphins game, patriots had 36 passing attempts (all tom Brady) and 38 rushing attempts. They won 28-0 …..go look at the Viking VS Packers game...Vikings had 35+ rushing attempts(34 all A.P.) and <35 passing attempts) Vikes win 37-34…. the redskins and cowboys game especially....RG3 had 18 passing attempts while the rushing had 40+ rushing attempts(A.Morris carried 33 of those for 200) they won cowboys 28-18…..Now to the flip side…. Dolphins passing attempts were 35 and rushing attempts were <20 …..The packers had 40 passing attempts (all Rodgers) and 15 rushing attempts….the cowboys had 35+ passing attempts and <25 (Demarco Murray had 17) rushing attempts…..all big games… all playoff teams with the exception of cowboys but in all reality this was a playoff game for them because the win, their alive for the super bowl …preferably I would chose to give rice 30 attempts and give pierce 20-25 for a total of 50+….look at teams who run it that much…. Usually they have very high success rate at winning… look at shanahan with the broncos when he got there with elway and brought Terrell Davis, he won back to back rings… He’s doing the same thing but with two rookies…rookie QB and Rookie RB…. And same goes for elway with manning and his running game with our ex raven backup Mcgahee with Moreno to compliment…don’t forget their top five defense the gets immense pressure on QB’s… we have all those tools but aren’t utilizing them enough and correctly… we need to play with a concept in mind that we got to keep it mixed up on defense and just push full throttle with our rushers… if not both why not all rb’s run and even some qb scrambling to dominate our opponent in aggressive fashion?

Also if you look at the ravens and broncos game we lost%u2026. Manning had 28 passing attempts while the rushers had 45 attempts%u2026.we had 40 pass attempts and

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, January 1, 2013 - Duplicate posts from another blog and all off topic · Report post

[quote name='CapoRocky' timestamp='1357068978' post='1285935']
The Ravens will come out firing and score early. The Colts will battle back with a few throws of their own. We will win the game with the running game and solid defense. A little pressure on Luck and he will overthrow. When he does, we will be there to pick the ball.
[/quote]
Also if you look at the ravens and broncos game we lost…. Manning had 28 passing attempts while the rushers had 45 attempts….we had 40 pass attempts and <20 rushing attempts…we got beat up on the on our own turf 34-17…. to make this point even sharper dan marino was a passing legend that never allowed more rushing attempts then passing attempts and where are his rings?

[b] The Marino mythology[/b]

Cold, Hard Football Facts for Oct 08, 2004

Myth: Marino had no running game.

Cold, Hard Football Facts: Marino joined Miami at a time when it had a reputation of being the best ground team in football. In fact, the year before Marino was drafted, the Dolphins made it all the way to the Super Bowl on the strength of a great running game and great defense.

In Marino's rookie year, 1983, the Dolphins racked up 2,150 yards on the ground. In 1984, Marino set single-season records with 48 touchdowns and 5,084 yards passing. The Dolphins still managed 1,918 rushing yards and averaged 4.0 yards per carry.

It would be disingenuous to say that the Dolphins were a great running team later in Marino's career. Of course, much of that can be attributed to too few rushing attempts and a misguided faith placed in Marino's arm.

But consider this: The New England Patriots went 17-2 and won the Super Bowl last year while averaging a woeful 3.4 yards per rushing attempt. The Dolphins averaged more than 3.4 yards per rushing attempt 14 times in Marino's 17 seasons. In other words, Marino's Dolphins ran the ball more than well enough to win Super Bowls.

Only 2 starters on defense suited up the entire season? Wow...

The Ravens really are a special team. I don't think there is another team in the NFL that could have made the playoffs fighting through this many injuries.

eh..were still missing Ladarius Webb (our top, if not top 2) defender. He was the primary reason for a lot of the turnovers we had last season. Missing that guy.

ravens 35 passing attempts, 50 rushing attempts....ravens win giants 33-14.....giants on the flip side had 25 passing attempts and 15 rushing attempts...running the ball will let us run away with super bowl trophy in our hands...

This is one game where we can't afford to fall behind. If we can take an early lead and dominate TOP like we did against the Giants, then we'll force Luck to air it out every play and give our pass rush and secondary a field day. If we fall behind, then Rice and the play action go away and Joe has to throw every play, and we won't win like that.

im hoping they have a great week of practice and take it to them at the bank. i want this to be a statement game

I know we're getting players back, but I hope they're really healthy. Hopefully Suggs can regain form.

What a good story this can b a season of promise filled with injury offensive and defensive struggles and thru all we won the division we are healthy at the right time our defense is playing well but there is still a question mark with our offense i belive the will turn it around here we go on our next super bowl run i love this feeling the ravens give us every year!