71 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,281 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Quarterback Tyrod Taylor’s pick six proved to be the difference in a 23-17 loss in Cincinnati.

View the full article

#2 Purp-a-trater

Purp-a-trater

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

Good week for a starter's bye.....glad to see Jacoby Jones made it out of the game unscathed.....I cringed everytime he took a kickoff upfield...yikes....

#3 raven5286

raven5286

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

Taylor showed decent maturity on the field. Even though he got sacked and was intercepted, there were a lot of things he did that revealed that he is a great 2nd QB:

1. He did not fumble the ball
2. On occasions where he could not find anybody open, he was able to escape the pocket and get the yardage that we needed( I think he broke 3 tackles one time to set the Ravens up with 1st and Goal).
3. He picked up that rushing TD that was I believe to be the positive play of Tyrod's career(I love to see Flacco do that).
All in all, Taylor did a decent enough job out there even though we did not win.

#4 hugostiglitz

hugostiglitz

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

"i would love to see flacco do that" yep that was one thought that came to mind seeing tyrod taylot play today.

#5 jvictory

jvictory

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

I like taylor, he would be hard 2 game plan for because he adds alot of different dimensions, u can put him in the wild cat option and he can escape the pocket with the best of them u can do so much with this guy

#6 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

Love how NFL website words their article, "Bengals rest starters in win over Ravens"......not that it matters so much, but shouldn't it read, "Ravens rest starters in close loss to Bengals?" Just always hate the biased opinions of some of their writers. Jeez, Dalton stayed in till the start of the second half, and most Ravens starters had long been out of the game by then. Anyway, glad a lot of bench-sitters got to play today, and didn't do too bad, aside from the one pick.

#7 BIGL

BIGL

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

How about Tyrod Taylor, besides that pick 6 he didn't do bad for a person thats doesn't get alot of snaps. He showed some mobility, pocket presents and knew when to through the ball away. besides the int he had a solid game along with a run in TD. Now amagine him with the starters, if flaco does not get consistent I can see the ravens goin that way

#8 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

@Raven5286...... Joe Flacco has had a couple rushing touchdowns in his 5 years here, and he is also a lot bigger than Tyrod, so I'm confused when you say you'd love to see Joe do it.

#9 rmcjacket23

rmcjacket23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,342 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

I completely disagree with most sentiments about Taylor's performance. I think if Flacco goes down, based on what I saw today, we are in big trouble.

1. Nobody will deny that his first instinct on nearly every step was to leave the pocket within approximately 2 seconds. If we are going to bash Flacco for staying in the pocket too long, we have to bash Taylor for not staying in there long enough. Whether you choose to admit it or not, most of the time when Taylor fled the pocket, there wasn't much of a rush. He just decided that once he got to about 2-3 seconds, it was time to leave.

2. The only thing anybody should have cared about when watching Taylor today was his ability to make accurate and precise throws IN THE POCKET. Why? Because that's what every single average QB in the history of the NFL is required to do. He did not do that today. I recall approximately 2 throws of greater than 10 yards down the field. He was essentially a more mobile Christian Ponder.

3. I'm not interested in seeing his running skills and his ability to get out of the pocket. I watch that in the preseason every single year. This is not new information. I want to see him stand tall in the pocket and deliver accurate throws. Nobody can watch the game film of him today and say that he impressed you in there, just like I haven't read a single person say that his accuracy was impressive.

I would be clapping my hands at his performance if he threw the ball accurately and took 5 sacks. At least I could blame that on a backup offensive line.

#10 drillem

drillem

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

The schedule we were dealt would have choked a horse. We managed to come out with a division title so I won't ever condemn this team for any losses. Considering the injuries, the schedule and coaching shake up along with overcoming losses in free agency etc this team did a super job. We get healthy and the playoffs are a whole new season. GO RAVENS!!!!!!!

#11 rmcjacket23

rmcjacket23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,342 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

jvictory
Posted
20 minutes ago
I like taylor, he would be hard 2 game plan for because he adds alot of different dimensions, u can put him in the wild cat option and he can escape the pocket with the best of them u can do so much with this guy

We can do so much with him, yet you basically said he's a gimmick QB? So he can run the wildcat?

How well has the wildcat historically worked in the NFL? And remember, there were more talented QBs running the wildcat that failed at it than Taylor.

Taylor didn't show me anything today that I didn't already know about him.

#12 drillem

drillem

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

I completely disagree with most sentiments about Taylor's performance. I think if Flacco goes down, based on what I saw today, we are in big trouble.

1. Nobody will deny that his first instinct on nearly every step was to leave the pocket within approximately 2 seconds. If we are going to bash Flacco for staying in the pocket too long, we have to bash Taylor for not staying in there long enough. Whether you choose to admit it or not, most of the time when Taylor fled the pocket, there wasn't much of a rush. He just decided that once he got to about 2-3 seconds, it was time to leave.

