Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Mr. Nobody

Week 17 Other Games Discussions

271 posts in this topic

let's just start a thread for this last week of the regular season too.. plenty of games today... so let's see how all develops

I have three games on my cable today at 1 today - Texans at Colts, Jets at Bills (both CBS games) and Eagles at Giants. I will be hoping that one of the CBS games is a blowout and they put the Ravens game on. It will be interesting to see how the playoff picture finally fine tunes at the end of the day. Enjoy!

[quote name='TreTheRaven' timestamp='1356888279' post='1282424']
I hope the Browns win today for some reason.
[/quote]

i know the reason... both of them lol... they're playing pitts and we want them to have a middle of the pack pick in next year's draft for once

[quote name='Free Agent' timestamp='1356892666' post='1282734']
How in the world did the Eagles beat us...

Eli's already thrown 3 TDs on them just in the first quarter.
[/quote]

replacement refs denied us a good TD that would've put us 10 points up in the forth

The Colts pull off the win over the Texans, giving both the Patriots and Broncos essentially the # 1 & 2 Seed, dropping Houston to the # 3 Seed and a game against the Bengals on Wild Card Weekend.

[quote name='Free Agent' timestamp='1356892666' post='1282734']
How in the world did the Eagles beat us...

Eli's already thrown 3 TDs on them just in the first quarter.
[/quote]Not the same Eagles team.

It's between the Bears and Vikings for the 6th and final Seed in the NFC.

The Broncos can secure the # 1 Seed with a win over the Chiefs. Patriots can secure the # 2 Seed with a win over the Dolphins.

So I have a question.

Tonight's game is win-and-in. But from what I see, if Dallas wins, they'll be tied up in the W-L column with Washington, as well as tied up in the division. But even with a loss tonight, Washington still has the better conference record at 7-5 versus a hypothetical 6-6.

So why would a Dallas win give Dallas the division? I don't understand this...

Poor Miami in NE weather. If the game was at 1, the sun was out and now the temp is dropping quickly. I need to watch some of GB at Minn.

[quote name='ratedr' timestamp='1356902192' post='1283636']
What the Giants are feeling right now

[img]http://i48.tinypic.com/25s7v61.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Hahaha that is awesome.

We've got Denver vs kc and min vs gb , I'm gonna watch to see if Peterson can break the record , it would help if they would run more and stop trying with ponder who sucks

I am going to be mad at Harbs for resting our starters if Miami pulls off the upset and him resting the starters cost us the 3 Seed.

[quote name='MissK528' timestamp='1356902795' post='1283688']
So I have a question.

Tonight's game is win-and-in. But from what I see, if Dallas wins, they'll be tied up in the W-L column with Washington, as well as tied up in the division. But even with a loss tonight, Washington still has the better conference record at 7-5 versus a hypothetical 6-6.

[/quote]

I read that Dallas would have the in division advantage with a win tonight. I am pulling for RG3 and the Skins to move on!

[quote name='MissK528' timestamp='1356902795' post='1283688']
So I have a question.

[/quote]They'd be tied for division record. Common opponents is the next tiebreaker before conference record. Dallas beats Washington with common opponents.

[quote name='Nge2grads' timestamp='1356903316' post='1283719']
I read that Dallas would have the in division advantage with a win tonight. I am pulling for RG3 and the Skins to move on!
[/quote]

How? Heading into tonight Washington is 4-1, Dallas is 3-2. If Dallas wins, they would both go to 4-2 and be tied at a divisional record. As she said, the Redskins have the better conference record which is the next tiebreaker I believe.

[quote name='ratedr' timestamp='1356903855' post='1283745']
They'd be tied for division record. Common opponents is the next tiebreaker before conference record. Dallas beats Washington with common opponents.
[/quote]

Really, who did Dallas beat that Washington didn't beat?

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1356903914' post='1283749']
How? Heading into tonight Washington is 4-1, Dallas is 3-2. If Dallas wins, they would both go to 4-2 and be tied at a divisional record. As she said, the Redskins have the better conference record which is the next tiebreaker I believe.
[/quote]

SEE?! I'm so confused...

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1356904032' post='1283759']
Really, who did Dallas beat that Washington didn't beat?
[/quote]The difference lies in the fact that Dallas went 3-1 against the AFC North while Washington went 2-2. Both teams went 2-2 against the NFC South and 3-1 against the rest of the NFC East.

Vikings playing extremely well. This will work in Seattle's favor and if San Fran loses, Seattle will jump to the # 2 Seed.