Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ravens Never One-And-Done In Playoffs Under John Harbaugh

56 posts in this topic

The Ravens have won a playoff game each year under Head Coach John Harbaugh.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Never-One-And-Done-In-Playoffs-Under-John-Harbaugh/958b53f6-b9c8-4b42-8175-0b41971cde12]View the full article[/url]

Dang.

Shhhhhh! don't jinx us you know?

Every time I am watching us play and the announcers talk about something good we've done it jinxes us. One time they talked about our red zone defense, how long it had been since a TD was allowed. Next play, yep, opposing team scored a TD. Stuff like that. So...shhhhhhh!

agree with ravensdfan, too, let us fly under the radar, dont mention the ravens, let them talk Pats vs. Broncos AFCC all they want, they will suprised come FEB.

Hopefully the fact that the Colts are really young and they just came off a really emotional game with Paggano being there and all plus all the hype that goes with the playoffs will blurr their focus while ours will be razor sharp.

I like where we are now, we rested our starters on sunday so its like we coming off a bye week, we are getting healthier. Ravens win this game by atleast 14. A lot of people like Dungy saying we should of went for the 3 seed, ravens wanted to play indy? You know what dungy shut the (BEEP) UP trying to give more motivation to his old team. Didnt he rest his players instead of going for a perfect season? That guy makes me sick was overrated as a coach. Ravens will prove this week why we rested our players when the game is over by the 4th GO GET THEM RAVENS

Glad that history is on our side, but its meaningless. Just because we've won at least 1 playoff game a year under Harbs doesnt guarantee anything. We still have to go out there and play and 1 playoff win doesnt cut it anymore. Well just be the AFC version of the Eagles if we cant ever make it to the Big Show.

Yeah, the Ravens reached the playoffs each season under Harbaugh, and they always won at least one game there.

About the only two streaks the Ravens haven't yet broken the last one and a half months...

The first one goes on. As for the second one...

We'll see. One certainly hopes so.

bio

No, with the talent on this team, one playoff win will not and does not cut it! Every team has a window, this is our last chance for another couple years. After this we rebuild the defense and OLine

Ya, Ya, Ya,
Never say "never". We've done that a couple times this year and it bit us in the butt!
There are NO guarantees so everyone be on their toes and beat your man and we'll be fine.
We should rock them this weekend if everyone is on point.

That is an amazing streak but we had other amazing streaks that were broken this year right after people started talking about them ie: undefeated at home then we lose to Pittsburg at home, or not losing back to back games sence 2009 then we lose three games in a row.... With that said lets not talk about our streaks and show on the field why the ravens have those streaks in place.

[quote name='sami' timestamp='1357064618' post='1285853']
Hopefully the fact that the Colts are really young and they just came off a really emotional game with Paggano being there and all plus all the hype that goes with the playoffs will blurr their focus while ours will be razor sharp.
[/quote]

The Colts haven't been especially successful against winning record teams. they played 6 such teams and finished 3-3. All 3 wins came at home, so they're winless against winning record terams on the road this season. Also, it's gonna be the first playoff game for their QB - and we all know it's a mountain.

Also, we don't really know how good the colts are with Pagano at the helm. He was did the HC job for 4 games and the Colts finished those games 2-2. Most of those games were at the beginning of the season, of course, so its not totally fair - but the point still stands: we just don't really know how good a team the Colts under Pagano is.

bio

I agree Ravensdfan. Let the talking heads keep talking. They are like our 12th man on the field. Everytime they talk us down, we come out swinging. I only get nervous when they say we are going to win!

At least AFC Championship's..Would be nice.. It's starting to feel like 2000 all over again..
I would not be shocked at all...!!!

Welp, thanks for bringing up another streak to break just when I thought we'd ruined them all. I'll be at the game....hopefully the 12th man makes a difference.

jfarley1961=== i agree with you 100% ...Talk us down and we will Win... Talk us up and it seems we lose, like a jinx, man"lol"!!!

"I feel great about where we are at," he said. "I'm very excited about our team right now. I like us a lot. [u][i][b]I've liked us all year."[/b][/i][/u]

^ i haven't! we haven't played well all year. now is the time to do so!

