41 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,247 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

Head Coach John Harbaugh called Chuck Pagano one of his closest personal friends.

View the full article

#2 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

Everyone is Harbaugh's close personal friend in this league. That's partly why Cameron stayed so long. As respectable as that is, for three hours this Sunday, those friendships will have to be put aside for the good of the Ravens organization. Family, and even friendships, do come before football. But this Sunday, go Ravens! :)

#3 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,605 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

While WE ALL LOVE CHUCK. Pagano is a GREAT GUY!...

This is a playoff game... One Irsay will most likely attend. We need to remember that he is coming back to Baltimore with his team of COLTS. A team that his family dragged out of Baltimore, very quietly, in the middle of the night, during a Blizzard, with everything packed in Mayflower Moving Vans. A team who's legacy was built here in Baltimore.... We cannot forget that. We must play our game... and send them back to Indianapolis where they wanted to be in the first place.

Pagano is getting all the love he deserves....
But we must be the Ravens, play our game, and get to the next level.

#4 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

show no mercy

#5 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

Chuck's "dream" season ends where his dream job began - Baltimore! The "Fates" are hilarious like that!

#6 Ravens in The Dena

Ravens in The Dena

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

We are getting healthy at that right time. The Defense has been improving every week, if the Offense can duplicate what they did against the Giants thruout the playoffs, we are going to be a very tough matchup for any team.

#7 Bill3887

Bill3887

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

All Ravens nations prayers are with you Chuck and we miss you in Baltimore and thank you for everything you did for the Ravens when you were with us, and this game on Sunday the Ravens have to play hard out of respect for Chuck, and this game is going to be full of emotion. Ravens Nation loves you Chuck and we are praying for your battle against Leukemia. Chuck is still family to the Ravens always.

#8 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

Love ya, Chuck...but I still hope we destroy your team. Sorry.

#9 Bill3887

Bill3887

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

The Ravens have to beat the Colts and this game is very important and I know Jim Caldwell really wants to beat his former team, and lets go Ravens!! I am so excited about Sunday and this game is going to be drama filled. Lets go Ravens!!

#10 Purp-a-trater

Purp-a-trater

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

I see the Flacco-haters are out in force already on the other storyboards....Joe made bad throws early on vs. Cincy....give us Tyrod...yada, yada, yada.....

News flash for the secret Steelers fans out there...the Cincy game was a bye as soon as Cincy beat the Steelers (condolences, secret Steelers fans) and the Ravens crushed the Giants....

All due respect to Tyrod, but running east-west, albeit really-really, fast, doesn't officially count for yards on the ground....didn't see boatloads of 3rd down conversions as a result....and this performance was NOT against a particularly motivated Cincy defense (how many guys were THEY resting?)....

Show of hands...how many people want to sit Joe in favor of the backup when Indy comes to town?.....unanimity amongst the Steelers fans out there, I'll bet.....

Don't fret too much about being out of the playoffs, Steelheads.....the national sports media still doesn't like the Ravens, and will always exalt you guys (that means lift you up on a pedestal) as America's blue-collar team...

I think I just induced my own nausea....

#11 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

I see the Flacco-haters are out in force already on the other storyboards....Joe made bad throws early on vs. Cincy....give us Tyrod...yada, yada, yada.....

News flash for the secret Steelers fans out there...the Cincy game was a bye as soon as Cincy beat the Steelers (condolences, secret Steelers fans) and the Ravens crushed the Giants....

All due respect to Tyrod, but running east-west, albeit really-really, fast, doesn't officially count for yards on the ground....didn't see boatloads of 3rd down conversions as a result....and this performance was NOT against a particularly motivated Cincy defense (how many guys were THEY resting?)....

Show of hands...how many people want to sit Joe in favor of the backup when Indy comes to town?.....unanimity amongst the Steelers fans out there, I'll bet.....

Don't fret too much about being out of the playoffs, Steelheads.....the national sports media still doesn't like the Ravens, and will always exalt you guys (that means lift you up on a pedestal) as America's blue-collar team...

