64 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,796 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

The chance to exact revenge on the Irsay family is no longer a top priority when facing Indy.

View the full article

#2 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,130 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

Yes the Holy War has ended pretty much. The principle remains though. Our scoreboard should NEVER read Colts. Your article should not refer to them as Colts, especially so many times. They should always and forever remain Indy. Why? Because it isn't only about Irsay. It isn't only about the snowy midnight sneak of the Mayflower vans. It is about an attitude within the NFL itself that still prevails. One only has to have experienced the shunning of Art Modell from the HOF to know that. We are the red headed step child. We dared to stare down the Commish who thought we should "build a museum". We were to quietly switch our loyalty (and our TV market share) to Washington and move along. Instead, we "stole" the Browns. Read anything and you'll know. Irsay "moved" the Baltimore Colts and Baltimore "stole" the Browns. You're right though about the Holy War. This Sunday let's beat that club from Indy, not because of all that went before, but because of all that lies ahead.

#3 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,452 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

Well, Mr. Eisenberg, unless you were here during those glory days, loved and shed hope with ou BALTIMORE COLTS at Memorial Stadium, and suffered their loss in the middle of the night, then you're in no position to make that call!

I'm a "spurned lover",... who, in 1963, played in a Pop Warner 12-14 Year Old football game during Halftime of a Baltimore Colt vs Detroit game!

I can't stand to see our beloved horseshoe now in Indy! So, I'll take a victory over the "Mayflowers" any day!

Edited by Mystigo_Dragon, 01 January 2013 - 11:15 AM.

#4 J.Flacco#5

J.Flacco#5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

Lets go Baltimore Power, and as far as I'm concerned we still have the spirit of Jonny UNITAS!!

#5 Cuse92

Cuse92

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

Brilliantly stated 'ravensdfan'!

#6 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

speak for yourself john I have had to endure years of watching the redskins because the colts left town then i found the ravens .

#7 Guest_GoldRaven_*

Guest_GoldRaven_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

Bob Irsay is a bad person enough said! Hope he burns in hell!

May bad karma be spread upon the Irsay family!

#8 SalisburyRavenFan

SalisburyRavenFan

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

I grew up with the Baltimore Colts and was crushed when they left. Now I am all in with the Ravens as I could never root for that team in Washington. I am over the fact that the Colts moved to Indy after all these years.

Keep this in mind: The Colts have now been in Indy almost as long as the Colts were in Baltimore. Time to move on.

#9 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

im expecting a "holy blowout" at the bank

#10 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,067 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

Not sure I agree - just look at my avatar and you'll get an idea why.

The franchise itself, operated by the Irsay family, was garbage at the time they left and remained garbage for another 20 years. The loss of the franchise was not the true loss ...

We will forever have to deal with the loss of our history. That can never be regained and that loss will remain a source of serious irritation for anyone who witnessed this team in its glory days before the Irsay family bought it and turned it into crap.

Edited by balfan23, 01 January 2013 - 11:51 AM.

#11 whobilly

whobilly

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

Agree. There's no future in dragging up the past. I'll be more then happy to call them the Colts. RAVENS 34 COLTS 13 !

#12 MsMarvel73

MsMarvel73

BSHU cheerleader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,631 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

I saw a piece of clothing in the Walmart out here that really made me angry.

Was a sweatshirt that listed the Indianapolis Colts' TWO Super Bowl victories. I wanted to take all those sweatshirts and shred them. I looked at my fiance and snarled quietly, "The INDIANAPOLIS Colts DID NOT win Super Bowl V. The BALTIMORE Colts won Super Bowl V!!!!"

And people tell me to "get over it." Never.

CableandDeadpool_zpsb3c012fd.jpg

#13 JacktheRaven

JacktheRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

Good article John. Yes, I was part of The Colts when they left, but I've moved on. Balt. & our fans are much better off with The Ravens and their owner than we ever woulda been with the colts.

#14 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,067 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

I saw a piece of clothing in the Walmart out here that really made me angry.

Was a sweatshirt that listed the Indianapolis Colts' TWO Super Bowl victories. I wanted to take all those sweatshirts and shred them. I looked at my fiance and snarled quietly, "The INDIANAPOLIS Colts DID NOT win Super Bowl V. The BALTIMORE Colts won Super Bowl V!!!!"

And people tell me to "get over it." Never.

Exactly. This speaks to the loss of our history, that I talked about in my previous post. That has been taken away forever and that loss is not to be taken lightly.

Of course, to ravensdfan's point, it is not the fault of the city of Indianapolis. The blame for this lies with the league itself. "Build a museum" ... wow, how could I have forgotten that quote. It speaks volumes on how we are viewed by the league.

25p4y07.jpg

#15 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,067 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

While my previous posts have spoken to a continued harboring of resentment that will not be forgotten, I do understand the sentiment by those who believe we should move on. No doubt, we are fortunate to have such a quality franchise representing Baltimore.

Despite the pain that will always be there regarding the loss of our past, it is true that the current focus needs to be about building a new history for Baltimore football.

#16 Corvus

Corvus

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,456 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

I agree with Eisenberg for the most part on this. Now John, if you could just convince the hatemongerers in the Cleveland media to stop blocking Art Modell from the HOF using the same logic, we'll be set.

#17 BigZee

BigZee

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

colts are real old news in baltimore now. Love the Ravens. What other team will get you SB in 1st couple years.i can name about million things what colts don't have and we got it.How about Ray Lewis for the starter. how abt you guys tell me wht u think.LET'S GO RAVENS TIME TO WRITE HISTORY!

#18 Guest_GoldRaven_*

Guest_GoldRaven_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

Here is the big Baltimore question:

Would you rather have Peyton Manning on your team or Ray Lewis?

I'm inching toward Peyton Manning. He never misses a game!

#19 12thmandynasty

12thmandynasty

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

@ Gold Raven He missed a whole season last yr.

#20 djdave1984

djdave1984

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

@ Corvus-- I agree. But the difference is Baltimore got a winning team in exchange with colts and Cleveland is stuck with Brownies!!! So they have nothing to cheer for besides looking at us and feeling jealous :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users