Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Late For Work 12/31: Playoff Schedule, Ravens Scenarios

70 posts in this topic

Colts popular upset pick. No issues with Harbs’ decision. Rice gives Burfict advice.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-1231-Playoff-Schedule-Ravens-Scenarios/e452e037-ab21-469a-aca9-3121933299c9]View the full article[/url]

The last 2 times they played the Colts in the playoffs, the Ravens lost.

I do not see that happening again this time around. Play the same game they played against the Giants last week and everything should go fine.

So based on some in the National Media we do not need to have the next 2 weeks of playoffs. Just start at the AFC Championship and give the ball to Brady & Manning. Talk about NO RESPECT. Lets root for a all AFC North AFC Champion Ship game. Cincy and The Baltimore Ravens in BALTIMORE!!!

Thats an awesome picture of the Gradkowski, brothers. i wish i had a brother and that we played in the NFL. i have an older sister and all she did was rock Block me in high school :/

the colts played inpsired yesterday, but they will have a let down next week, Ravens Win easy i can feel it.

The patriots are pretenders.They blew out the texans but the texans arent the same team they was earlier in the year.They wouldnt have a good record if they was in a real division.If we played the jets,dolphins and bills for the division wed look like champs too.If it wasnt for the patriots being who they are the AFCE would be considered the worst division in football.

I just hope the Refs aren't positioning for a Manning vs Brady AFC Championship, although that won't really affect us this week. Then again, I bet the League would love to see Manning face the Colts in Round 2.

Here's hoping they call it fair.

Joe Flacco ALWAYS outplays Tom Brady! When will the cry be for Flacco vs Brady, smh? Look, we missed the big dance by a missed chip shot, last year. We're back. Let's get this. And, forever silence the Flacco haters. Go Ravens!!! :)

Look like we may be facing the Broncos after all. Either way you slice it, an elite QB is getting a bye week then facing us if/when we win. Hopefully defenses aren't ready for a Caldwell game plan and relentless defense.

I'm definately happy Harbs rested those who needed it. It was bad enough seeing Leetch leave real early in the game. If there was something serious to play for, it would've been a war but, it was better to have our best that are hurt take a break.

I also had a sinking feeling there would be cries for Tyrod to replace Flacco somehow. It's just way better that the players and coaches don't read media.

It's funny how you can see it in all the eyes of sports casters and news people light up when they mention it's an AFC Championship game with Brady and Manning. Like the other 6 teams don't exsist. I thought it was supposed to be "biased" but I guess they can't take their colors off when they turn reporters.

The Browns will get the sixth-overall pick in the draft, and the Steelers will get the 17th pick. Bahahaha!!! One of the reasons the Squeelers are on the sofa this year is their inability to draft. Maybe this'll help 'em. Bahahaha!!!

I don;t think it's fair to say that Tyrod is only a "servicable QB".
It may be true but he hasn't been working with the 1's since he got here. What kind of improvement could we have seen if Tyrod was the starting QB and getting coached up all year?
I just hope Joe sees the value of moving around in the pocket a little like he did against the Giants. That extra second means the world to our recievers!

I'm not saying we should change QB's but we should also cut him some slack. He looked pretty good last night and any mistakes he made were mostly because of a lack of playing time IMHO.

1. a clean slate for ALL
2. take NO ONE for granted- or look ahead
3. lets get any loose parts tightened up and lets get this machine oiled up
and READY TO ROLL !
4. PLAY LIKE A RAVEN !
- GO RAVENS !

@ KidNme: "I just hope Joe sees the value of moving around in the pocket a little like he did against the Giants. That extra second means the world to our recievers"!

- THAT is the key and has been- all along ! Not sure why this took so long to address- if it has been addressed. We will see... Lets hope Joe FINALLY has tossed away those concrete spikes !

