Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ravens Leave Cincy Healthy, Rested For Playoffs

23 posts in this topic

FB Vonta Leach and OT Kelechi Osemele left the game with leg ailments, but will be ‘fine.’

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Leave-Cincy-Healthy-Rested-For-Playoffs/a6dc23e9-e728-49cd-9a84-531cdbeeea6f]View the full article[/url]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]We have got to work on the article titles around here. There for a second, I thought the headline was reporting that Cincinnati was healthy. Shoo![/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Just kidding.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Nice to hear we made it out alive and in one piece.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]This is going to be such a magical Wild-Card Round... Bragging rights for Panda... ALL YEAR!![/i][/font]

Glad the backups got some valuable experience.....good to see Ed Dickson moving around....hope Vonta and Pierce are 100%.....with them and R. Rice healthy, we'll have a doomsday backfield in the playoffs.....

Can't wait for next Sunday......Indy is over-rated and Houston is in disarray....

Ravens are now way under-rated (read: dangerous).....

We can do this.....GO RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!!!1

It wouldn't be the nfl if manning and brady didn't have home field advantage and a week off to boot. We can do it though. GO RAVENS!!!!!!

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, December 31, 2012 - Trolling · Report post

Osmelly needs to stay on the sidelines!Only if Yanda was in would it have been better! But joan hardask will have to play favorites insted of the best line. If joe boller can hold on to the ball and make 1 or 2 good decisions we might make it out of the first round,but we all know whats next!

I was a rather loud advocate for resting the key players, so I was happy to see most of them being spared.

Therefore I couldn't care less about the L.

bio

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1356921777' post='1284230']
I was a rather loud advocate for resting the key players, so I was happy to see most of them being spared.

Therefore I couldn't care less about the L.

bio
[/quote]
I felt the exact same way and I am very satisfied to hear that Vonta and K.O. are going to be ok.

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1356908448' post='1283911']
[b][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]We have got to work on the article titles around here. There for a second, I thought the headline was reporting that Cincinnati was healthy. Shoo![/i][/font][/b]

[/quote]
That is funny brother.

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1356908448' post='1283911']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]We have got to work on the article titles around here. There for a second, I thought the headline was reporting that Cincinnati was healthy. Shoo![/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Just kidding.[/i][/font]...

[/quote]
That reminds me of the old joke about the wife that sends her husband to the grocery store with a list that read, get watermellon and if they have canteloupe, get two.... So the husband comes home with 2 watermelons and no canteloupe....

Don't worry, men understand.

I am very hopeful that we can go to NE or Denver and get a win. I don't know exactly what the odds are going to be, but I imagine we'll be a good bit in the underdog role, which we always are in the playoffs anyways. Any dogs in the house that like to TRAVEL???????

I see our playoff run something like this....
Home against Colts
Away against Denver and then
AFC Championship at Home against Bengals!

I think with the Benagls momentum they can make easy work of the Texans and then grind it out in New England. And we can get a Home Field Advantage in the AFC Championship game!

Flacco and the 1st string guys had the ball for several series and did nothing. Another dud in the making ..... at least they looked like they had some life after Flacco left the game. I think they have some defensive players in the making. Also, Pierce looks like a good addition to the offense. Could be intereting going forward. But.....I see the Ravens getting hammered by the Colts .................hope not. Go Ravens.

I am cheering the "blessings" that the devastating injuries revealed on the Defensive side of the ball! We saw so many of the "kids" step up and some vets like Paul Kruger, Arthur Jones and Dannell Ellerbe emerge!

Our Secondary got stronger with Corey Graham, Omar and Chykie Brown! So many players to mention all here stepped up to "play like Ravens"!

Put that with the return of our vets Sunday and the Nation should feel comfortable that there's a "baller" poised to step up!

ADD a vibrant run game and the possibility of the "Wildcat" with T.T. and you may have the formula for Super Bowl Champions!

Great! You stink offensively 4 of 5 games. Have new OC and rest an inconsistent offense. By the way, most top teams played starting unit beyond 3rd quarter. Brady plays the entire game in a blow out.

@windew007 Learn how the playoff format works before posting shameless postseason predictions, will ya?! A home game in the AFC Championship against Cincy would be nice, sure. But suggesting we knock out Denver in the Divisional roound before hosting Cincinnati absolutely cannot happen. If Cincy beats Houston, they draw Denver. Top seed always gets the lowest remaining seed. C'mon man. Football 101...

Was Harewood inactive if he wasn't why didn't they put him at right tackle instead of Ohrer that just doesn't make sense to me

[quote name='cobrajet' timestamp='1356927086' post='1284405']
That is funny brother.
[/quote]
[quote name='slowboater' timestamp='1356930001' post='1284505']
That reminds me of the old joke about the wife that sends her husband to the grocery store with a list that read, get watermellon and if they have canteloupe, get two.... So the husband comes home with 2 watermelons and no canteloupe....

Don't worry, men understand.
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]There was the one prior to the Cincy game that read: "Ravens Focused On Finishing Strong" -- strong as in a win? or strong as in no injuries? *smh*[/i][/font]

A smart move resting the starters but concern for the offense is justified. I see opponents DCs double teaming Boldin, Torrey is one dimensional so you don't put a safety over the top behind that leaves the middle which most teams are vunerable to short passes aka Pitta, Dickerson and Leach or David Reed can do damage especially if Flacco is under duress. Ravens slow starts are common because of Torrey's deep threat and trying to establish the run. Patience is the Ravens forte but don't seem to be changeable thus predictable. Over the middle plays are dangerous but to win on the road it must be established to keep the opponents on their toes. The quick offense has been successful but we have trouble sustaining it. My prediction is a win here then we lose on the road. Sorry