Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] John Harbaugh Mum On Ray Lewis

45 posts in this topic

The veteran linebacker could return to the field Sunday for the first time since Week 6.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/John-Harbaugh-Mum-On-Ray-Lewis/53af3bb4-2df6-48bb-8ae3-eb73e19d09df]View the full article[/url]

Since he was probably this week, doesn't logic dictate there's a huge chance he can play this week? Why would they activate him if he wasn't cleared?

Ray will play. Even if he's only 70%, I think he'll play. He knows the importance of this game, and if you don't get past this one, there won't be a next week anyways. So I think he'll play.

On a side note, after watching the conference, it must be a Harbaugh trait to wear the same clothes every day. Jim with the black shirt and khakis. Now John with the grey sweatshirt and black polo. ;D

If Ray is only 70% he shouldn't play. Our backers have been looking pretty good lately. We don't need to take a step backwards. He should only play if he gives us the best chance to win. I guess only the coaches and Ray will know when the time is right. Hope they make the right decision for the right reasons.

[quote name='jackrogers' timestamp='1356992304' post='1285245']
If Ray is only 70% he shouldn't play. Our backers have been looking pretty good lately. We don't need to take a step backwards. He should only play if he gives us the best chance to win. I guess only the coaches and Ray will know when the time is right. Hope they make the right decision for the right reasons.
[/quote]

But what if you knew, which obviously no one does..not even them..if having Ray Lewis in the ballgame would ultimately help you win the game. Even if he's at 60%-70%, wouldn't you put him in there? That's a hypothetical of course, because even a 100% Ray Lewis might not even help you win the game, but his presence would certainly help something.

If Ray Lewis was in his prime I would put him in at 50%. His leadership, experience, and heart means a lot but he doesn't have the athletic chops of the players that have replaced him. It is a tough decision.

I wouldn't play him unless he was at least 90% healthy, but I'm not the Coach. I just want the Ravens team that beat up on the Giants to show up for the next four games.

At %70 is better than the other linebackers.Don't get me wrong Ellerbe can be good learning from Ray & if he can stay healthy.In the Denver & Redskins games guys was out of position..With Ray there,he knows where everyone suppose to line up at.Playing against Brady & Manning,you're going to need guys to lineup correct.Maybe his physical have diminish but his knowledge never left.He will line you up,it's up to you to make the play.You'll have think twice coming across the middle..

One last hurrah for Mustafa, but then it's time to move on Ravens. Ray's not going to get any better and his salary is too huge for his diminishing production and increasing risk of injuries. Don't flame me for stating the truth fellow fans, I love RayLew just as much as the rest of you, but time waits for no man. Not even Ray.

Well, I want Ray Lewis to come back for the playoffs. I cannot wait to see how good we can be with Ray and Ellerbe at ILB, and Suggs and Kruger at OLB, with Ngata, Jones and McPhee on the inside....

Your all stating he hasnt physically effected the team before week 6, then who lead the team in tackles before he got injured, and he also put up 13 tackles a sack AND a forced fumble in our season opener...

I want to see Ray in the game. The General needs to be in there if the docs clear him. Perhaps rotating him in and out of plays to see how things go. Our linebacker core is getting healthy and Dannelle Ellerbe is a beast!!

I definately want to see Ray play this Sunday and through to the SB.
If he's cleared to play and has practiced solid all week then by all means, get him out there and let Ellerby just spell him off and on.

This is Ray's year and he HAS to go to the SB to finish his career.
You can't hold him out of it, regardless of whether or not you think a younger player can run faster and jump higher. Ray is our MLB and a motivated Ray is worth 3 young guys in this situation.
Even in his declining years, if there were a time you could depend on him to be a star, now would be it.
GO RAY!!!

It's no secret, this will be Ray's last hurrah. Start him @ least. The city of Baltimore and the game deserves it. Otherwise, why did you activate him Hardboil?

I think we'll all find out when the team comes running onto the field this Sunday. Can I get a little "Hot in Herre"? :)

@Sami

Right, or be the last to come out the tunnel doing "the squirrel"

http://www.channelone.com/video/the-pre-game-dance/

In the game or not, start the game or not too old for the game or not, retire next year or not, injury or not Ray Lewis is PRICELESS.

This is gonna b an emotionally charged game on both sides pagano being a survivor and coming back to b more and our leader ray lewis is back i look for both teams to come out blazing but we are coming out on top

I want to be the first to say that the cheer when Ray runs through that tunnel will be heard all the way in Indytown.

This is when the Coach Harbaugh game just gets silly. Me and Myself told I, Ray Lewis will be playing this Sunday...definitely, the worst kept secret in the league.

