Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] John Harbaugh: Stop The Shenanigans

32 posts in this topic

The Ravens have had a rash of personal foul penalties in recent weeks.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/John-Harbaugh-Stop-The-Shenanigans/f7b377b7-8255-47a8-98f4-781b11bdd2a6]View the full article[/url]

There is no excuse for penalties. When the play is over walk away. If the dude runs his mouth. Hit him hard DURING the play.

I agree!
Ravens don't play dirty and we shouldn't even be close on these unsportsman like calls.
Be aggressive but keep it clean guys. NFL yards are too hard to get to allow the other team to take them away from you like that.

Let the other guy get ticked off, we have a SB to win!

"[i]"Be smart enough to make sure the flag is thrown on the other guy. It's just that simple," Harbaugh said. "If we are a smart football team, that's what we'll do. I believe our guys are smart enough to figure that out. They better be."[/i]"

Well, coach, that's all you have to say about a piece of statistics that seems to disprove what you say quite clearly?

It's like we lose and you say our guys know how to win...

bio

I'm totally fine with Ray Rice's hit on that scum bag loser Burfict, in time VB will show his true character and everyone will know why we passed on him I say hit him every chance we get.

This sort of thing feeds on itself. The team gets a reputation for personal fouls and unsportsmanlike activity and opponents know this and will be sure to try and bait us. On top of that, refs start looking for it and when we play a team that doesn't have that reputation engages us in extracurricular activities, they will get the benefit of the doubt - we won't.

The second man always gets caught. It's a common playground rule you're taught as a child. I like Harbaugh's philosophy on that. Don't involve yourself in it, because the one who fights back is usually always the one who gets in trouble.

balfan has a valid point, ,,also, if Tyrod just had on Brady's jersey, he'd have gotten the horse-collar call. The real issue is that we are worst in the league in the penalty area....that's not playing smart, and that will kill us going forward.

The price of doing business, or, do we have the wrong philosophy? Last year was a major disappointment, as we were so close. I feel, this is the make it or break year. GO RAVENS!!!!

[quote name='Ravenseconbeast' timestamp='1357006205' post='1285472']
As always, its the same damned players with the penalties.
[/quote]
Ray Rice and Bobbie Williams? One hasn't seen the field for a whole game and the other is as close to perfect as you can get.

We're the new Raiders! And someone said they wanted Hue Jackson to be our new OC! Bully football, indeed.

i'm willing to bet burfict baited both players ray rice is always at the botom of a pile and never has this happened .

Too costly to commit these penalties, and Ed Reed better take notice of his hits on receivers, cause in many games this year, those 15 yard penalties have led to scores, Boldin, too. After we win the game, then you can look back at those guys on the other team that were bothering you and be glad we won.

Second in the league in penalties invites the ref's crosshairs. Common sense: make yourself a target (2nd in the league), you become a target.

Suddenly, they, the officials, start seeing everything - even the things that aren't there. "When in doubt, throw the flag! Let the greater powers sort it out later. But by all means, CYA (cover your arse)!"

Williams looked like Lebron James with that flop that was ridiculous but we need to clean it up penalties will hurt us in the race to the big dance

I'm frankly amazed at all the penalties this season. They have cost us a few games. We need to get back to being the smart football team that knows how to stay out of trouble, because obviously the officials and the NFL Commissioner are watching us.

All that being said??? I have watched as some players appear to be switching leagues... They're moving from the NFL to the NBA. I have seen so many "flops" this year to try and draw those flags it's pathetic. Even the Steelers have players falling and faking injuries because their team was out of time outs... That knee move wasn't that bad... It was there, but it wasn't that bad.

Maybe we need to stop some of the flopping.

They're giving it just as they get it,... but, they're getting caught at it!

They need to get "paybacks" with their pads!

Rice's back was to the play, he couldn't see and just kept the block going, at least that's how it looked to me. Bobbie Williams was really ticking me off in the game. Numerous penalties, bad penalties inside the 5 yard line with their backs to the endzone, then the personal foul. Bengals players got away with quite a bit of stuff, even when Ravens players weren't involved.

Those penalties were stupid on the refs part what did you want rice to do give him hugs and kisses and like so what he gave him a knee it barley scraped the surface of his body I have a great idea lets just put flags on the players and have no contact come on refs this a physical sport let them play let them fight that's why America fell in love with football in the first place was the violence

We may have been one of the most penalized teams, yet we get over it as just another adversity test and once again make the playoffs. This year however, it was not on the arms of the defense.