I know it's chess Sizzle not checkers, but this Sunday can the defense play a few rounds of checkers between the chess and crown this kid Luck! LOL

I am very glad that Chuck P. is doing good now, but...this is the business of football and everyone needs to focus on the fact that the Ravens beating the Colts (who ditched Baltimore to go to Indy at night BTW) does not make us the "bad guys" as I have heard. Need to focus on playing towards the SB goal Sunday. Not buy into media-drama-hype all over the press. Chuck we all love you, but that won't stop the Ravens from beating the Colts.

GO RAVENS!

[quote name='Big G' timestamp='1356965177' post='1284737']
So based on some in the National Media we do not need to have the next 2 weeks of playoffs. Just start at the AFC Championship and give the ball to Brady & Manning. Talk about NO RESPECT. Lets root for a all AFC North AFC Champion Ship game. Cincy and The Baltimore Ravens in BALTIMORE!!!
[/quote] The main stream media, whether in politics or sports; is made up of a bunch mind numb, bandwagoning, ignorant fools. Even if they had a mind of their own, they wouldn't be able to make it up. They're a pathetic group of leeches whose opinion is as valuable as the skid mark on my terrible towel.

As much as I want us to win it all, the media is playing the tone of what you see is what you get. After the past 5-6 weeks I would put Brady and Peyton in the AFC championship game too. Hopefully we can upset the teams we face.

[quote name='metalraven' timestamp='1356968847' post='1284778']
Any news on Leach?
[/quote]

As I see, nothing "official", but everyone (the coach, Leach himself, etc.) says it's nothing serious, nowhere near threathening his participation next Sunday, he could have gone back and play on if it was necessary, he was just pulled out to play it absolutely safe.

About the same with Osemele.

bio

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1356970645' post='1284810']
As I see, nothing "official", but everyone (the coach, Leach himself, etc.) says it's nothing serious, nowhere near threathening his participation next Sunday, he could have gone back and play on if it was necessary, he was just pulled out to play it absolutely safe.

About the same with Osemele.

bio
[/quote] Thanks!

[quote name='Hardhitters' timestamp='1356970253' post='1284804']
As much as I want us to win it all, the media is playing the tone of what you see is what you get. After the past 5-6 weeks I would put Brady and Peyton in the AFC championship game too. Hopefully we can upset the teams we face.
[/quote]

I guess there's no doubt about those two being the two best overall (roster + coaching + form) teams right now in the AFC.

But just how many times has one or both of the two best teams fell short before even getting near the Super Bowl... The two undisputedly best teams of the NFC last season, for example, were the Packers and the 49'ers. Neither made it...

bio

[quote name='metalraven' timestamp='1356970822' post='1284813']
Thanks!
[/quote]

My pleasure. Let's hope the injury picture doesn't change during the week. If it doesn't, we can field the strongest team this season. The first time Suggs and Lewis together... Reed & Pollard Inc. ruling the backfield again... If Webb could also play, it would be the strongest possible Ravens, IMHO.

bio

Burfict was a steal for the Bengals.... but he has to realize that he had 18 tackles against our backups.... and our # 2 RB nearly put up 100 against his defense.

@biolarzen

Made it or not, the way they played compared to the way we played what do you expect the media to say. Maybe if we beat the Broncos they would be saying the Ravens is the upset team, watch out but we didn't. Don't be mad the media is picking the teams that hold together. We just need to hold it together and make them pay homage.

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1356970985' post='1284821']
My pleasure. Let's hope the injury picture doesn't change during the week. If it doesn't, we can field the strongest team this season. The first time Suggs and Lewis together... Reed & Pollard Inc. ruling the backfield again... If Webb could also play, it would be the strongest possible Ravens, IMHO.

bio
[/quote] I completely agree. I expect a much more solid team on both sides of the ball this weekend. I WISH Webb could play!! But our DBs have looked pretty darn good. I'm really impressed with the backups.

OF courseTyrod is no Flacco yet... how much has he played. He is a great athlete with a ton of potential (given the opportunity to grow and develop) Flacco has had that opportunity from day 1...

