Ravens at Saints      Pro Bowl Ballot      Game Rewind   

Photo

[News] Late For Work 1/1: Ravens Interested In Any 'Black Monday' Coaches?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,796 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

Pagano said Ravens insider knowledge an ‘advantage.’ Did Ravens purposely draw Colts?

View the full article

#2 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,452 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

It's interesting situation! Do we stick with Jim Caldweld or not while Turner and Gailey are available?

Norv Turner or Chan Gaily, proven guys, could be perfect fits as Oh-Coordinator for Joe E-Lite to get him to that heretofore elusive next level!

Yet, Jim Caldwell may well prove to be the answer to Joe's advancement after all. Tough decisions!!!

Edited by Mystigo_Dragon, 01 January 2013 - 10:09 AM.

#3 20306cab

20306cab

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

NO MORE PAGANO!!!

#4 Blackbird11

Blackbird11

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

@Mystigo_Dragon

Bro, you have to stop with that "Joe is elite" talk. I like Flacco, but he's only an above-average QB. He's not in the same tier as Brady or Manning, not that I'm knocking him for that. Joe is good for what we do, or at least what I want to do. That means handing the ball off to Ray Rice and working out of the shotgun and play action. Working with some new OC won't make Joe a complete stud QB.

He's more of a Matt Schaub in my eyes.

#5 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

Pagano is the enemy as far as I'm concerned.

#6 jravens13

jravens13

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

Lets see what these first year coaches can do in the playoffs before we're looking for anyone else.

#7 Mad Scientist Too

Mad Scientist Too

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

That argument about how much Chuck Pagano know about the Ravens defense and Bruce Arians knows about Dean Pees also works the other way around. The Ravens defense knows how Chuck Pagano's mind works and like wise Dean Pees know what a Bruce Arian offense looks like. Bottom line: I don't see familiarity being an advantage for either team.

#8 jravens13

jravens13

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

@wnst: Marshal Yanda on his status for the Indianapolis game: "I'm playing and I'm going to be going 100 percent on Sunday." #Ravens #NFL [Twitter]

GREAT NEWS.

#9 slowboater

slowboater

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

I liked Tony Dungy at Tampa Bay and he did a nice job in Indy. I suspect a lot of what he says is scripted as much now is counter-point to ESPN's controversy journalism. But he must feel awful at times taking his positions.... Who cares who you play in the second round? Everything goes through Denver and the Ravens were banged up. As a coach, Dungy had to know that.

As for Pags and his knowledge? I wish him the best...next year. I truly believe that his "ex" players want to show him what he left. Pride is important too. As Indy deliberately tried to lose to take the #1 pick and Pags health issues, some feel they are America's darling. The ride is over and the analysts will have to find someone new to gush over. Welcome back to Baltimore and enjoy your sobering flight back home as you plan your tee times.

#10 Popeye the sailor man

Popeye the sailor man

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

A coach is only as good as his players,If the players are lackadaisical and don't give their all then you can forget being a coach cause no matter how good you are ( the coach ) the teams going nowhere, same goes for the coordinators, I would like to see Andy Reid become an offensive coordinator for the Ravens,John and Andy worked well together many years ago when he was a Special Team coach for the Eagles,i know that's not going to happened cause Andy express his desire to be a head coach and Harbough going to be a head coach hopefully for a long long time

#11 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,263 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

If Caldwell strings together performances out of Flacco like the one we saw against the Giants in back-to-back playoff games, he officially has earned the right to stay, imho. Cam got fired, so the season is a success in my eyes anyway.

#12 lwebb21

lwebb21

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

Isn't it interesting that Pagano and Arians have an advantage going against Ravens, but, Caldwell has no advantage going against Colts? Another example of no love for the Purple and Black. Go Ravens!!!!!

#13 J.Flacco#5

J.Flacco#5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

I think if Jim comes out with a great game play and we do very well and get to the SB or lose a very close game (Like the AFC Champ. game) He will keep his job. By the way they must have forgot that CALDWELL was the HC for the (Indianapolis) Colts.

#14 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

Isn't it interesting that Pagano and Arians have an advantage going against Ravens, but, Caldwell has no advantage going against Colts? Another example of no love for the Purple and Black. Go Ravens!!!!!

They probably say that because there's some truth to it. When a new head coach comes in, there is a new scheme that is put into place. It's more than likely a completely different approach. When a coordinator leaves, the overall feel of the scheme of the unit (this case the defensive side, and even the offense to some extent) probably doesn't change all that much. So if you were talking about advantages, Pagano would have more of one than Caldwell would. But I think advantages like that are just talk. You still have to perform.

I'm a mama of three boys. Nothing scares or disgusts me anymore. 

#15 J.Flacco#5

J.Flacco#5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

Pagano is the enemy as far as I'm concerned.

I know, but I like the guy a lot with dealing with cancer and all that but you are right, NO MERCY!! Lets show them how be play RAVENS FOOTBALL!
Purple and Black... ...Lets attack!

#16 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

i expect the ravens to destroy the colts at m&t bank stadium in front of the best fans in football. i smell a ravens blowout

#17 roamingcharges

roamingcharges

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

John Harbaugh doesn't lose in the first round of the Playoffs and that trend is not ending this year. Not against a rookie HC and rookie QB. The spin doctors can spin this one any way they want to as far as "competitive edges" are concerned; bottom line is the Colts just don't have what it would take to beat the Ravens at The Bank in a playoff game-- not this year.

#18 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

harbs didnt lose this game on purpose so we could play the colts. he did the right thing of buying time for his injured players to get healthier for the playoffs.

#19 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,452 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

@Mystigo_Dragon

Bro, you have to stop with that "Joe is elite" talk. I like Flacco, but he's only an above-average QB. He's not in the same tier as Brady or Manning, not that I'm knocking him for that. Joe is good for what we do, or at least what I want to do. That means handing the ball off to Ray Rice and working out of the shotgun and play action. Working with some new OC won't make Joe a complete stud QB.

He's more of a Matt Schaub in my eyes.

I donno, Blackbird! Caldwell may very well fix Joe's cement feet and quicken his release now that Cam's not here, so who's to say he doesn't improve!

Agree he's got an above-average arm, but lacks something when it comes to picking apart a defense! That can be taught too!

So, besides an O Line, he needs some coaching up on mechanics, reads and release and someone who can call a game that makes sense and then we'll see if he becomes more consistent!

And, Joe E-Lite is my counter to Joe Cool, okay!

Edited by Mystigo_Dragon, 01 January 2013 - 11:24 AM.

Towels? We don't need no stinkin' towels!

#20 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,067 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

Do we not have an equal advantage having Caldwell on our side? A man who was the HC in Indy and was with the organization for years? Do we not also have some advantage given that we know Pagano himself and know what approach his defense will take?

Sorry - it is going to come down to execution anyway. If we play our game, Indy looses, strategic advantage or not.

Edited by balfan23, 01 January 2013 - 11:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users