42 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,124 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

The veteran linebacker could return to the field Sunday for the first time since Week 6.

View the full article

#2 Yum Chickens

Yum Chickens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

Since he was probably this week, doesn't logic dictate there's a huge chance he can play this week? Why would they activate him if he wasn't cleared?

#3 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

Ray will play. Even if he's only 70%, I think he'll play. He knows the importance of this game, and if you don't get past this one, there won't be a next week anyways. So I think he'll play.

On a side note, after watching the conference, it must be a Harbaugh trait to wear the same clothes every day. Jim with the black shirt and khakis. Now John with the grey sweatshirt and black polo. ;D

Edited by Ragin'Raven, 31 December 2012 - 05:10 PM.

I'm a mama of three boys. Nothing scares or disgusts me anymore. 

#4 jackrogers

jackrogers

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

If Ray is only 70% he shouldn't play. Our backers have been looking pretty good lately. We don't need to take a step backwards. He should only play if he gives us the best chance to win. I guess only the coaches and Ray will know when the time is right. Hope they make the right decision for the right reasons.

#5 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

If Ray is only 70% he shouldn't play. Our backers have been looking pretty good lately. We don't need to take a step backwards. He should only play if he gives us the best chance to win. I guess only the coaches and Ray will know when the time is right. Hope they make the right decision for the right reasons.

But what if you knew, which obviously no one does..not even them..if having Ray Lewis in the ballgame would ultimately help you win the game. Even if he's at 60%-70%, wouldn't you put him in there? That's a hypothetical of course, because even a 100% Ray Lewis might not even help you win the game, but his presence would certainly help something.

I'm a mama of three boys. Nothing scares or disgusts me anymore. 

#6 jackrogers

jackrogers

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

If Ray Lewis was in his prime I would put him in at 50%. His leadership, experience, and heart means a lot but he doesn't have the athletic chops of the players that have replaced him. It is a tough decision.

#7 NCMan

NCMan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

I wouldn't play him unless he was at least 90% healthy, but I'm not the Coach. I just want the Ravens team that beat up on the Giants to show up for the next four games.

#8 td8081

td8081

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

At %70 is better than the other linebackers.Don't get me wrong Ellerbe can be good learning from Ray & if he can stay healthy.In the Denver & Redskins games guys was out of position..With Ray there,he knows where everyone suppose to line up at.Playing against Brady & Manning,you're going to need guys to lineup correct.Maybe his physical have diminish but his knowledge never left.He will line you up,it's up to you to make the play.You'll have think twice coming across the middle..

#9 Macadamia

Macadamia

Veteran

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

One last hurrah for Mustafa, but then it's time to move on Ravens. Ray's not going to get any better and his salary is too huge for his diminishing production and increasing risk of injuries. Don't flame me for stating the truth fellow fans, I love RayLew just as much as the rest of you, but time waits for no man. Not even Ray.

#10 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,521 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

Well, I want Ray Lewis to come back for the playoffs. I cannot wait to see how good we can be with Ray and Ellerbe at ILB, and Suggs and Kruger at OLB, with Ngata, Jones and McPhee on the inside....

#11 Blacknpurpletilldeath

Blacknpurpletilldeath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

Your all stating he hasnt physically effected the team before week 6, then who lead the team in tackles before he got injured, and he also put up 13 tackles a sack AND a forced fumble in our season opener...

#12 singin1

singin1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

I want to see Ray in the game. The General needs to be in there if the docs clear him. Perhaps rotating him in and out of plays to see how things go. Our linebacker core is getting healthy and Dannelle Ellerbe is a beast!!

#13 KidNme

KidNme

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

I definately want to see Ray play this Sunday and through to the SB.
If he's cleared to play and has practiced solid all week then by all means, get him out there and let Ellerby just spell him off and on.

This is Ray's year and he HAS to go to the SB to finish his career.
You can't hold him out of it, regardless of whether or not you think a younger player can run faster and jump higher. Ray is our MLB and a motivated Ray is worth 3 young guys in this situation.
Even in his declining years, if there were a time you could depend on him to be a star, now would be it.
GO RAY!!!

#14 throwback2000

throwback2000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

It's no secret, this will be Ray's last hurrah. Start him @ least. The city of Baltimore and the game deserves it. Otherwise, why did you activate him Hardboil?

#15 RavenLunatic

RavenLunatic

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

I think we'll all find out when the team comes running onto the field this Sunday. Can I get a little "Hot in Herre"? :)

#16 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

I would be willing to bet my eye teeth Ray will be the first one outa the tunnel.

#17 Shutdowns-R-us

Shutdowns-R-us

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

@Sami

Right, or be the last to come out the tunnel doing "the squirrel"

http://www.channelon...pre-game-dance/

Edited by Shutdowns-R-us, 31 December 2012 - 09:50 PM.

#18 Bernie Mc1953

Bernie Mc1953

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

In the game or not, start the game or not too old for the game or not, retire next year or not, injury or not Ray Lewis is PRICELESS.

#19 4evermore23

4evermore23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

This is gonna b an emotionally charged game on both sides pagano being a survivor and coming back to b more and our leader ray lewis is back i look for both teams to come out blazing but we are coming out on top

#20 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,178 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

I want to be the first to say that the cheer when Ray runs through that tunnel will be heard all the way in Indytown.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users