Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Eric DeCosta Staying In Baltimore

36 posts in this topic

The Ravens have been contacted by teams requesting to interview Assistant GM Eric DeCosta.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Eric-DeCosta-Staying-In-Baltimore/adaf37fc-52d1-4090-bebb-ba42f6de1a4d]View the full article[/url]

I really do feel for all the coaches that get fired every year. I know this much - every coach puts in an incredible amount of time and preparation and sacrifice so much for this game... more importantly their families sacrifice just as much in that their husbands, fathers, etc. are never home much. The insecurity of the NFL must be really taxing on all of them. But, I am glad the Ravens have so much stability and that must be a factor when we recruit! Go Ravens!

Owners are shuffling, arm-fighting, and mouth spitting, trying to get through DeCosta's door; unfortunately, the door is forever shut and sealed with high-tech concrete wall with thermal lance installed.....

AND SO IT STARTS AGAIN!!!
I hate this time of year when it comes to this stuff.
We lose so many good coaches every year.
I am glad they set Decosta up for life here. One less coach to worry about losing.

A number of GM's were shown the door today and its a good thing we have a GM in waiting. As much as we like to think " The Wizard of OZ" can do no wrong, just like players, there needs to be competition for positions.

Thanks Eric. For that fateful day that Ozzie retires I hope that we still have you around to take over the reigns.

Happy New Years everyone, stay safe.

To Eric,
This speaks volumes of how well this organization is being run. When a person in your position shows that he wants to stay in Baltimore, it means a lot to us fans. I wish you all the best and want you to know how much I appreciate all that you have done to improve this team.

Go Ravens and let's win some championships!!!!

Other teams see how the Ravens run things and want what we have because we win here and keep pushing though all the headaches and stick together as a organization.I'm glad we have the staff we have.Class A ORGANIZATION!

Yes, it is nice that Eric will be here when Oz leaves. Personally, I love post-season football... especially when the Ravens are playing.

[quote name='throwback2000' timestamp='1356998739' post='1285327']
A number of GM's were shown the door today and its a good thing we have a GM in waiting. As much as we like to think " The Wizard of OZ" can do no wrong, just like players, there needs to be competition for positions.
[/quote]

No.

Ozzie Haters:

You folks just make me laugh. It's not just about having an outstanding draft record (which is comprised from a staff effort, headed by Ozzie), but it's about key FA signings, key trades, and key Undrafted FA signings. It's about assembling the right coaches, timely extensions, and timely releases. Success!...Success!...Success!

He has headed the fielding of a record-breaking Super Bowl team, and a continuous presence in the post-season. He has led the way to surpassing our fiercest rival, and a domination of the division. He has GM'd this organization from perennial joke to elite-of-elite in class and talent. Even with this year's problems there is [i][b]no[/b][/i] team in the playoffs that [i][b]really[/b][/i] wants to face us.

The track record speaks for itself, no matter how much you try to rewrite the facts. Yet, you still [complain] and whine! You people[i][b] [/b][/i]really need to stop it! [i][b]Really!!![/b][/i]

if ozzie does not retire within 5 years i think eric will leave. he must know something we do not. plus seeing how phil savage and george kokinis didnt fair so well after leaving has played in decision as well

I'm glad that we made sure last year that DeCosta would stay where he belongs. Good solid move on our part and it will pay dividends for years to come.

He's Ozzie's heir-apparent and his loyalty will be rewarded someday and insure a GM continuation of excellence that will be apparent on Draft Day!

I am with you Ravens West. So many times when an article is posted we see the controversial comments come ranting out. No one could ask for a better GM than the one we have here in Baltimore. Where there are changes, there is ALWAYS a purpose. Ozzie has been nothing short of amazing when it has come to selection of players and coaches. We have had very few... VERY few unsuccessful in this organization... and maybe those that were??? Just weren't meant to be Ravens.

It's kind of like how Harbs said about how you love to see players come through the system as a coach, and "that's what you strive for." As players develop into something great, so do the staff. Experience and love for an organization breeds a healthy attitude, and a healthy attitudes breed happy, motivated people.

Being a playoff team year after year and a lot of those great things all spawn from this mentality of "growth in our own." It gives us playoff wins, and playoff wins draws in the best talent. It's a cycle, with each component making the wheel turn one more rotation every year.

Dear Eric DeCosta,

You are a geniuine human being and a model citizen. I now have the highest respect for you!

You are the next big GM for the next few decades. Most importanly you are loyal. And I can not say the same for 95% of the people that worked for the Ravens Organization especially the defensive coordinators that left (Rex Eyan, Mike Nolan, Marvin Lewis, and recently Chuck Pagano)

Thank you for staying becuase of you alone we are going to be a winning team for decades!

Thank you for turning down the interviews.

Finally thank you for your loyalty!

You will be rewarded not only in football but in society as well for being a model professional and citizen!

The Giants, Skins, Cowboys and Steelers are living on the glory of years gone by while the Ravens are confronted with a second rate status by both the NFL and the National Press. Just how many times is the NFL channel going to air the Skins/Cowboys game? I moved to Maryland from New England 36 years ago and I am proud to be a part of the quiet but determined way we go about our business. I cannot thank the Ravens organization enough for the pride they'v

Eric is the best but isn't here a clause in his contract as long as they pay him a certain amount he can't leave or something like that

I'm glad Eric is staying in Baltimore. He will do a good job being Ozzie's successor.

Not a popular thing to say around here, but, its DeCosta that has spotted most of the talent but Ozzie would always get the credit.