41 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,285 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

With the Ravens resting the starters, coaches had a chance to evaluate the younger talent.

View the full article

#2 PeRK82

PeRK82

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

Anyone Else Worried that A team will Pick up T.Taylor.

RG3 Doesn't have jack on Taylor. This dude can ball, Best Pocket awareness in the league. It sucks that the WRers were giving up on plays and Taylor had an even worse O line Than Flacco ( lol if thats even possible)

#3 redravenfan

redravenfan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

I really enjoyed watching gradkowski he did an awesome job . deonte thompson i don't get why he lays down to catch the ball ....and tyrod did a good job as well looking forward to the playoffs.

#4 PeRK82

PeRK82

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

Was LQ Williams even Active , if so why didnt he get any Offensive playing time.

#5 rmcjacket23

rmcjacket23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

Define "pocket awareness"?

By that, do you mean Taylor is great at leaving the pocket on basically every snap? If so, then yes he has great "pocket awareness".

I would much rather see him not flee the pocket after 2 seconds, stand tall in the pocket, step up, and throw the ball more than 5 yards down the field. If he can't do that, then he really has no use.

And no, nobody in the league will watch yesterdays game and feel like they should trade for Taylor. There's a ton of backups in the league just like him, with equal size, athleticism, and skill sets.

#6 rmcjacket23

rmcjacket23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

And LaQuan Williams is on IR.

#7 benjamin.phelps

benjamin.phelps

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

They put LaQuan on IR so that they could activate Ray Lewis.

#8 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

I enjoyed seeing Gino get some reps. It seems like our future is secure at the center position. Now imagine if we had wasted our first round pick on Peter Konz.

#9 jravens13

jravens13

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

I thought Gino Gradkowski looked good. I hope he will be ready to take over for Birk next year to add to the youth on our O-Line.

#10 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,393 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

Bottom line is the young guys played pretty damn good against a decent team that made the playoffs. In many respects they outplayed the Bengals. If it was not for the pick-six that should not have been thrown, the 45 yard missed FG, and a few BS calls by the refs we would have had a road win with these up and coming young studs. They all played hard to the end, especially Pierce, and should be commended. All in all, I don't have very much to complain about. I actually enjoyed the heck out of watching this game.

#11 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

Gradkowski looked good yesterday he was another pleasant surprise

#12 redred

redred

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

rmcrack23......... You never liked Tyrod to begain with

By that, do you mean Taylor is great at leaving the pocket on basically every snap? If so, then yes he has great "pocket awareness".

I would much rather see him not flee the pocket after 2 seconds, stand tall in the pocket, step up, and throw the ball more than 5 yards down the field. If he can't do that, then he really has no use.

And no, nobody in the league will watch yesterdays game and feel like they should trade for Taylor. There's a ton of backups in the league just like him, with equal size, athleticism, and skill sets.ain with..

#13 Shutdowns-R-us

Shutdowns-R-us

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

It was nice Tyrod had all the starters in the game to make a good assessment of him, oh wait he didn't.

#14 rmcjacket23

rmcjacket23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

redred,

Correct, I didn't. I never attempted to hide the fact that I thought anybody who thought he would be a better QB for this team than Flacco doesn't know a lot about football. I've made that pretty clear all along.

I would be more than happy to change my thinking... if I see something I want to see. I, unlike most people, had no interest in Taylor showing off his athleticism, his ability to evade pass rushers, etc. I've seen that, as has everyone else.

As bad as this sounds... you know what I really wanted to see from Taylor yesterday? I wanted to see him stand in the pocket, go through reads 1, 2, 3, and maybe even 4, and then take a sack. Why? Because that's what every quality QB in the NFL does at certain times. I don't recall a single time where Taylor stood in the pocket and let the play develop. It was read 1, or run. That was it.

#15 rmcjacket23

rmcjacket23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

And maybe it had something to do with playing with a backup offensive line. But then again, I and everybody else on these boards has complained about not having a good starting offensive line all year anyway.

And for the majority of the second half, it was against second string pass rushers too. Lets not kid ourselves.

#16 Shutdowns-R-us

Shutdowns-R-us

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

@rmcjacket23

You wanted to see him play with the starters but you didn't. You wanted him to have Boldin, Smith & Pitta available with the rest of the cast.

#17 rmcjacket23

rmcjacket23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

No, I knew he wouldn't. But to me, that doesn't change much.

Whether it's Boldin running a route or Thompson running a route, I want to see him attempt to throw the ball down the field (more than 5 yards). Whether it's Torrey Smith running a 15 yard out route, or David Reed, I want to see him at least attempt to make that throw. He did not.

If he attempted those throws, and the receivers ran bad routes or dropped balls, then we can have that conversation. But the attempts weren't even there.

#18 rmcjacket23

rmcjacket23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

The bottom line for me is this, and I've said this several times on these boards all year...

I understand (though disagree) with sentiments about Flacco not being the answer for this team. But based on the game film, practice time, etc. that I've seen, I've drawn 2 conclusions:

1. If Flacco is the starter, and Taylor is the backup, and Flacco gets a long-term injury, this team is in big trouble offensively.

2. If Flacco is dropped, the answer at QB is not on this current roster.

#19 Shutdowns-R-us

Shutdowns-R-us

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

@rmcjacket23

You don't remember the pass almost for a TD but faded out of bounds, Jacoby Jones reception? He threw it a yard to far right, but that was your more than 5 yard pass.

#20 rmcjacket23

rmcjacket23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

Congrats... 1 pass in 3.5 quarters over 5 yards.

I guess my logic is defeated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users