Not saying that Tyrod is our starter or anything but he is exciting adn with some experience can be an NFL QB (plus he doest seem to have that panic inthe pocket that Joe still shows)

I thought that Tyrod played very well considering!

The way we ended the last half of the regular season warranted no outspoken respect across the league. If we want respect from the media and the nation we must dominate the playoffs or be know as a great team that can't pull it together when needed.

I want the dominate playoff run.

if someone would have said that we would score more points then any time in RAVENS history and have a all time low in turn overs.... I would have to beleive that we are headed to a super bowl....

That being said... lets hope we get healthy an consistent at the right time... we have the ingredients for something special... we just need it to all come together and who knows!

Although I'm not for "ducking" anyone in the playoffs, however here is the Ravens' best path to New Orleans: Beat Indy, and the Bengals beat Houston (not highly unlikely considering how all four teams have been playing). Then The Ravens head to Foxboro where they'd meet their old friends, the Patsies, while the Bengals head off to Invesco Field at Mile High. If the two visitors can pull off upsets then the AFC title game will be played in Baltimore. If that happens I'll be back here guaranteeing a Superbowl win because despite what the so called "pundits" claim, I don't see the NFC as the better conference, and nobody scares me of the bunch this year: ATL, 49ers, GB, 'Skins, Seattle, and Vikings... none!

THere is no other team that withstood the type of adversity that we faced and we still won one of the toughest divisions in the NFL....

THe sqeelers faced a lot of adversity and barely finished .500...
Last year the COlts lost one player (peytone) and barely one a game.

The Saints faced a ton of adversity this season adn they too missed the big dance.

we have overcome so much and to get healthy now... there is no team that we cant overcme!

And for those of us lauding the Bengals for picking up this "steal" Vontaze Burfict, let us temper our hype. I heard some declaring him the next "Ray Lewis". Disrespectful as that is, he is not even Navarro Bowman, or lesser even Luke Kuechly yet (and the closest player to a young Ray in the entire league is Patrick Willis for starters). Burfict made a ton of tackles, whooptie doo, a fellow named Chad Greenway led the league in tackles for much of the season; do I take it he's the next Dick Butkus?! Get a grip fellas, the dude is not bad as a linebacker-- but we all knew that coming out of Arizona State; the problem was his character, and those problems still persist although he is presently on his best behavior after going undrafted and getting a second lease on NFL life. If he is special in 3 years and hasn't had any major brush with the law or the league office, then let us revisit this issue at that time, but until then, take a chill pill guys.

RAVENS score more points then any time in RAVENS history and have a all time low in turn overs.... and fire the OC lol

@roamingcharges... i tend to agree with you for the most part, the kids good but not the next ray. however, your point to him not being ray bc the possibility exists that in his youth to have run ins with the law or the league office - it sounds like youre saying he has the talent to be great, but his behavior may lead him to not achieve that potential and getting in trouble would make that impossible.... Correct me if im wrong, but a young ray lewis had a run in with the law and league office which was incorrectly based on a preconception of his behavior and life style. That man has gone on to become the most model citizen and best leader/teacher of youth this league has ever seen.

Don't pidgeon hole a kid bc of his reputation. He didnt get drafted and reality hit him that he needs to give it some effort. He may get knocked down a peg or two but i expect him to get it and continue to play at a very high level. He's the best backer on a very talented defense. The kid can ball whether you like his personality or not.

Nobody wants to play the Ravens in the playoffs. Believe that. Our team hits hard and the defense is starting to get their act together. Go Ravens!

[quote name='steelcityraven' timestamp='1356971128' post='1284823']
Burfict was a steal for the Bengals.... but he has to realize that he had 18 tackles against our backups.... and our # 2 RB nearly put up 100 against his defense.
[/quote]

Well, Burfict has gone further than i thought he ever would - but he's nowhere yet. all he's proved is that he has the power - but everyone knew that. It's his personality that made him too much of a risk for any team to draft him - and as rumors say, he's showing those aspects of personality flaws.

