50 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,058 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

The Ravens have won a playoff game each year under Head Coach John Harbaugh.

View the full article

#2 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,742 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

Dang.

Shhhhhh! don't jinx us you know?

Every time I am watching us play and the announcers talk about something good we've done it jinxes us. One time they talked about our red zone defense, how long it had been since a TD was allowed. Next play, yep, opposing team scored a TD. Stuff like that. So...shhhhhhh!

#3 omar586

omar586

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

agree with ravensdfan, too, let us fly under the radar, dont mention the ravens, let them talk Pats vs. Broncos AFCC all they want, they will suprised come FEB.

#4 scraaw

scraaw

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

yeah garrett - don't be doing that jinx stuff or we'll know who to hold accountable

#5 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,638 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

:-O

All I'm sayin',...

#6 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

Hopefully the fact that the Colts are really young and they just came off a really emotional game with Paggano being there and all plus all the hype that goes with the playoffs will blurr their focus while ours will be razor sharp.

#7 ravensrock89

ravensrock89

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

I like where we are now, we rested our starters on sunday so its like we coming off a bye week, we are getting healthier. Ravens win this game by atleast 14. A lot of people like Dungy saying we should of went for the 3 seed, ravens wanted to play indy? You know what dungy shut the (BEEP) UP trying to give more motivation to his old team. Didnt he rest his players instead of going for a perfect season? That guy makes me sick was overrated as a coach. Ravens will prove this week why we rested our players when the game is over by the 4th GO GET THEM RAVENS

#8 dino1340

dino1340

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

i think we are ready to go on a winning streak and shut up the talking heads

#9 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,678 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

blow them out!!

#10 TheEz88

TheEz88

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

Glad that history is on our side, but its meaningless. Just because we've won at least 1 playoff game a year under Harbs doesnt guarantee anything. We still have to go out there and play and 1 playoff win doesnt cut it anymore. Well just be the AFC version of the Eagles if we cant ever make it to the Big Show.

#11 Bernie Mc1953

Bernie Mc1953

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

Believe me or or not John is a one word person a WINNER.

#12 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

Yeah, the Ravens reached the playoffs each season under Harbaugh, and they always won at least one game there.

About the only two streaks the Ravens haven't yet broken the last one and a half months...

The first one goes on. As for the second one...

We'll see. One certainly hopes so.

bio

#13 whobilly

whobilly

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

All coaches are eventually measured on winning "Thee" game. Hope to see you in New Orleans!

#14 The Voice

The Voice

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

No, with the talent on this team, one playoff win will not and does not cut it! Every team has a window, this is our last chance for another couple years. After this we rebuild the defense and OLine

#15 KidNme

KidNme

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

Ya, Ya, Ya,
Never say "never". We've done that a couple times this year and it bit us in the butt!
There are NO guarantees so everyone be on their toes and beat your man and we'll be fine.
We should rock them this weekend if everyone is on point.

#16 Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

That is an amazing streak but we had other amazing streaks that were broken this year right after people started talking about them ie: undefeated at home then we lose to Pittsburg at home, or not losing back to back games sence 2009 then we lose three games in a row.... With that said lets not talk about our streaks and show on the field why the ravens have those streaks in place.

#17 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Hopefully the fact that the Colts are really young and they just came off a really emotional game with Paggano being there and all plus all the hype that goes with the playoffs will blurr their focus while ours will be razor sharp.

The Colts haven't been especially successful against winning record teams. they played 6 such teams and finished 3-3. All 3 wins came at home, so they're winless against winning record terams on the road this season. Also, it's gonna be the first playoff game for their QB - and we all know it's a mountain.

Also, we don't really know how good the colts are with Pagano at the helm. He was did the HC job for 4 games and the Colts finished those games 2-2. Most of those games were at the beginning of the season, of course, so its not totally fair - but the point still stands: we just don't really know how good a team the Colts under Pagano is.

bio

#18 jfarley1961@gmail.com

jfarley1961@gmail.com

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

I agree Ravensdfan. Let the talking heads keep talking. They are like our 12th man on the field. Everytime they talk us down, we come out swinging. I only get nervous when they say we are going to win!

#19 TheRavenNest

TheRavenNest

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

At least AFC Championship's..Would be nice.. It's starting to feel like 2000 all over again..
I would not be shocked at all...!!!

#20 Dfence4champs2052

Dfence4champs2052

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

Welp, thanks for bringing up another streak to break just when I thought we'd ruined them all. I'll be at the game....hopefully the 12th man makes a difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users