Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Adrian Hamilton's Finally Getting His Chance

53 posts in this topic

LB Adrian Hamilton endured school transfers and being cut as an undrafted rookie.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Adrian-Hamiltons-Finally-Getting-His-Chance-/e11d2325-3fdc-45f9-ab3a-0623d5bf7e2f]View the full article[/url]

That was bad news for Kindle. I think the kid is done. From what I hear he parties and has a poor work ethic. Hamilton will be a stud. You can bet money on that. IF we dont resign Kruger , he could be the next OLB to step up.

These player are what you call the diamonds in the rough, they can be a so-so player in College and if given the chance can be a holy terror in the NFL

Can't wait to see his career unfold. Hopefully this is our James Harrison story in the making.

I dont expect him to get a sack or multiple ones his first time on defense but i think with time .. He will be a guy other teams will fear

Well they'll almost certainly sit Suggs, and McClellan is questionable, which leaves Hamilton just behind Upshaw and Kruger, right? Ever since we signed him I've been dying to see this guy get his chance. He has all the tools to be a stud.

I would rest Suggs, Ngata, Birk, Reed, and Yanda. This is a game that is meaningless in the standings. Turn Hamilton loose and let him hunt.

Adrian is gonna get a sack gurantee is we have been doing good at getting pressure on the qb at times especially if suggs play hamilton will get his sack he cant be played 1 on 1

I was excited to watch this guy, now im more excited to watch him on defense. Hopefully he turns into a james Harrison, except he stays with baltimore.....

If he is going to be a starter against Cincinnati I feel 100% confident. Hamilton and Omar Brown are a pair of taltented undrafted rookies and I think if they start sundays game, they are going to show what their made of plus after the Giants game I feel alot more confident in Chykie Brown too.

[quote name='TorryGundy' timestamp='1356796235' post='1281688']
That was bad news for Kindle. I think the kid is done. From what I hear he parties and has a poor work ethic. Hamilton will be a stud. You can bet money on that. IF we dont resign Kruger , he could be the next OLB to step up.
[/quote] We have to resign Kruger, but maybe as just a pass rusher. Hopfully this guy can build his game for a 4 down player

Its an awesome thing isn't it? It is what makes the ravens forever beast. Bringing in players that are new to the game, and actually letting them start and get a feeling of the game so when big names are not playing they will fill in like nothing has happened!!

he's a Harrison clone, some players will play lights out when they're on spot light but don't show it in practice.

Hopefully he can complement Kruger and Suggs when one of them is not on the field. Good for him making his way up this far into the actual roster.

Hamilton and a lot of guys have really really impressed me be it defense special teams or offense. they have all stepped up and i am very impressed.with that said lets go win a CHAMPIONSHIP.

Good for him and the Ravens if he makes the team next year. We need this type of player, and with all the money decisions the Ravens have to make this off season it might be nice to get a decent player for the least amount of money possible for now. Flacco, Reed, Williams to name a few. I wouldn't want to be the one making those decision.

Adrian made a very good special teams tackle at the start of last weeks game.I think he knows how to play like a Raven.Omar Brown got his first NFL sack last week also.One of these guys or both,will blow up next season.

[quote name='Bernie Mc1953' timestamp='1356802855' post='1281770']
Hamilton and a lot of guys have really really impressed me be it defense special teams or offense. they have all stepped up and i am very impressed.with that said lets go win a CHAMPIONSHIP.
[/quote]
Corey Graham and James Ihedigbo also !

Like always, next man up - glad that we have so much talent not only 53 man but also the practice squad guys. Awesome organisation!

I love to hear success stories like this. The best part about it is that we've found another way to make our team better.

Good smack, Adrian. Good luck, go get em', and MOST importantly- PLAY LIKE A RAVEN !

been waitin for this guy to get his chance. hes gonna be a break out defender in the playoffs this year if he gets his snaps

Kruger, Hamilton, Upshaw, and Omar Brown for years to come. We%u2019re slowly rebuilding and getting back to our dominant defense ways

I remember when a lot of people where calling kruger a bust and saying he wouldnt be able to fill the shoes of johnson when he left but now look at him he is the ravens most consistent pass rusher and now everyone is on the kruger band wagon

[quote name='The Greek' timestamp='1356802803' post='1281769']
kruger isnt going anywhere
[/quote]

He shouldn't either, I think kruger has had a solid season. He has what 8.5 sacks or 8? If you notice, he really lit up when other players started helping him out. He will be a solid player for awhile

I jumped up and down literally when we drafted Paul Kruger I saw something special in him in his Utah days and I always knew he would be good!

Man I should be a scout of something!

As for Adrian Hamilton, we can not have another James Harrison situation or else it would be a travesty!

