Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dhstandard

Opinion on Partying

46 posts in this topic

So I have heard a lot of people complaining about how Sergio Kindle parties a lot. Personally I have no problem with this. As long as they aren't doing anything stupid like driving home or getting into fights then there is really no issue. Players party all the time but you don't always here about it. Young guys like Kindle who aren't married nor have any kids have a lot more free time.

As long as he isn't showing up to practice drunk or late then he can do what he wants with his free time. Just because he isn't playing well doesn't mean he needs to sit in a corner and cry all night. You are only young once so let him have his fun. Going out and partying doesn't really affect his play and is very common in people and players his age who don't have families.

he fell down the stairs when he was drunk which arguably ruined his football career.

[quote name='arnie_uk' timestamp='1356885475' post='1282351']
Who actually reported he was drunk? Wasn't that all rumours?
[/quote]
He likely was but understandably he can't remember. It's a shame, such a strong pick at the time.

[quote name='izvoodoo' timestamp='1356885693' post='1282361']

He likely was but understandably he can't remember. It's a shame, such a strong pick at the time.
[/quote]I'm sure someone would know. Was it even proved he was out that night?

I heard rumours he sleep walks as well.

I think he is just fighting too many lingering issues from that head injury to ever be the player we hoped for when we drafted him. I wish him the best, but I hate to say that I think his time is coming to a slow end here.

[quote name='HaX' timestamp='1356885225' post='1282349']
he fell down the stairs when he was drunk which arguably ruined his football career.
[/quote]
What are the odds? Might as well forbid them from driving, since they might get in an accident.

[quote name='arnie_uk' timestamp='1356885824' post='1282366']
I'm sure someone would know. Was it even proved he was out that night?

[/quote]

He was at home when it happened. There is no proof he was drunk as no alcohol was found in his system (which they usually test for). It's more likely than not that he wasn't drunk or it would have been proven through someone saying he was or tests. He doesn't remember because of the severity of the injury which is unerstandable. The commonly reported part was that he was sleep walking or that since it was so dark he couldn't see and tripped.

There seems like no reason he would need to go down the steps anyways.

[quote name='BenMir' timestamp='1356886064' post='1282373']
What are the odds? Might as well forbid them from driving, since they might get in an accident.
[/quote]

This is the honest truth. These guys can't just shut down their lives. If nobody took risks we would never leave our houses. There is a line between living your life and staying safe that Kindle and most players do not cross.

[quote name='arnie_uk' timestamp='1356885824' post='1282366']
I'm sure someone would know. Was it even proved he was out that night?

[/quote]
He's diagnosed with epilepsy .

There we have if it, zero proof he was drunk yet some clowns say he was like Its fact, that pisses me off a hell of a lot

Well when you get the type of idiots who DUI or beat up cops you're better off without them in the long run.

[quote name='izvoodoo' timestamp='1356886232' post='1282381']
[/quote]

He actually has [url="http://www.sbnation.com/2010/7/28/1593443/mack-brown-sergio-kindle-narcolepsy"]narcolepsy[/url].

[quote name='Ed_Reed20' timestamp='1356887938' post='1282412']
He actually has [url="http://www.sbnation.com/2010/7/28/1593443/mack-brown-sergio-kindle-narcolepsy"]narcolepsy[/url].
[/quote]
Whoops. Sorry about that.

Kindle has a history of drinking and has gotten a DUI while here, I think these guys need to learn to phone a friend or call a cab.

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]I was about to say, someone with epilepsy playing football... you're just asking for trouble. My brother-in-law has epilepsy and he can hardly bend over, let alone run 40-yards or tackle someone at full sprint.[/i][/font]

[quote name='Moderator 2' timestamp='1356888343' post='1282430']
Kindle has a history of drinking and has gotten a DUI while here, I think these guys need to learn to phone a friend or call a cab.
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]All out of life lines.[/i][/font]

[quote name='dhstandard' timestamp='1356886072' post='1282374']
He was at home when it happened. There is no proof he was drunk as no alcohol was found in his system (which they usually test for). It's more likely than not that he wasn't drunk or it would have been proven through someone saying he was or tests. He doesn't remember because of the severity of the injury which is unerstandable. The commonly reported part was that he was sleep walking or that since it was so dark he couldn't see and tripped.

There seems like no reason he would need to go down the steps anyways.
[/quote]
[quote name='arnie_uk' timestamp='1356886637' post='1282387']
There we have if it, zero proof he was drunk yet some clowns say he was like Its fact, that pisses me off a hell of a lot
[/quote]

I'm not certain he was even tested for alcohol when he fell. As it did not involve driving nor any other person, he very well might not have been. As for "assuming" he was drinking when he fell, well, when you make poor decisions (and they seem to involve alcohol) that does happen.
Whether or not the fall was the result of alcohol or not, he has had more than one incident.

