Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warren2621

Must stop the penalties

11 posts in this topic

I was at the game today. It wasnt as exciting of course as other games I have been to, but it was cool nonetheless just because i got to see tyrod running around out there live. and he scored at the end zone i was sitting closest to and i got some nice video.

but

the entire game was just killed by our penalties. bobbie williams, KO, whoever. If Harbaugh wants to treat this game like a preseason game, cool, but at least have the backups prepared to play and pay attention. i know we are somewhere near the worst in penalty yards, but giving away multiple drives because of penalties will ruin the playoffs. so many holding flags, false starts. dumb offensive line penalties really need to be cut down

Penalties, yes, and personal foul ones at that! We look like a dirty team at times. There's no reason for some of those fouls, other than just lack of self-discipline. I agree that the penalties need to stop this week.

If the skins / cowboys can go (at this point) can go into the fourth quarter with NO penalties any one can do it.

What gets me is, how long did they spend cleaning up the penalties .. getting the team more disciplined. It looks like we're right back to where we were. I figure some of that is due to the injuries. Backups getting more playing time, people playing out of position. You tend to hold and do stupid stuff when you are being beaten or are playing a bit above your head.

But some of it, as you said, was just stupid. Giving a guy a little knee push for no reason and getting a 15-yard personal foul. Use your heads.

[quote name='DMH_in_WA' timestamp='1356933007' post='1284551']

But some of it, as you said, was just stupid. Giving a guy a little knee push for no reason and getting a 15-yard personal foul. Use your heads.
[/quote]
That was stupid as was the late hit on the qb that kept a drive alive. Granted, both were ticky-tack. Bit I swear refs look for that kind of stuff on our team. Don't even give them a chance to throw a flag guys.

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1356964284' post='1284727']
lack of mental discipline.

~Mili
[/quote]

Yes. I forgot to mention that the Bengals fans werent even that loud yesterday and we were still getting false starts just as often as usual. The stadium was pretty dead as far as noise, should have been like a practice.