Adrian Hamilton gets his chance the rest will be history!

Upshaw, Kruger, Hamilton, Pollard, Webb, Brown, and Suggs: Can I say the second coming of the 2000 defense?

[quote name='J.O.14' timestamp='1356829288' post='1282039']

He shouldn't either, I think kruger has had a solid season. He has what 8.5 sacks or 8? If you notice, he really lit up when other players started helping him out. He will be a solid player for awhile
[/quote]
Should be 9 if not for that blown call by the refs when he stripped Eli.

our DEFENSE appears to have ALOT of promise !
Hats off to the second and third stringers for filling in the ranks VERY commendably; awesome job, to date ! Keep up the great, hard work. Go get em' ! PLAY LIKE A RAVEN !

Young guys like this is why the Ravens never seem to rebuild, just reload. Hamilton, McAdoo, Kruger, Upshaw, Elllerbe, Bynes, McClellan, Carr, Cook, Thompson, Jackson, Brown, Brown, Mcphee, Jones, Tyson, Hall and Kindle are all young guys with talent.

Now all of these young guys won't make it, but just to have the competition for playing time is huge. Let's be honest, whether it's this year or not, Ray and Ed are on they're way out. There will never be another Ray or Ed, but it's exciting to see these young guys stepping up.

I think Dean Pees will be around for a while andd these guys will be able to develop. I think the Ravens are about to be a Dynasty and these young guys will be the core on defense. I'm interested to know who will be the next wave of pro bowlers and Stud defenders for the Ravens.

Man i didn't even mention Webb and Jimmy among the young guys.

It's funny how Harbaugh always talks about developing players,yet he can't come up with a solid offensive line and/or a consistent line-up[unit],week to week he keeps searching for the 'Best Five',then changes his mind the following week,looking for something he has no definition of;granted this may spur competition,it does nothing for continuity!

[quote name='wrm#1' timestamp='1356853612' post='1282204']
It's funny how Harbaugh always talks about developing players,yet he can't come up with a solid offensive line and/or a consistent line-up[unit],week to week he keeps searching for the 'Best Five',then changes his mind the following week,looking for something he has no definition of;granted this may spur competition,it does nothing for continuity!
[/quote]
You'd change your mind too if your offensive line played poorly for most of the year. The Ravens have had holes in many positions of both sides of the ball..... O-LIne being one of them.
Is it Oz's or Harb's fault the O-LIne is so poor? We'll see how good Oz is this off-season as we desperately need LT, probably a center and even an RT. Ose will play somewhere but who's to play LT. You're correct that Harbs is ultimately responsible but I would agree with John and "change" my mind as few besides Marshall and Ose have shown they belong.

Folks... we are still banged up on the D side. We HAVE to use our back ups. And the potential of these players looks good and is exciting for the future. But they have to step it up for the Play-offs and a Festivus run !!

Go Ravens ! Festivus here we come.

I have a really good feeling about Hamilton & was very excited when we acquired his services from the Cowboys, This guy is definitely in our long term plans, Hamilton's potential pass rushing skills are something frightening. Let's coach'em up & get out there on the field A.S.A.P.

Let's Go Ravens !!

This guy has some real potential to become something big, with a bit of good coaching. Hopefully he can show us what he can do on defense today vs the Bengals. Definitely would be nice to have another pass rusher to rely on during the playoffs.

Good for him. Id love to see him develop into a great pass rusher for us, he has the physical tools for sure.

Where is Prairie View A&M!? Well it's the place that produced Ken Houston, member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame and record holder for the most pick-6's in one season in NFL history, Jim Kearny member of the KC Chiefs and co-record holder for the most pick-6's in one season in NFL history,and Otis Taylor, one of the heroes for Kansas City in Super Bowl IV. Before it's over you will be bowing down to Mr. Hamilton and singing Prairie View's school song...

It's a long road from Praire View A&M to the NFL but Adrian Hamilton has made it for the momennt. It's as if he's had no formal training a(college) could have provided him, now the basics and a scary playbook he'll have to absorb while being that bubble guy who a team carries just on potential. Next year without Lewis which is good and bad for him. He'll have to learn where to be on the field without Ray's teachings but a spot will open up for the 6'3 261 lb LB. I see many changes for 2013 such as rebuilding the Defense and moving players around like KO at 6'5 could he be our future LT and how will McBean and Jimmy Smith do on defense. Most of all is the potential of the offense which is predictable. I see us looking for a tall,strong and fast WR like Dwayne Bowe. Inevitably, it comes down to a teams chemistry and injuries. Although, we have had a nice run making the playoffs we still haven't improved our replacement players. We seem to be at a standstill while getting older.