Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Favorite Play of the Regular Season

89 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite moment of the regular season?

• Flacco tearing up the Bengals in week 1
    • Torrey Smith's memorable and emotional performance against NE
    • Justin Tucker's game winner vs NE
    • Jacoby Jones' 108 yd TD against the Cowboys
    • Torrey Smith's game winning touchdown against CLE
    • Dominance vs. Oakland
    • Jacoby Jones' PR TD against PIT
    • Ray Rice's "Hey diddle diddle" 4th and 29 conversion vs. SD
    • Torrey Smith's back shoulder catch to set up Tucker's game winner in SD
    • Vonta Leach lighting up Casey Hampton in loss vs. PIT
    • Pitta's two touchdowns against Denver
    • Torrey Smith's touchdown and dunk against NYG
    • Ray Rice's receiving TD vs. NYG
    • Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 posts in this topic

I did this last year and we all seemed to enjoy it so why not do it again?

I think most people will choose the 4th and 29. It's my vote as well.

I chose Torrey's game vs NE....... 2nd place would be Belichicks arm grab on the Ref after Tucker's Game winning FG.

So many to choose from!! I have coworkers that are fans of the Raiders, Cowboys and Chargers so all those wins were sweet... but I guess i'd have to choose 4th and 29 because I actually went to that game to see it :)

Agreed, Hey Diddle Diddle was incredible, but Torrey's performance after losing his brother choked me up.

I chose Torrey's performance against NE. I know the 4th and 29 was an amazing play, but to do what Torrey did after the loss of his brother...just wow. That goes above and beyond. My respect for him went through the roof after that game. Not only because of his performance, but just because he played at all.

Was it the Raiders game where we set up for field goal and then Koch ran it in for a TD? That was pretty good too... :229031_cheer:

[quote name='arnie_uk' timestamp='1356906750' post='1283855']
Joe scrambling around against the giants hitting pitta between three players.
[/quote]

That and his td to Pitta in the first Bengals game are some of my favorites, right after axing Cam. Torrey has had some amazing catches this season though.

Hey diddle diddle! Not taking anything anyway from Torrey Smith's personal triumph, but Rice had the more breathtaking [i]individual [/i]play.

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1356913546' post='1284023']
Hey diddle diddle! Not taking anything anyway from Torrey Smith's personal triumph, but Rice had the more breathtaking [i]individual [/i]play.
[/quote]
As far as a PERFORMANCE Torrey, but are we just talking about a play? 4th and 29.

Hey Diddle Diddle was spectacular and if the Ravens reach the AFCCG or the SB that'll be the star of the show, and while J-Tuck's "oh-god-he-missed-NO-IT'S-GOOD" was something that nearly gave half the Maryland population a stroke, Torrey showing up so emotionally in that huge game was my personal favorite.

As much as I loved Rice's 4th and 29 play, I couldn't vote against Torrey. Torrey's performance was about more than football, he was playing for Tevin (RIP), and the Ravens were able to rally around him and win that game. When Torrey scored his first touchdown and went down on one knee, you could just feel for him and his overall play was truly inspirational.

Ray Rice's 4th & 29 was a freak play. Was amazing to watch.

But I'd say Torrey's 2 TD just tops every game this season.

Dammit, I was going to be the one to make this thread. lol

But I'd say Torrey Smiths game, easily. Rices play was amazing but also lucky. What Torrey did was beyond amazing and I gained a tremendous amount of respect for him after that.

Hey diddle diddle?! Oh, never mind that, Smith overcame a lot more, what with the tragic loss of his brother the day before, than Rice did with the inconsistent SD defense!

[quote name='cwfRaven' timestamp='1356912067' post='1283993']
Was it the Raiders game where we set up for field goal and then Koch ran it in for a TD? That was pretty good too... :229031_cheer:
[/quote]

No that was against the Bengals (game 1).

I went with the 4th and 29, but it was so tempting to go with the Vonta Leach block on Casey Hampton just for the sheer brutal physicality of the play. You don't see possible hall-of-fame run stopping anchors annihilated by guys 60 lbs. lighter than them like that. Vonta's shoulders could crush boulders.

Torrey's performance and the 4th and 29 will probably the two things we'll remember about this regular season 10 years from now.

I'm biased because he is my favorite player, but Pitta hurdle-over-the-defender touchdown in the NE game and his awesome effort in the 4th quarter of the Denver game were pretty cool!

to be honest mine was when ray lewis made the interception in week 1 but torrey smiths was amazing after his brother passed