Upcoming Events:  Lil Ravens Camp      Training Camp Stadium Practices      Movie Night   

Watch Training Camp LIVE Thursday at 8:30 am ET

Ravens training camp kicks off Thursday & we're bringing the action directly to you! News, analysis, giveaways and more! More info »
Close

Photo

[News] Would Patriots Lose To Get No. 4 Seed?

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,791 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

New England could dictate all AFC wild-card matchups with a loss and Ravens’ victory.

View the full article

#2 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

short answer is No!... long answer is they still got a chance to be 1st or 2nd seed and get a bye week so again No!... well there you have it

#3 Nevermore.

Nevermore.

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

If it came down to it, next Tom Brady would much rather be at home wearings his Uggs and snuggling up with Gisele than playing a first round playoff game.

#4 ravensforsb

ravensforsb

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

Idk Would they...??? I mean it would be cool if they lose but its a two part thing would the Texans lose to get the 2nd seed?? Then I would be satisfied

#5 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

No way would they miss a chance to move up in the playoffs instead of down. Not even Brady and Belichick are that idiotic.

I'm a mama of three boys. Nothing scares or disgusts me anymore. 

#6 reedlookalike15

reedlookalike15

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

Ravens better win! Period! I will be rooting for the 'phins! NE can upset both of the tops seed. Ravens can beat the Broncos and or Texans. Meaning AFC championship game round 2 Pats vs Ravens in B-More!! Ravens need to be as explosive when they played the G-men.

#7 Bernie Mc1953

Bernie Mc1953

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

Really it does matter to me who we play , my hope if i had one would be to play the Bangals. we have there number so why not. then we move up to the SEXANS OR PATS no matter after the first one so forget the seed thing I want the Bangals.

#8 Cyphate

Cyphate

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

Its likely that if the Ravens win the Pats will throw the game, the pats play at 4 so they will know all the results and whether its possible for them to move up, and if everyone wins out nobody wants to play the broncos, period. Its smarter for the Ravens to take the week off and go in 4th, it'll give backups valuable play tine and people like ngata, boldin and reed a week to get healthy

#9 Stephenjr

Stephenjr

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

I noticed that The Pats always seem to get the easiest schedule every year!! No team in there division has a winning record.The Ravens on the other hand always have a very difficult schedule,partly because we have such a tough division.In the new Madden, the Ravens are rated an 86,and the Pats are rated a 90.I don't see how they are making there grades. We beat the Pats,and are only one game behind them.Also we have the tougher schedule and division!! If we were in there shoes we would probably be 14 and 1.Just wanted to show how people disrespect Bmore,and jump on the popular teams sacks!! Madden is a joke!!!

#10 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

I don't want to see the Pats pick the easy way to the Superbowl. Let's lose on purpose so they have to face Cincy and then Houston or Denver, rather than a lesser squad. I'd feel more comfortable going against Andrew (I like to throw picks) Luck, than Andy (I have no soul because I'm a ginger) Dalton.

#11 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

i think while they still have a chance to snatch a one or two seed they won't throw anything a bye week is very inticing this late in the year esp if the texans continue to implode and play badly .

#12 The Voice

The Voice

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

The only team who loses on purpose is the Colts!

#13 88keys

88keys

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

If you're suggesting that they might "throw the game", that is doubtful and far fetched.
Also, it would be a hard sell to make that look right. Maybe even harder than simply playing normal and winning. They are a good football team but I doubt that they have the talent to choreograph such an academy award winning acting feat.

#14 arizonaravensfan

arizonaravensfan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

Don't kid yourself , the Ravens want the 4th seed and they'll do what they have to do to get it!

#15 88keys

88keys

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

Also, reedlookalike15 has the right answer. The Ravens just need to win.
Four game winning streak and we hoist the Lombardi. That's waht reallt matters here regardless of what the Pats do.

#16 TheRavenNest

TheRavenNest

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

Who cares what they do at this point.. This is all a new season now...whoever they shall put in front of us will be handled as they should be !!! "Welcome to the Post-Season Football, Ya'all"!!

#17 omar586

omar586

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

careful what u wish for

#18 Ravenfanatic22

Ravenfanatic22

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

exactly why i dont play madden franchise series!! they always on steelers n patriots ball sacks!!

#19 NCMan

NCMan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

All very interesting stuff. Also interesting is the fact that the NFL just recently moved the Patsies game back to a late game. Hmmmmm......

#20 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,597 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

The sad part is??? I can actually see the Patriots doing something like this, regardless of what Bellichek says. It wouldn't be far-fetched at all. Texans have lost of late, and the Broncos are on fire... It's not likely that the Patriots would take those seedings... but if they could play a lower caliber team to advance, I believe they would.

Edited by The Mom Gene, 29 December 2012 - 01:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users