Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ravens Rest Key Players In Finale

23 posts in this topic

Haloti Ngata, Terrell Suggs, Ray Lewis, Anquan Boldin and Bernard Pollard are all inactive.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Rest-Key-Players-In-Finale/eeed7318-b28a-4dcc-ad52-89001076eb72]View the full article[/url]

Were gonna b ok these young guys r hungry im jus disappointed that doss is out injured i wanted to see him in boldins role i think he wouldve flourished adrian hamilton filling in for suggs cnt wait to see how we mix it up

Smart move can't afford further injuries to key guys now hopefully they just play the starters for a quarter max

IMHO a good move by the Ravens. I am still very excited to see some of the young guys play today.

Smart move, we need to get as healthy as possible. We might have the original starting D next week for the first time since last year (except webb of course). Offensively we need to play the first team for the whole game imo. We need to keep getting work with caldwell. Rest Rice, and let Pierce get some good work. Win or lose we just need to play well, and get ready for next week!!

Hopefully this also means JJ, Deonte, David Reed, Omar Brown, James Ihedigbo, KO, Geno, Upshaw, Kruger, and Hamilton will all get more playing time today - long list I know, but going into the playoffs having played a signifiant role in a somewhat meaningful game will only help the more inexperienced players, IMO.

This is going to sound a bit selfish, but I hope they keep some guys in there long enough to hit some milestones - Torrey 1000 yards, Joe 4000, Rice 1200 yards. It might be asking a bit much for Kruger to hit 10 sacks (he needs 2), but maybe 9 is reachable.

Half the board will be excited we finally get a Tyrod Taylor sighting. The other half will cringe. And it won't mean much if he play badly because the coaches have already labeled this game as "unimportant" by sitting starters so the team might not be trying hard to begin with, and he'll be playing with a bunch of back-ups too. If he plays well... well, hehehehehe

No chance Flacco and Rice play past the 1st quarter.

Most media outlets reported them at 1-2 series at most.

edreedfromtheu
Posted
14 minutes ago
Half the board will be excited we finally get a Tyrod Taylor sighting. The other half will cringe. And it won't mean much if he play badly because the coaches have already labeled this game as "unimportant" by sitting starters so the team might not be trying hard to begin with, and he'll be playing with a bunch of back-ups too. If he plays well... well, hehehehehe

You can find out a lot about Taylor today. Regardless of whether he's playing with starting WRs or not, he will be going up against an above average defense that likely will play the whole game. You can watch how accurate he is in the pocket, and how well he handles blitz looks. There are a lot of things you will be able to see from him even though he may not be playing with starters.

[quote name='rmcjacket23' timestamp='1356890553' post='1282489']
edreedfromtheu
Posted
14 minutes ago

[i][u][b]You can find out a lot about Taylor today.[/b][/u][/i] Regardless of whether he's playing with starting WRs or not, he will be going up against an above average defense that likely will play the whole game. [i][u][b]You can watch how accurate he is in the pocket, and how well he handles blitz looks. There are a lot of things you will be able to see from him even though he may not be playing with starters.[/b][/u][/i]
[/quote]

i hope so! cause he's been on the pine the entire season so i don't know how effective he'll be in 1 "meaningless" game! i hope he does well!

~Mili

[quote name='BloodRaven' timestamp='1356889381' post='1282456']
Should rest Ed Reed too.
[/quote]

He didn't play too much eiter, it seems...

bio

I have been pretty impressed with the backups, Peirce is running the ball very well. Taylor doesn't look to bad. Defense has been playing very well, im enjoying watching this game