71 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,841 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

Eisenberg’s 5 game thoughts, including: Taylor’s modest outing and Burfict resembling Lewis.

View the full article

#2 trayRaves

trayRaves

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

Forgot about Modell's death on that list.

#3 slowboater

slowboater

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

Bad Guys? Brace yourself? Perfect.

Hope all the "experts" pick Indy. Then we can have a huge chip on our shoulders come next weekend....

Kick butt guys.

#4 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,491 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

It's football game against the team that slinked out of town in the dark of night! It's a team that lured away our D-Coordinator just when we were getting dominating!

If those two reasons seem like sour grapes to you, try this:

It's the team standing in the way of rings for Lewis, Suggs and Reed!

#5 ravensykoh

ravensykoh

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

From watching this game today I do think it was foolish to pass up on Burfict in the draft and as a free agent. I am somewhat disappointed that we didnt give him a chance but yet we waste our time and gave Sergio Kindle a chance. We missed out on something special that has potential but oh well life goes on we will have to find another.

#6 Purple Dawg 96

Purple Dawg 96

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

"Well say Hello to the Bad Guy"! It will be the Last Time you see a Bad Guy looking like this! LOL!

#7 Guest_wasabiebird_*

Guest_wasabiebird_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

Not bad guys . Bruce arians should get credit for the position the colts are in. and if we have to be bullies or bad guys so be it . lets just win this i don't care what anyone says

Edited by wasabiebird, 30 December 2012 - 08:34 PM.

#8 zgenco

zgenco

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

Last April I had a bunch of negative feedback because i said we were foolish to pass on Burfict. Now look at him hes a great player two years ago i wanted jimmy smith and Torry i thought it was going to be only jimmy but my draft was complete when we got Torry in the second. last year I wanted Tommy Streeter and Burfict I was so mad when we passed on him in the 7th round I think he will be a great player. Go ravens were in the playoffs lets go deep and make a run for a ring. This year in the draft I want to trade up for manti te'o (highly unlikely) or take Tavon Auston in the first.

#9 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,031 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

Man, his articles really reach....

#10 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

I don't remember Burfict getting any penalties. But when you have 100 tackles as a rookie, you can get a penalty or two a game. Still can't believe we passed on him.

#11 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

I don't care what America thinks. I'm happy for Chuck, but the media really blew the entire storyline out of porportion.

#12 RicknRoll

RicknRoll

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

I was definitely ticked that we didn't get Burfict, and to let Cinci pick him up for less than nothing was unthinkable, as if we don't need a replacement for our 37 year old Star linebacker, lost Redding and JJ? What the heck was our front office thinking?

As for the Colts, there is no way the rest of the NFL world could possibly believe that the Colts didn't intentionately loose last season to get the first pick in the draft to get A, Luck. 2 14 last season and now they are a playoff team??? Bull!!

#13 rmcjacket23

rmcjacket23

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

I'm going to enjoy the moment in 3-4 years when Vontaze Burfict is out of the NFL due to poor play or off the field issues and people won't step up and eat crow for thinking he's better than the guys we got.

If Lewis, McClain, and Ellerbe are all healthy, Burfict would be the 4th best MLB on this team as far as talent goes.

#14 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,187 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

Love IT! Bring it on!
68f2a8.jpg

#15 BamBam

BamBam

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

"Bad Guys" Really, Eisenberg??? Tell us something we don't know! I don't recall the Ravens ever being media darlings. Yeah, all week it'll be Pagano's cancer battle, the great turn-around with a rookie qb, blah blah blah. But, there won't be a whole lot of praise for a Ravens team that won consecutive division titles, a quarterback and head-coach, leading their team to five straight playoff appearances. I'm sure the television interviews will be a week long love-fest of colts this/that, and how it's their destiny to win this game etc. I mean, we're all used to the hate, the bashing, the criticism, the joking, and blatant disrespect from the "experts". The fact of the matter is, these media jerks mean less than nothing to the Ravens. We have a home playoff game for the second year in a row, seventy-thousand Raven maniacs cheering in the stands, and 52 running out of a smoke-filled tunnel for the first time since mid-October. What better way to start the new year, than to end the colts' season in BALTIMORE!

#16 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

Was it just me, or did Koch suck with the punts today? The fake was very nice; but his punts were nasty!! I love that guy, though!

Anyway...I wouldn't sweat the "passing up on Burfict" thing. He looks VERY good. But remember, teams passed him up because he had a bad attitude. Maybe he's changed; but don't be surprised to see him become a cancer in the future when things fall apart. It's the Bengals...things always fall apart.

#17 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

I don't see us winning in Denver so let's hope Houston takes them out for us.

#18 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

I don't recall the Ravens ever being media darlings.

And let's keep it that way. We don't need the trend following, media chumps. Never have, never will.

#19 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

I don't see us winning in Denver so let's hope Houston takes them out for us.

We'll have Pollard, Lewis, Ellerbe and Suggs back together. I think we're capable of beating anybody.

#20 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

Burfict is no Ray Lewis.

Edited by Grapple Raven, 31 December 2012 - 02:28 AM.
Insult removed, called him a clown.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users