So, I still don't think it was a mistake ignoring him. The next season will reveal a lot.

bio

[quote name='metalraven' timestamp='1356971250' post='1284825']
I completely agree. I expect a much more solid team on both sides of the ball this weekend. I WISH Webb could play!! But our DBs have looked pretty darn good. I'm really impressed with the backups.
[/quote]

Corey Graham is proving to be a great acquisition - even i9f he was primarily broguht in for special teams... Injuries presented him with a opporutnity and IMHO he took it. Young Chykie Brown is becoming a solid backup CB.

We'll need our backs to pull their A-games: all our possible opponents in the playoffs have top shelf throwing QB's: first Luck, then Brady or Manning...

bio

We will beat the Indiannapolis Colts.

A lot of people think that we cannot beat the Colts. Thats just fuel over the fire for us.

If Andrew Luck and his boys think they are going to come to our house and embarrass us after everything we fought for. And the players we have who have fought year in and year out to make it to the playoffs and have a chance at the Super Bowl.

They got another thing coming

I promise you guys this.

Our team will come out and play next sunday at a very high level. This will probably be the best show they will put on for us since week 1 against the Bengals or when we stomped the Raiders.

I have this gut feeling that every player on the field for us is going to play his heart out.

I am NOT sold on bringing back Ray Lewis- just because he is Ray Lewis:
-why is he playing when he has not been battle tested- in a real game, since when ?
-when he was playing early in the year, our D was horrible; now it is gelling nicely
-he has slowed considerably and had earlier been getting blocked rather easily due to his weight loss (TO compensate for the loss of speed).
-he has not been any part of THAT unit- that HAS BEEN gelling
-we do NOT owe him anything; he has been paid handsomely while a Raven- for his services
-I hope we are tring to- first and foremost do what is in the BEST interest of the game and winning , and NOT playing him to just to please the fans.
-grant it Ray is a true first ballot Hall of Famer, however, you cannot assume that he is or will be the same Ray of the past. He is NOT. It is time to move on.

I hope that we know what we are doing, in the BEST interest of Sundays game- and not to please the fans. I expect ALOT of negative posts- however, we must stop beleiving that Ray is the Ray of the past. It IS time to move on. We do not owe Ray anything.

If I can find a positive in a loss, I guess I'm happy that our backups were able to keep with Andy and Pussycats. Plus I'm glad what happened to the falcons didn't happen to us. Also, Bernard Pierce is definitely a find.

Ricky Williams in 2011- 108 carries, 444 yards, 2 tds
Bernard Pierce in 2012- 108 carries, 532 yards, 1 td

And in the last two games Pierce has 212 yards. I think we might have found a two headed monster just in time for the dance.

And since the Texans lost yesterday I knew the Pats wouldn't give us the third seed.

As for the Colts upsetting us, we need to get back to status where you couldn't mess with us in the "Birds Nest".

@BOLDnPurPnBlacK thanks for the input. Now I did not say Burfict would only be successful if he never has a run in with the law. I said, if he goes on to be a star, AND stays away from on and off the field trouble then I'd be willing to concede that the Ravens should have taken a flier on him. My point is that while they are very valuable, tackles are often a dubious statistic. Any tackle made on a runner four yards from the line of scrimmage has little value compared to one made behind said line of scrimmage. It is not a coincidence that very often bad defenses "boast" one or two players with gaudy tackles stats. That is because with fewer 3 and outs forced, any defense will get lots of chances to rack up useless stats in the name of tackles. My point: If Burfict persists as a playmaker and gets known for tackling ball carriers behind the line of scrimmage, or receivers before the first down marker, or sacks, forced fumbles, interceptions... I'll jump on your Vontaze bandwagon. For now, I'm good riding with the rookies we presently have on our squad.

Ravens and Raven fans: Best Wishes for a GREAT and Happy (Happier is BETTER) New Year.
I am signing out- until next year ! Go Ravens !