Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flaccopoe

Payton, Saints Agree to a 5-Year Deal

7 posts in this topic

ESPN reports that Super-Bowl Champion coach Sean Payton has signed a 5-year deal with the Saints. Drew Brees commented that he's "Very happy it is official. Never had any doubts." This kills the dreams of owners and fans alike who would have loved to snatch up the dynamic coach.

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Not much of a surprise. The only thing that ruined his chances were Bounty Gate and even that has seemed to blow over quite nicely.[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Looks like the guys getting fired on Monday will have one less option.[/font][/i]

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1356748223' post='1281486']
ESPN reports that Super-Bowl Champion coach Sean Payton has signed a 5-year deal with the Saints. Drew Brees commented that he's "Very happy it is official. Never had any doubts." This kills the dreams of owners and fans alike who would have loved to snatch up the dynamic coach.
[/quote]
No doubt, a lot of owners are waiting for Payton to clear up his contract and snatch him right up.......the dude has mastermind of offense, similar to Belichick type of coach.

[quote name='AsianRice' timestamp='1356749851' post='1281505']
No doubt, a lot of owners [b]are[/b] waiting for Payton to clear up his contract and snatch him right up.......the dude has mastermind of offense, similar to Belichick type of coach.
[/quote]

Were. He's with New Orleans for the long haul now.

This also means Jerry Jones is forced to go with Garrett because the one big name coach he wanted is now off the market. Unless of course Jerry goes for Gruden but those two are the only big name coaches I know Jerry would sign. Now he is stuck with Garrett.

This is good for the Saints, that means they could very well go back to being an elite team and Super Bowl contender once again.

I wonder how NO will rebound next season with Payton back at the helm? He should whip the offense back into shape. Not sure how much he can do with their bottom-feeding defense. I suppose they'll snatch pass rushers left and right in the draft.

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1356753097' post='1281543']
I wonder how NO will rebound next season with Payton back at the helm? He should whip the offense back into shape. Not sure how much he can do with their bottom-feeding defense. I suppose they'll snatch pass rushers left and right in the draft.
[/quote]
They need a good DC coach; there are a lot of DC coach available after black Monday.....