~Mili

keep the attention on everyone else and the ravens will steal the spot light. time to take it all the way this could be the last time for ray lewis he deserves a shot at another title..(quote the raven never more!!!!!!!!!!!)

It is funny how so many on national message boards will say things like, "The Ravens will be one and done again this year"... when it has never happened. I'm not sure if those people are just stupid and think one and done means you win one game and then your done the next ... or if just having so many pi$$burgh fans saying that we always choke in the playoffs causes those who don't pay enough attention to believe that means we lose the opener year after year.

I agree and hope all the experts keep picking against us and making us underdogs. This team is best when they feel disrespected

Garrett you really need to stop coming up with these headlines like it is prophecy man! What has happened in the past has absolutely no bearing on what happens this weekend. I don't want anything jinxed is all.

We are in the playoffs and each game stands on its own. I remember we having won 14 or 15 games straight at M&T till we lost to Charlie Batch!!! What did that streak mean - nothing! So let us not talk about streaks and instead focus on what we need to do right to beat the Colts period...

Well, so far we are getting a bit of respect from the oddsmakers. We are currently 6.5 point favorites. I have a feeling it may go down a bit before gametime.

The reality is that this is a better team than some of the teams we've lost to. Luck is better than Batch...and I drove five hours to go to that game only to lose to an over-the-hill backup. Ok, this happens even to good teams. We also found ourselves an very grateful 9-2 team cause of the WAY we won. Objectively, this game could go either way. They will be running high on emotion, we need to scream our heads off. Joe needs to keep our defense OFF the field, and yes that is his, and only his job. No more blaming Cam, or Caldwell, or anyone else. Flacco has to do this, and that's how it is.

This is a fine Ravens team with a much better chance than some of the analysts are giving it. The injuries should have made the season a nightmare but didn't. I'm giving John Harbaugh a ton of credit for getting here. Make this our third 4 game winning streak of the year

We can easily beat the colts and have shown recently the Patriots don't scare us and we have trounced them there before in their house. We played Denver toe to toe and if not for a couple plays that if they had gone differently could have spelled a different ending. A trip to the Super Bowl is not impossible as a matter of fact, the ducks are lining up nicely. Let everyone overlook us, we have always played hard as the underdog.

I don't think playoff experience is a real factor. It's just another game with more meaningful implications. The players prepare for it the same way, they just try to play with a little more spring in their step.

You forgot the other half of that streak, not makin it to the Superbowl after any of those wins. Should we still be psyched about winnin the first playoff game? Only streak I wanna see is 4 W's!

isn't this just a great time to be alive!!??! with the holidays now over, its time to get back to work, and then watch playoff football all weekend!!! no kidding when it came out the ravens got one of the hardest schedules. Now even in the playoffs they get the #1 draft pick/rookie of the year candidate QB, with the team that has been playing great and in the first round. But they still have to come into baltimore!!!

after the last couple years, you expect the ravens to be here this time of year...just appreciate that they are..and get ready to watch the fireworks.

I'm really tired of commentators and journalists spouting off statistics, especially this season. every time they say the Ravens have or have not done X thing, it happens. statistics mean nothing. The only thing that matters is the next game up, and nothing that the Ravens did 2 or 3 years ago is going to change the outcome. so this Sunday, put on your purple and black, get loud, and let's all hope for the best.

Honestly what coach doesn't like his team,although there is some truth to much of what he is saying,especially the part of overcoming adversity the Ravens have shown a resiliency and self confidence few teams in the league boost.The 'Next Man UP' mantra the team holds to could not have been more on display then it has this season, but once again the Ravens met the challenge of playing without their best by playing with the many... a whole gang of players stepped up this year and by doing so whether it was by design and/or necessity,Harbaugh got to know a little bit more about his team,if he could just settle on his offensive line,this will be one of his best coaching jobs Oh and his best coaching decision[if it was his decision?] was the one about Cam!