2. The only thing anybody should have cared about when watching Taylor today was his ability to make accurate and precise throws IN THE POCKET. Why? Because that's what every single average QB in the history of the NFL is required to do. He did not do that today. I recall approximately 2 throws of greater than 10 yards down the field. He was essentially a more mobile Christian Ponder.

3. I'm not interested in seeing his running skills and his ability to get out of the pocket. I watch that in the preseason every single year. This is not new information. I want to see him stand tall in the pocket and deliver accurate throws. Nobody can watch the game film of him today and say that he impressed you in there, just like I haven't read a single person say that his accuracy was impressive.

I would be clapping my hands at his performance if he threw the ball accurately and took 5 sacks. At least I could blame that on a backup offensive line.

You discount the fact that he was playing with second string players. If he was filling in for Flacco he would have the regulars.

#13 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,524 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

How about Tyrod Taylor, besides that pick 6 he didn't do bad for a person thats doesn't get alot of snaps. He showed some mobility, pocket presents and knew when to through the ball away. besides the int he had a solid game along with a run in TD. Now amagine him with the starters, if flaco does not get consistent I can see the ravens goin that way

well said! the man hasn't played all season. imo, that pick 6 was just a good defensive play. however, you can forget about the Ravens going his way if Flacco is inconsistent. that's not happening! they will let the ship sink with Flacco at the helm. lol! but to be honest....i really don't want that anyway. personally, i'd like to see Tyrod go to another team where he's really needed (i.e. cardinals, bills, raiders, jaguars etc.). he needs to go to a team where an owner, a franchise and coaches would invest their time and focus on building the team and offensive scheme around him. it could happen!

~Mili

Militant X 1

mili1.png

"I AM THE RENEGADE.....I HAVE NO EQUALS!"

- MX1

#14 Purple Dawg 96

Purple Dawg 96

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

I wanted a "W" and I aint gone front but, It looked and felt good watching our "Future" put in some work! Had to answer alot of whom is this and whom is that questions today from squeelers and other squads! "PRICELESS"! The menu has been written for the next few weeks and it is filled with RICE! Either the Main Course or on the Side! Lol! YUP!

#15 DarkKnight52

DarkKnight52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

Can we stop talking about Flacco for one week,,i mean Tyrod showed hes better in the following areas Pocket awareness Mobility Accuracy ,and this guy never has really Played what 2 snaps ,anyways i would design a more west coast style Play action Never thought i would say this ,but keep Flacco for the right Price only ,and Build what the Jets could not do A decent QB mixed in with a running QB ,it would lead to more creativity and with Caldwell it would give him more to work with ,did anyone see how many times Tyrod fooled not just the Bengals 2nd unit ,but 1st ,we need to Hang on to this guy ,there wont be a Huge need for him so we could keep him cheap ,most teams next year im sure will have Vick on the Radar and other veteran QB's or QB's like the backup in Washington who Filled in Great for RG3

#16 NCMan

NCMan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

I was glad to see Taylor get some playing time. I know he was playing w/backups, etc. I'm not sure he's not just another version of Troy Smith. Sorry, I just wasn't all that impressed. It was nice to see a mobile QB for a change,but it did seem like thats all he wanted to do, take off. Did he even look for a receiver on most plays? Oh well, it's a brand new season now. We got to get some guys some well deserved and needed rest. Go Ravens!!

#17 Purple Dawg 96

Purple Dawg 96

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

Tyrod, got my Vote!

#18 rmcjacket23

rmcjacket23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,342 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

drillem...

What does playing with starters have to do with accurately throwing the football? Is it easier to throw the ball accurately to Boldin than it is to Thompson?

Also, did he even attempt to throw the ball down the field? What does that have to do with playing with starters? He was also playing against second stringers on defense for the entire second half.

DarkKnight 52 legitimately said that Taylor showed more accuracy than Flacco, even though Taylor didn't make one difficult pass or even attempt barely any throws more than 10 yards down the field the entire length of the game. He thinks he has better pocket awareness because he left the pocket on nearly every play. THAT'S NOT POCKET AWARENESS. That's just being Michael Vick.

Edited by Grapple Raven, 31 December 2012 - 02:20 AM.
Profanity

#19 rmcjacket23

rmcjacket23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,342 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

Nobody can honestly watch that game and say they learned anything more about Tyrod Taylor than they already knew before the game began.

#20 a 31fan

a 31fan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

I been wantin to see McKinney back in the line up for some time now....(in one drive) false start and allowed a sack at the goal line, wow, guess he's been in the dog house for good reason. Get rid of him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users