Ray will come out of that tunnel on Sunday! and when he does...M&T and myself (in my Ravens cave) are going to go wild! get ready cause it's about to get hot in herre!

~Mili

An honest question: Do you think Lewis will play to the standard that Ellerbe has set these past 2 games? Ellerbe is flying to the ball, even with his ankle, and playing really well.

[quote name='Macadamia' timestamp='1356994291' post='1285277']
One last hurrah for Mustafa, but then it's time to move on Ravens. Ray's not going to get any better and his salary is too huge for his diminishing production and increasing risk of injuries. Don't flame me for stating the truth fellow fans, I love RayLew just as much as the rest of you, but time waits for no man. Not even Ray.
[/quote]
I agree 100% and I think the same goes for Ed Reed

im glad to see ray get his last chance to win a sb but lets be smart here and pull him on obvious passing situations. he can no longer cover te's, especially ones that are 6'5" and run like wr's.

Introduce the defence and after Reeeeeeed, put on the Nelly's Hot in Here and lets go to work.Let Ray do his dance!

I think the outstanding play of Ellerbe has made Harbs cough before anointing Ray to start!

Not because he suspects Ray isn't ready, we all know he's ready and chomping at the bit, but it's hard to just diss how effective the Ellerbe-Bynes connection has been in the middle!

I believe Ray will play but he may be pulled on strictly passing downs like 3rd and long!

[quote name='Ravenous-D' timestamp='1357026403' post='1285604']
An honest question: Do you think Lewis will play to the standard that Ellerbe has set these past 2 games? Ellerbe is flying to the ball, even with his ankle, and playing really well.
[/quote]

Concur 100%

He's playing great ball in the middle and you just don't dismiss that during this all important playoff time!

ray makes a couple plays a year that yu will remember for the rest of your life!! yall crazy if yall think he aint got none comin for us... the impact of dat one big play affects a wholegame..

[quote name='Ravenous-D' timestamp='1357026403' post='1285604']
[/quote]

No. Ellerbie is playing well and I'm not sure that Ray, even after getting rested and ready, will match his play.

That being said, will Lewis be replacing Ellerbe? If Ray enters the game, won't he be playing along side him? I would think the question should be, "do we think Lewis will play to the standard of BA, Bynes or McClellan"? To that, my answer is yes.

You guys do realize we start 2 MLBs right? Lewis isn't replacing Ellerbe, he's technically replacing McClain who is on IR.

So he would be starting over Bynes or McClellan. He would be on the field the same time as Ellerbe.

This is a really tough topic to get my head wrapped around. I LOVE R.Lewis and everything he stands for and everything he gave this city to be exited about. He is Baltimore to me.

That being said first and foremost...he needs to take his current talents to the sidelines and begin coaching this LB unit of Baltimore to carry on the legacy he speaks of. There is no better motivator (on any level) than Lewis. Ellerbe, McClain, all of them, are awaiting their blossoming prime and if Ray continues to not find a way to be comfortable off the field of play, is only hurting the young terrors that we stable into becoming their dreams and supporting this team defensively. Is there no wonder why their is and has been no heir apparent when even i we had one, there wasnt enough time afforded to rep them real time and let them flourish because of the incredible career length that ray had. This train is moving and these young bucks are making proud as of late. So i will start and stop with how much i love ray and what he is...but i want to see him coaching these STUDS and CLONING them into ferocious monsters like he was. Then i want to see him as DC on our sideline one day. Like a big black Yoda just cultivating and schooling talent. Who knows what he could do as a student of this game, perhaps recreate Defensive schemes and redefining this Baltimore Defense the same way he redefined the ILB position. Much love to Ray and this post was in no way disrespect...just my vision of what this Warrior truly brings to the table. To think anything less of his talents would cancel out all he truly is. PLAYOFFS!! GO RAVENS!!

It will be quite a sight for him to come out of the tunnel and do his dance for the first time in forever. The Bank will be rocking for sure. Let's go Cincy also so we can go to New England instead of Denver.

Will Lewis really make an impact if he plays? Maybe his impact will be an emotional lift for his teamates.

I've always thought Ray Lewis should coach after he retires. He still has so much to give and I think he's a great example for any athlete. I love the way he offers a hand up to the guy he just tackled. I love how excited he gets on the side lines too. Go Ravens, all the way this year!!

Ray it's been ne hell of a career! I can't wait to see you in person Sunday for you to come out of the tunnel one last time. Thank you for all of the memories you've given us Raven fans since the first game of our history. Play your heart out fduring this playoff run. It would be so amazing to see you walk off the field for the last time after winning the Super Bowl!!!!