[quote name='wrm#1' timestamp='1357111967' post='1286479']Oh and his best coaching decision[if it was his decision?] was the one about Cam![/quote]

Yeah. That was about as good a decision as seeing your christmas tree catch fire but calling the fire brigade only when the whole house is already on fire...

bio

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1357071736' post='1285978']
"I feel great about where we are at," he said. "I'm very excited about our team right now. I like us a lot. [u][i][b]I've liked us all year."[/b][/i][/u]

^ i haven't! we haven't played well all year. now is the time to do so!

~Mili
[/quote]

Yeah, it depends on how he meant it. If he meant it the "they sucked a couple of times, but I still liked them like my sons" way then it's understood. However, if he meant it the "I liked what i saw all season long" way then it's BS. There was nothing really to like about our performance at some games, like the Chiefs- or the Texans-game, for example. and not much v the Broncos either - but at least there was the "brand new OC" card to play there - and really, it was the O that did especially poorly there (minus Pitta).

bio

The colts are favorite to beat the Ravens,how you like that,I hope to GOD this teams ready cause there's no tomorrow if we lose and we never been one and done in the 1st game.We having everybody back and healthy so that should help us

Has everyone in this country gone insane? I am not looking past Indy and think it will be a hard fought game but while all other AFC playoff teams were in the playoffs last year and thus had a tough schedule this year. Indy is the ONLY team in the playoffs that had the absolute easiest schedule this year. They finished in LAST place last year. They have lost every game against good teams this year except the HOU game last weekend.
Why is no one else discussing this?

yeah well we were also 15-0 at home, we also never lost 2 in row under Harbs and we also never lost 3 in row under Harbs, we never lost to the Redskins and Denver had never beaten us at home....all of those "nevers" don't mean anything now cause apparently there is always a first for everything as this season has shown - maybe they got it all out of their system and the Giants game was just a taste of things to come in the playoff's...

GO RAVENS!!!!

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1357123567' post='1286498']
Yeah. That was about as good a decision as seeing your christmas tree catch fire but calling the fire brigade only when the whole house is already on fire...

bio
[/quote]

I agree, should have been done at the end of last year but as everyone was saying - he took us to the AFC Championship game, playoff's the last 4 years AND we were winning games - everyone was thumping their chests cause we were 8-1 blah blah blah - but that was not Harbs decision, it came from ownership and the GM - with Flacco looking for his payday management had to remove all doubt of whether it was Cam holding back Joe, or was it Joe being Joe. Now, that Cam is gone the whole thing is on Joe, can he deliver? Can he put this team on his back and get to the big dance? If not, management has their out for not giving him top 5 QB dollars instead he will get top 15 QB dollars...

Lets hope the title to this blog is NOT the game plan for Sunday. It sure seems like the team has been relying on all this " never happened twice in a row" crap for the entire season!

[quote name='crabby' timestamp='1357136765' post='1286525']
Has everyone in this country gone insane? I am not looking past Indy and think it will be a hard fought game but while all other AFC playoff teams were in the playoffs last year and thus had a tough schedule this year. Indy is the ONLY team in the playoffs that had the absolute easiest schedule this year. They finished in LAST place last year. They have lost every game against good teams this year except the HOU game last weekend.
Why is no one else discussing this?
[/quote] don't forget New England always has a easy schedule but that's only because 6 of their games are always against teams that can't match up

Reading useless facts such as the one in this article is about as enlightening to the match up this weekend as the media pundits screaming about how Baltimore lost four of the last five games.

[quote name='ravensdfan' timestamp='1357054714' post='1285689']
Dang.

Shhhhhh! don't jinx us you know?

Every time I am watching us play and the announcers talk about something good we've done it jinxes us. One time they talked about our red zone defense, how long it had been since a TD was allowed. Next play, yep, opposing team scored a TD. Stuff like that. So...shhhhhhh!
[/quote]

I swear, Baltimore fans are hilarious! We complain if we don't think the team gets enough respect, and we complain if they do get respect, because by golly, that might jinx us...smh

Right now, if you go to http://www.baltimoreravens.com without flash, you won't be able to access the site.

The Skip video button is inside flash. Who is the genius who thought that would be a good idea?