45 replies to this topic

#1 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

So I have heard a lot of people complaining about how Sergio Kindle parties a lot. Personally I have no problem with this. As long as they aren't doing anything stupid like driving home or getting into fights then there is really no issue. Players party all the time but you don't always here about it. Young guys like Kindle who aren't married nor have any kids have a lot more free time.

As long as he isn't showing up to practice drunk or late then he can do what he wants with his free time. Just because he isn't playing well doesn't mean he needs to sit in a corner and cry all night. You are only young once so let him have his fun. Going out and partying doesn't really affect his play and is very common in people and players his age who don't have families.

Edited by dhstandard, 30 December 2012 - 11:32 AM.

2yno6dx.png

#2 HaX

HaX

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

he fell down the stairs when he was drunk which arguably ruined his football career.

#3 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,608 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

Who actually reported he was drunk? Wasn't that all rumours?

#4 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,186 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

Who actually reported he was drunk? Wasn't that all rumours?

He likely was but understandably he can't remember. It's a shame, such a strong pick at the time.

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#5 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,608 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

He likely was but understandably he can't remember. It's a shame, such a strong pick at the time.

I'm sure someone would know. Was it even proved he was out that night?

I heard rumours he sleep walks as well.

#6 ooo sugahhh 52

ooo sugahhh 52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

michael irvin, lawrence taylor, and night train lane sure liked to party and it worked out for them

#7 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,623 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

I think he is just fighting too many lingering issues from that head injury to ever be the player we hoped for when we drafted him. I wish him the best, but I hate to say that I think his time is coming to a slow end here.

#8 BenMir

BenMir

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

he fell down the stairs when he was drunk which arguably ruined his football career.

What are the odds? Might as well forbid them from driving, since they might get in an accident.

#9 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

He was at home when it happened. There is no proof he was drunk as no alcohol was found in his system (which they usually test for). It's more likely than not that he wasn't drunk or it would have been proven through someone saying he was or tests. He doesn't remember because of the severity of the injury which is unerstandable. The commonly reported part was that he was sleep walking or that since it was so dark he couldn't see and tripped.

There seems like no reason he would need to go down the steps anyways.

2yno6dx.png

#10 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

What are the odds? Might as well forbid them from driving, since they might get in an accident.

This is the honest truth. These guys can't just shut down their lives. If nobody took risks we would never leave our houses. There is a line between living your life and staying safe that Kindle and most players do not cross.

Edited by dhstandard, 30 December 2012 - 11:49 AM.

2yno6dx.png

#11 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,186 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

He's diagnosed with epilepsy .

Officially.

#12 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,608 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

There we have if it, zero proof he was drunk yet some clowns say he was like Its fact, that pisses me off a hell of a lot

#13 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

Well when you get the type of idiots who DUI or beat up cops you're better off without them in the long run.

#14 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,747 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

He's diagnosed with epilepsy .

He actually has narcolepsy.
"...when Sean Taylor is in the neighborhood, you will feel him." - Al Michaels

Posted Image

ER20 takes off and then gets distracted by a debate going on...

#15 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,186 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

He actually has narcolepsy.

Whoops. Sorry about that.

Officially.

#16 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,873 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

Kindle has a history of drinking and has gotten a DUI while here, I think these guys need to learn to phone a friend or call a cab.
68f2a8.jpg

#17 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

I was about to say, someone with epilepsy playing football... you're just asking for trouble. My brother-in-law has epilepsy and he can hardly bend over, let alone run 40-yards or tackle someone at full sprint.

WE RAISE OUR HEAVY GLASS TO YOU IN OUR INDESTRUCTIBLE DAYS
login.png
MAY HEAVENS CALL TO YOU, MAY STARS ALIGN AND LIGHT YOUR WAY

#18 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

Kindle has a history of drinking and has gotten a DUI while here, I think these guys need to learn to phone a friend or call a cab.

All out of life lines.

WE RAISE OUR HEAVY GLASS TO YOU IN OUR INDESTRUCTIBLE DAYS
login.png
MAY HEAVENS CALL TO YOU, MAY STARS ALIGN AND LIGHT YOUR WAY

#19 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,571 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

He was at home when it happened. There is no proof he was drunk as no alcohol was found in his system (which they usually test for). It's more likely than not that he wasn't drunk or it would have been proven through someone saying he was or tests. He doesn't remember because of the severity of the injury which is unerstandable. The commonly reported part was that he was sleep walking or that since it was so dark he couldn't see and tripped.

There seems like no reason he would need to go down the steps anyways.

There we have if it, zero proof he was drunk yet some clowns say he was like Its fact, that pisses me off a hell of a lot

I'm not certain he was even tested for alcohol when he fell. As it did not involve driving nor any other person, he very well might not have been. As for "assuming" he was drinking when he fell, well, when you make poor decisions (and they seem to involve alcohol) that does happen.
Whether or not the fall was the result of alcohol or not, he has had more than one incident.

"Kindle, the Ravens' first draft pick in 2010, fell down a stairwell at a friend's house three days before training camp opened and suffered a skull fracture that has sidelined him for the year and jeopardized his career. He had been arrested in a drunken-driving case while in college in 2007 and crashed his car into a building in 2009, an accident he blamed on driving while sending text messages. Kindle is on the nonfootball injury list and can take part in physical therapy with the Ravens but cannot participate in football activities."

He was arrested for drunk driving after falling down those stairs where he tested for twice the legal limit.

Joe flacco picked up a fumbled ball off the ground like he just dropped the newspaper on the sidewalk by accident and flung it across the street square into the neighbor's open mailbox while being attacked by pit bulls on steroids - a Panther's fan

#20 Latch

Latch

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

I'm fine with straight partying, but hasn't Sergio gotten a DWI and had to go to some correctional facility or something? That's a little more than just partying....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users