Freakin sweet

#12 BmoreB

BmoreB

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

I'm actually in favor of benching Flacco and going with Taylor..... as soon as we buildup to about a 28 point lead, mid way through the 4th quarter :)

#13 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

I know Flacco has not met some our high expectations (I anticipated an MVP type season from him); but anyone that thinks that Tyrod Taylor could come in a do a better job than Flacco is either out of their freaking mind, or started watching football yesterday. In fact, if Flacco went down, I'd soil myself. Tyrod does not bring me comfort coming off the bench...unless the Ravens are up by 30 points.

#14 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

Hey, Purp-a-trater, your statement: "I see the Flacco-haters are out in force already on the other storyboards....Joe made bad throws early on vs. Cincy....give us Tyrod...yada, yada, yada....." is the typical "If you're not For us, you're AGAINST us" statement!

What about us fans who like Joe but are tired of the lack or pocket presence, long low-percentage passes, and missed receivers? Do we not bleed purple too?

Just because we saw T.T. run for more yards, north and south than the east-west you saw and saw his accurately move chains with a short passing game, that makes us "Flacco-Haters"?

I like good, chrisp football games and I actually saw a guy who could earn more playing time and bring an added dimension to a stoic, inconsistent Raven Offense - and I still bleed purple!

Edited by Mystigo_Dragon, 31 December 2012 - 11:22 AM.

#15 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

I'm just glad we don't have the Harbaugh that chooses a back-up over his starting QB. ;)

Edited by Ragin'Raven, 31 December 2012 - 11:21 AM.

I'm a mama of three boys. Nothing scares or disgusts me anymore. 

#16 throwback2000

throwback2000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

We need to bring in Lovie Smith as D-Coordinator next season. He was just fired by "Da Bears". Lets rebuild the defense starting with a great coach.

#17 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

We need to bring in Lovie Smith as D-Coordinator next season. He was just fired by "Da Bears". Lets rebuild the defense starting with a great coach.

Speaking on the friendships I was talking about earlier, I think it'd be worth something to at least talk to Andy Reid if he doesn't get another head coaching job instead. I like Lovie Smith better, but I think he'll get another head coaching job pretty fast.

Edited by Ragin'Raven, 31 December 2012 - 11:40 AM.

I'm a mama of three boys. Nothing scares or disgusts me anymore. 

#18 Purp-a-trater

Purp-a-trater

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

Dragon...if you bleed P&B, then God Bless you....that said, however...

People in this town should realize they have a very, repeat, very good quarterback - funny how Flacco stinks when he's on his back or running for his life when the O-line does their famous Swiss cheese impression AND how he destroys teams when he has as many seconds to throw as the rest of the QBs in the league...

Quite the coinkidink, no? Ask M. Oher what he has nightmares about....I'll bet it's turning around and seeing the bottom of Joe's cleats....

That said, you gotta be kidding me when it comes to Tyrod....forget the pick and the batted-down ball yesterday.....running east-west is the best indication that a guy can't find enough separation between his receivers and the bad guys....

Why is it that when that happens to Joe, it's "inconsistency"....when it happens to a srambling QB, it's dynamic mobility and "pocket presence" and athleticism and the rest of it?

It's really called abandoning your progressions and hoping someone gets open....sandlot football will NOT get this town a championship.....building an ugly O-line and a pass-rush for Joe Flacco will.....

Love and Respect to B'more and all Ravens fans....

#19 steelcityraven

steelcityraven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,381 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

Love Chuck and love what he has done in INDY.... PAGS deserves a ton of success adn glad to see it coming his way... but LCUK, BALLARD, TY Hilton... these kids dont have the experience it takes to win the big games yet...

They will be good and them losing this week will help them to grow... and as much as it will hurt for them to lose to us... it is part of the growth and development proces that will make them seasonsed pros

You have to earn stuff in the NFL and LUCK, RGIII and RUSSELL WILSON are all great but havent put the time in yet! THis is not their year!

#20 redravenfan

redravenfan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

playoffs trump friendhsip they can be friends off the field . they are going to bring there A game we need to bring ours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users