Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Eisenberg: Ravens Still Look Up To Steelers In One Way

43 posts in this topic

Even with consecutive division titles, Baltimore hasn't matched Pittsburgh’s playoff success.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Eisenberg-Ravens-Still-Look-Up-To-Steelers-In-One-Way/80e3e2dd-672e-4df5-9538-ca99299ffe1a]View the full article[/url]

still, we've been looking down to them in so many other ways in the last couple of years... 3-1 in games won... further into the playoffs we've gone... putting a positive on the rivalry keeps things into proportion... and this year we'll get a ring closer too

Yes, it would be nice to see the Ravens sync it up. I haven't been an intense fan for very long, and so I would love to see us make the Super Bowl and win it. 2000 seems like a very long time ago. Who knows, our time could be right around the corner.

I like to believe that our Super Bowl ring is right at arms length we just have to reach out and get it

5 Straight Years in the Playoffs. Harbaugh better not turn into Andy Reid. We've been so close before. I like the position were in as the overlooked underdog. Get healthy this week and get ready to bury Indy in the turf. Home playoff games are amazing. At least we get one this year.

Maybe I'm still just ridin the high of last week but I cant believe what a difference a change in O.C. made. Flacco was on point, the O-line outstanding, the run game had a field day, the receivers were open, ect... Assuming that trend continues, I cant help but wonder how many rings we could have collected had we canned Cam a long time ago.

How about we even the score a bit more and bring home another trophy. The Steelers games will now be broadcast on the history channel due to the number of fans always living in the past.

a 31fan, I clicked on your post. At the same time, I never called for Cam's dismissal because it is hard to win games in the NFL. HOWEVER, the team appeared to be disheartened and beaten with a porous O line, lazy tackling and very little overall energy. Combine the rumors of a locker room revolt and it really appears that they had just had about enough of Cam guiding their futures. The last game was an entirely new Ravens team from my perspective. Joe had lots of time in the pocket, receivers got loose and made mad plays, the tackling was crisp and we got to the QB over and over. If they can keep that up for just a few more games.............

All the Steelers had left was Ben and now it looks like Ben is on the downside of his career. Could be years before the Steelers recover. Nice thought for Raven fans! Happy New Year and enjoy the playoff ride!

One thing both teams have in common is insane fans. I've lived in both cities and been witness to the insanity the fans have for their team in both cities. The one thing the steelers have is that yellow towel thing waving in all venues where they play. It's a symbol that their fans are always present for them. I know the Ravens have fans wherever they go as well but don't get the attention those yellow towels create. It makes a difference. We need a blatant symbol too. Let the world know we love our team everywhere. Get in the other teams face even when we play in their stadium. GO RAVENS!!!

As much as I'd love to see Roethlisberger go away, I think it's way too early to say he's on the "downside." He had a below average season full of injuries, no run game, and a new OC who he clearly didn't see eye-to-eye with. He's still only 30 years old. Brady is 36 and Manning is 38. Roethlisberger is still a dangerous QB and most likely will be for several years more.

Sure we have Spittsburgh on our thoughts as far as winning the big show, but it is not like we are not trying. the harder this team play the sooner they will get to the show. right now seems to me the Ravens are hungry and if they want it bad they have to play like they want it. I BELIEVE THEY ARE READY .

Pitsburgh lost to Denver in the playoffs last year. They didn't make the playoffs this year. That sounds like 2 years in a row that we are better than the sqeelers in the playoffs.

I will always love pittsburgh for one reason. They give is a great rival to despise.... Unlike Browns..... who just suck desite having top 10 picks every other year.

No one is taking anything from the Steelers, but we do have our sights focused on what we need to do. When it comes down to it, the past doesn't really matter. This season is what matters, especially in the NFL when rosters change constantly.

Right about now- its ALL ABOUT the NEXT Sunday. Obviously, thePitts-burgh does NOT have one (the playoffs)and that sits pretty dag gone well with me.
As long as the Squeelers are willing to fall back on the" well we have OUR 6 Super Bowl rings, and you have ?" mentality- they ALL can kiss my.....and their rings.
GO RAVENS !

The Ravens have won the division title for two straight years and also [u][i][b]earned five straight trips to the playoffs, the NFL's longest active streak[/b][/i][/u].

^ imo, all of that means absolutely NOTHING until the Ravens win a Superbowl!

~Mili

Cant keep looking up at someone when they will be below you in the standings, from now on! Lol! The squeelers got lucky and one of their SBs should be the Ravens but, Cam gave it away! And, Lee Evans dropped another! Thats two in my eyes and could be another one this year and the next! "The Future is Ours" the "Warriors"!

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]The squeelers have 6 Lombardi Trophies, more than any other NFL team. Even if you combine all of the football championships the city of Baltimore has won, i.e. Colts, Stallions and Ravens, the squeelers are still tops. As bad as I hate for the Ravens to lose to them or any AFC North team, you have to give that franchise credit and respect for their accomplishments. The rivalry is second to none and the games against the squeelers are always exciting; can’t ask for much more except smashing them every time we play. There seems to be a changing of the guard in the AFC North and it has been a truly monumental task. I believe we, the Ravens, are the class of the AFC North right now [font=Calibri][color="#000000"](the bungles are very competitive also)[/color][/font] but we need to win the SB to be truly legit. The NFC has won 4 out of the last 5 SBs with the squeelers being the loan AFC SB champs. That suggests the NFC has been the stronger conference recently but it is time for that to change; the pendulum will swing the other way and we should be in the hunt for several years with the core group we have. I look for the Ravens to be very competitive and continue the playoff streak and AFC North champions for the next few years, especially if we can reload our LB corps with some game changers. It would be story book to send Ray Lewis and Ed Reed into retirement as SB champions and back fill their positions with some studs to maintain our dominance but competition is tough. First we have to win the AFC and represent in the SB. I like what the FO has done to bring in fresh talent and hopefully the coaching staff will develop the talent into Ravens so we can continue our winning tradition and hopefully some championships to defend!![/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]Time to smash some bungles!![/size][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Eisenberg, you disappoint me... almost on a regular basis.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]As if we Ravens fans want to hear about the Steelers and their "six rings" from one of our columnists. It's bad enough having to hear it from their fans.[/i][/font]