62 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,580 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

With the playoffs looming, the Ravens still want to end the regular season on a high note.

View the full article

#2 CxM_27

CxM_27

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

Birk - Atkins : i think Atkins will win that matchup.
Cary - AJ : I just hope Cary doesnt blow this one & allow over 100YDS
RB's - Burfict : I really hoped Burfict would be a Raven but, hes not .. but itll be interesting

#3 CxM_27

CxM_27

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

1. Ithink some starters should be rested
2. We need Ray to have big games from tomorrow til' the SuperBowl
3. Like Ray the offense needs to stay hot until' the superbowl.. It starts with the OL

#4 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

Starters need to reach their milestones as quickly as possible and then ride the bench. Back-ups should play the second half. I don't see any reason for us to kill ourselves trying to win a meaningless ballgame, but our starters should play at least a half.

WE RAISE OUR HEAVY GLASS TO YOU IN OUR INDESTRUCTIBLE DAYS
login.png
MAY HEAVENS CALL TO YOU, MAY STARS ALIGN AND LIGHT YOUR WAY

#5 Popeye the sailor man

Popeye the sailor man

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

If the Ravens play like they played against the Giants then they're unbeatable although I would like to rest the starters some

#6 baltravens

baltravens

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

Reaching a milestone sounds great, but what if a starter or even two goes down and gets injured? I recommend not playing the what-if game, and rest players for the playoffs.

#7 Purple Dawg 96

Purple Dawg 96

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

Dont try to make the bungles look to bad, so just let Joe play with the "Next Man Ups" and let them get some snaps! Pierce, Allen, yes I said Allen, Doss, Williams, Thompson etc! "Conceited Im Not but Convinced I Am"! Caldwell got me PUMPED!

#8 n#7

n#7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

Approach the game as a last preseason contest. If past is precedence then the Raven's should come out smoking, as they did in their first game against the Bengals this year.Might be wishful thinking but it's worth a try.

#9 NorwayLovesRavens

NorwayLovesRavens

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

Come out guns-a-blazing and grab an early big lead ...

Then rest everyone and put in 2nd & 3rd string players
for clean-up duty to get some real live playing time
against the opposing starters!

Just win baby!

#10 singin1

singin1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

Just get the win to keep the momentum alive! GO RAVENS!!! I love how the NFL network is on every other team's jock and the Ravens get no love. Can't wait to hear them when the Ravens take it all!!

#11 raven5286

raven5286

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

Do not forget to give Tyrod a few snaps. Maybe give him the second half to close it out for us

#12 NCMan

NCMan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

I really couldn't care less what the Ravens do, as far as resting, winning, etc tomorrow. Hope they win,but being as healthy as possible and in the best position to advance in the Playoffs is all that matters, in my opinion. They'll do what's best for the team. What I hope for, is first, a win. Second, that we do get to have some backups see some game action, especially Taylor. If Flacco ever goes down (hope never), Taylor should have some game experience. It's invaluable. We've been beat by a couple backup QB's this year. I hope if the need ever arises for Taylor, he'd be ready. Plus, we'd get to see if he is capable. Only one way to find out....

#13 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

Wish we could have picked up Burfict. Upshaw has been very quiet lately.

#14 Predator

Predator

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

Won to play. Play to win. On behalf of Cincinnati Bengals fans everywhere, we welcome the AFC North Champion Baltimore Ravens to our sold-out house at Paul Brown Stadium. Let the game begin!

#15 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

Lock the gates, the Champion is here!!!

#"Ball so Hard"

#16 ravenstime

ravenstime

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

The Headline: 'Focused On Finishing Strong.' I say the most favorable match-up for us is if we lose to Cincy, this week. Maybe we'll see about what kind of game it is (how it's going) this week, but Cincy would rather play Baltimore than NE. for sure, and NE would rather play Indy than Cincy. Which means, that Cincy wants us to win and NE wants us to win so we'd play Cincy - an easier game for Cincy (then vs. Pats). We should lose, then we'd have the most favoraBULL playoff path: vs. Indy. then vs. Hous. I don't think we want NE.'s path as much, which is Cincy, and then Denv., from what I've heard here. Either way, Cincy (according to the preview video) is 2nd in the league with 47 sacks. I say, welcome to NE 8 days from now, Cincy!

#17 The Beak

The Beak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

Just can't wait to watch our Ravens no matter who is out there, I would love to see Doss and Pierce light up the Bungles! (Wink)

#18 4evermore23

4evermore23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

Adrian hamilton and omar brown are gonna go off ya the bengals got burfict but we got 2 studs

#19 BmoreB

BmoreB

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

All week I've been concerned about the seeding, potential this and potential that. Bottom line is this:

1. We have a home playoff game and I don't care who it's against
2. We are battle tested and built for this run
3. Even though the Giants game was just one game removed from a 3 game skid, I and I'm sure most Ravens fans can feel this thing coming together
4. Can't wait for tomorrow evening to find out who our first playoff victim will be

Go Ravens !!!

#20 wwwski44

wwwski44

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

hey what was rocky manegers favor words when rock was not sure to fight i think he said win right and that is what the ravens are going to do win out right if flacco has his plays in he will get in a rythom and it is lights out stats dont really matter now any way are d has been playing alot better sence the houston game and for them 3 loses in a row it was on joeand he knows that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users