"Kindle, the Ravens' first draft pick in 2010, fell down a stairwell at a friend's house three days before training camp opened and suffered a skull fracture that has sidelined him for the year and jeopardized his career. He had been arrested in a drunken-driving case while in college in 2007 and crashed his car into a building in 2009, an accident he blamed on driving while sending text messages. Kindle is on the nonfootball injury list and can take part in physical therapy with the Ravens but cannot participate in football activities."

He was arrested for drunk driving after falling down those stairs where he tested for twice the legal limit.

I'm fine with straight partying, but hasn't Sergio gotten a DWI and had to go to some correctional facility or something? That's a little more than just partying....

[quote name='dhstandard' timestamp='1356885081' post='1282347']
So I have heard a lot of people complaining about how Sergio Kindle parties a lot. Personally I have no problem with this. As long as they aren't doing anything stupid like driving home or getting into fights then there is really no issue. Players party all the time but you don't always here about it. Young guys like Kindle who aren't married nor have any kids have a lot more free time.

As long as he isn't showing up to practice drunk or late then he can do what he wants with his free time. Just because he isn't playing well doesn't mean he needs to sit in a corner and cry all night. You are only young once so let him have his fun. Going out and partying doesn't really affect his play and is very common in people and players his age who don't have families.
[/quote]

Not sure the point of this post. I have no idea what Kindle does on his spare time and quite frankly I don't care. Plus no one can ever know for sure how much his personal life choices affect his play. All I know is he's a been a huge bust so far. A 2nd rounder had been totally wasted. Kindle can't even get on the field in a year when our D is down so many players.

I don't care what a player does off the field, provided it doesn't affect the way they play.

For example, I follow Newcastle in the English Premier League and I don't have a problem with the muslims fasting for Ramadan. If their diet prevents their ability to play at full capacity, it's up to the manager to do what's best for the team and up to them to decide whether being potentially benched is worth sticking to their beliefs.

For me, there's no difference between fasting for religious reasons, getting absolutely trolleyed on a Friday night (even if it is just speculation, my point remains) or walking down the main street chanting about the end of the world. It's all a personal thing and it's not my place to judge what they do unless it affects the product I buy.

Dude should be cut. He's worthless as a football player, and has had multiple DUI's. try doing that in the real world and keeping your job.

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1356888557' post='1282433']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]I was about to say, someone with epilepsy playing football... you're just asking for trouble. My brother-in-law has epilepsy and he can hardly bend over, let alone run 40-yards or tackle someone at full sprint.[/i][/font]
[/quote]

Samari Rolle was actually diagnosed with epilepsy and played through it.

[quote name='rmw10' timestamp='1356907987' post='1283894']
Samari Rolle was actually diagnosed with epilepsy and played through it.
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]No shiz? Well, Mr. Rolle... you just joined Anquan Boldin on my list of "BA MFs".[/i][/font]

With the exception of Ray, they're human beings, not machines. We can't expect them to not party.

[quote name='dhstandard' timestamp='1356885081' post='1282347']

[/quote]

Let me guess. You are under the age of 27 right.

This whole "you are only young once " and "YOLO " trend, wile certainly nothing new, does carry potentially dangerous consequences.

The clause " As long as you dont... " is too weak. Drugs and alcohol effect your ability to make good decisions.
The Dallas cowboys recently suffered two huge tragic losses due to partying. I dont believe for a second that the intention was ever to kill a person much less drive drunk, but again with decision making being impaired the end result is with out excuse.
Its more than drinking and driving, its unwanted pregnancy, its legal issues, its mental and health concerns. Say a player has a party at his house and there are underage people there, now you have a player risking incarceration, because " you are only young once."

Dont get me wrong. It wasnt THAT long ago I was young, but the lessons I learned THEN formulate my opinion today. I get it. I really do.
At the very least though its a professional issue, monetary, I have invested $$$ into your life for the next XYZ years, this investment warrants X results. Your decisions DO effect X results.
At the very most its a social issue. People need to act responsibly. When they dont there are negative consequences.
As my friend says
"Consequences of decisions is a law all must face "

[quote name='izvoodoo' timestamp='1356886232' post='1282381']

[/quote]

[/quote][quote name='izvoodoo' timestamp='1356886232' post='1282381']

[/quote]

[/quote]

So he's good at the club when the strobe lights come on, but he may fall asleep talking to a babe.

Seriously. As long as any player isn't doing something that affects his performance or breaking the law, who gives a rat's butt.

[quote name='Inqui' timestamp='1356903596' post='1283732']
I don't care what a player does off the field, provided it doesn't affect the way they play.

For example, [b]I follow Newcastle in the English Premier League[/b] and I don't have a problem with the muslims fasting for Ramadan. If their diet prevents their ability to play at full capacity, it's up to the manager to do what's best for the team and up to them to decide whether being potentially benched is worth sticking to their beliefs.

For me, there's no difference between fasting for religious reasons, getting absolutely trolleyed on a Friday night (even if it is just speculation, my point remains) or walking down the main street chanting about the end of the world. It's all a personal thing and it's not my place to judge what they do unless it affects the product I buy.
[/quote]

Poor choice, Cisse hasn't been too hot this year mind ;).