42 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,575 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:27 AM

Even with consecutive division titles, Baltimore hasn't matched Pittsburgh’s playoff success.

View the full article

#2 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

still, we've been looking down to them in so many other ways in the last couple of years... 3-1 in games won... further into the playoffs we've gone... putting a positive on the rivalry keeps things into proportion... and this year we'll get a ring closer too

Edited by horus13corvineus, 29 December 2012 - 09:47 AM.

#3 catgirl54

catgirl54

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

Yes, it would be nice to see the Ravens sync it up. I haven't been an intense fan for very long, and so I would love to see us make the Super Bowl and win it. 2000 seems like a very long time ago. Who knows, our time could be right around the corner.

#4 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

Yeesh. 22 years. Makes me thankful to be a Ravens fan.

#5 Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

I like to believe that our Super Bowl ring is right at arms length we just have to reach out and get it

#6 jravens13

jravens13

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

5 Straight Years in the Playoffs. Harbaugh better not turn into Andy Reid. We've been so close before. I like the position were in as the overlooked underdog. Get healthy this week and get ready to bury Indy in the turf. Home playoff games are amazing. At least we get one this year.

#7 a 31fan

a 31fan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

Maybe I'm still just ridin the high of last week but I cant believe what a difference a change in O.C. made. Flacco was on point, the O-line outstanding, the run game had a field day, the receivers were open, ect... Assuming that trend continues, I cant help but wonder how many rings we could have collected had we canned Cam a long time ago.

#8 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

we need that title so go get it and bring it back to bmore

#9 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

How about we even the score a bit more and bring home another trophy. The Steelers games will now be broadcast on the history channel due to the number of fans always living in the past.

#10 KidNme

KidNme

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

@ D3x3001, That "History channel" comment was funny!

#11 Bill Mueller

Bill Mueller

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

a 31fan, I clicked on your post. At the same time, I never called for Cam's dismissal because it is hard to win games in the NFL. HOWEVER, the team appeared to be disheartened and beaten with a porous O line, lazy tackling and very little overall energy. Combine the rumors of a locker room revolt and it really appears that they had just had about enough of Cam guiding their futures. The last game was an entirely new Ravens team from my perspective. Joe had lots of time in the pocket, receivers got loose and made mad plays, the tackling was crisp and we got to the QB over and over. If they can keep that up for just a few more games.............

#12 Bill Mueller

Bill Mueller

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

Oh and yes, Steelers who?

#13 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,353 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

Steelers will be watching us come playoff time, period.

#14 BaltimoreBoy92

BaltimoreBoy92

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

Two years ago the Steelers won two of the three match-ups, not all three.

#15 PaPaJim

PaPaJim

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

All the Steelers had left was Ben and now it looks like Ben is on the downside of his career. Could be years before the Steelers recover. Nice thought for Raven fans! Happy New Year and enjoy the playoff ride!

#16 drillem

drillem

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

One thing both teams have in common is insane fans. I've lived in both cities and been witness to the insanity the fans have for their team in both cities. The one thing the steelers have is that yellow towel thing waving in all venues where they play. It's a symbol that their fans are always present for them. I know the Ravens have fans wherever they go as well but don't get the attention those yellow towels create. It makes a difference. We need a blatant symbol too. Let the world know we love our team everywhere. Get in the other teams face even when we play in their stadium. GO RAVENS!!!

#17 TheSim

TheSim

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

As much as I'd love to see Roethlisberger go away, I think it's way too early to say he's on the "downside." He had a below average season full of injuries, no run game, and a new OC who he clearly didn't see eye-to-eye with. He's still only 30 years old. Brady is 36 and Manning is 38. Roethlisberger is still a dangerous QB and most likely will be for several years more.

#18 Bernie Mc1953

Bernie Mc1953

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:49 PM

Sure we have Spittsburgh on our thoughts as far as winning the big show, but it is not like we are not trying. the harder this team play the sooner they will get to the show. right now seems to me the Ravens are hungry and if they want it bad they have to play like they want it. I BELIEVE THEY ARE READY .

#19 General Flacco

General Flacco

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

Pitsburgh lost to Denver in the playoffs last year. They didn't make the playoffs this year. That sounds like 2 years in a row that we are better than the sqeelers in the playoffs.

#20 EpicRavensfan2!

EpicRavensfan2!

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

I will always love pittsburgh for one reason. They give is a great rival to despise.... Unlike Browns..... who just suck desite having top 10 picks every other year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users