Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MiselisM

In Case Any of You Were Worried About DeCosta Leaving

9 posts in this topic

He just ended the speculation

[quote]“I love being a part of Ravens, plan to stay & help them win championships. No intentions of leaving this team.”[/quote]

Source: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/285852903204323331

i didn't plan on it anyway. he knows what future job is waiting and he seems comfortable here. not really any reason to leave if you ask me.

Isn't he making $2 million to be second fiddle to Ozzie? That's a pretty good gig I'd say, you can always shift the blame to the guy above you.

Getting paid GM money to be a backup to the GM and knowing that you get to eventually be GM for one of the most stable teams in the NFL? That's like a dream come true for DeCosta.

This comes up every year, but I think the simple fact is that a lot of the recent draft picks have been as much Eric's call as Ozzie's, and he already kind of views his position here as a sort of GM role since he's been so responsible for the personnel decisions in the last few years. This team is as much Eric's and Joe Horitz's team as it is Ozzie's, and I'm sure more than anything all three of them expect us to win a championship soon, and they want to be here for that.

[quote name='ravensfan2424' timestamp='1357022450' post='1285589']
So how much longer do you think its gonna be till DeCosta takes over for Ozzie?
[/quote]
I don't see Ozzie staying for more than five years. Probably closer to two or three. If we win the superbowl this season or the next, I think he's gone then.