Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BrownsFan

Thad Lewis. Who is Thad Lewis?

27 posts in this topic

Yep. I didn't even have a clue either really. Recall seeing him during the preseason but that's about it. So for those that wish to increase their starting QB knowledge I defer to Deadspin.

http://deadspin.com/5971785/everything-you-need-to-know-about-new-browns-quarterback-thad-the-champ-lewis

Sounds like another CLE train wreck just waiting to happen. Can't make deep throws. Erratic ball trajectory. This is why you can't expect anything out of fresh college QBs, the FBS and NFL are in completely different stratospheres. I don't care if he won 100 national titles in college. We all know what happened to Vince Young and Tim Tebow. Anyway, good luck to the Blue Devil! When was the last time a QB from Duke started?!

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1356731934' post='1281271']
Sounds like another CLE train wreck just waiting to happen. Can't make deep throws. Erratic ball trajectory. This is why you can't expect anything out of fresh college QBs, the FBS and NFL are in completely different stratospheres. I don't care if he won 100 national titles in college. We all know what happened to Vince Young and Tim Tebow. Anyway, good luck to the Blue Devil! When was the last time a QB from Duke started?!
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]*singing*... Shot doooown... in a blaze of glory...[/i][/font]

On the bright side, the article does mention this:

[color=#333333][font=Georgia, Times, 'Liberation Serif', serif][size=4]At worst? Well, he's still not [/size][/font][/color][url="http://deadspin.com/5966024/ryan-lindley-a-football-life"]Ryan Lindley[/url][color=#333333][font=Georgia, Times, 'Liberation Serif', serif][size=4].[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1356732622' post='1281287']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]*singing*... Shot doooown... in a blaze of glory...[/i][/font]
[/quote]
Take me now! But know the truth!
One of my faves, do not play this game with me!

Tough start, best of luck to the young guy. Wish i could get a pay jump just so my bosses can see what I can do lol.

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1356741401' post='1281414']
Take me now! But know the truth!
One of my faves, do not play this game with me!
[/quote]

You just completely de-railed this thread off the Off-Topic cliff!

Anyway, I think CLE will be stuck with Weeden for at least the next season. They'll probably draft a mediocre QB who will put some pressure on the soon-to-be sophomore, though. Also, is it just me or is Colt McCoy always getting injured in potentially big moments?

[quote name='Clutch Ravens' timestamp='1356742892' post='1281434']
Hardesty and Lewis sounds like a comedy double-act...
[/quote]

You're thinking of Laurel and Hardy!

[img]http://www.laurelandhardy.org/images/DVDLogo.jpg[/img]

I'm just saying if he lights it up he's the best thing since sliced bread. =D

Yeah.. I'm kind of not looking forward to watching this game. BUT.. it would be hilarious if we beat Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh with him starting.

[quote name='BrownsFan' timestamp='1356748675' post='1281491']
I'm just saying if he lights it up he's the best thing since sliced bread. =D

Yeah.. I'm kind of not looking forward to watching this game. BUT.. it would be hilarious if we beat Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh with him starting.
[/quote]

I wouldn't be surprised if you did. PIT's been tanking lately and you smacked them around last time with 8-or was it 7?- turnovers.

Poor Colt McCoy, he's the Cleveland version of Tebow. They keep passing on him for another quarterback. Well except that McElroy replacing Sanchez and Tebow was an upgrade.

There' going to be so many available QB slots available come the offseason... Lewis better play his heart out if he wants to stay off the bench next year.

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1356747111' post='1281465']

You just completely de-railed this thread off the Off-Topic cliff!

Anyway, I think CLE will be stuck with Weeden for at least the next season. They'll probably draft a mediocre QB who will put some pressure on the soon-to-be sophomore, though. Also, is it just me or is Colt McCoy always getting injured in potentially big moments?
[/quote]
Shut up! That song is a classic!
Clevland is going to stay with Weedan..... Then realize that they suck so will pick up Matt Flynn

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1356753936' post='1281553']
Clevland is going to stay with Weedan..... Then realize that they suck so will pick up Matt Flynn
[/quote]

The Browns aren't going to get Matt Flynn. There are wealthier teams than CLE that are also looking for a serviceable QBs, NYJ, SD, etc. Assuming the Seahawks don't just keep Flynn for themselves, which would be a great insurance plan for them, should Wilson regress or get injured.

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1356752220' post='1281535']
There' going to be so many available QB slots available come the offseason... Lewis better play his heart out if he wants to stay off the bench next year.
[/quote]

I find it ironic that there will be many Free Agent Quarterbacks available in the same year that there is no clear cut # 1 Franchise Quarterback or Quarterbacks in the 2013 NFL Draft.

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1356758305' post='1281591']

I find it ironic that there will be many Free Agent Quarterbacks available in the same year that there is no clear cut # 1 Franchise Quarterback or Quarterbacks in the 2013 NFL Draft.
[/quote]
#Facepalm

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1356758305' post='1281591']
[/quote]

They might as well just sit down and arrange to swap each other, like a giant trading card convention!

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1356753936' post='1281553']
[/quote]

I personally wouldn't be against Weeden getting another shot. I don't think he's THAT bad honestly and he has some upside but there are things he needs to work on as well.

[quote name='BrownsFan' timestamp='1356790372' post='1281647']
I personally wouldn't be against Weeden getting another shot. I don't think he's THAT bad honestly and he has some upside but there are things he needs to work on as well.
[/quote]

I still think your biggest problem with Weeden is age. Learning to read and react to NFL caliber defenses takes time (it took Flacco 4+ years to really figure out Cincy and Pittsburgh, and he still is hit or miss against the Steelers, and it took Brady and Brees about the same time before they showed they could be elite quarterbacks in this league). Weeden has shown he has a ton of talent, but how long is the front office going to wait for a guy who will be 30 next year to learn how to play the best before they decide to pull the plug?

Entirely valid points. That really is the big drawback right now. I guess it's up to the new regime to decide what they want to do.

[quote name='BrownsFan' timestamp='1356842470' post='1282154']
Entirely valid points. That really is the big drawback right now. I guess it's up to the new regime to decide what they want to do.
[/quote]

If Weeden would have went to a team where that team was in win now mode, he would have been better off. Going to Cleveland was the worst situation for him. I wouldn't be surprised if Weeden ends up in Arizona where they are in win now mode and only need a good QB.

[quote name='BrownsFan' timestamp='1356842470' post='1282154']
[/quote]

Jim Haslam seems real eager to clean house. All signs point to him firing Shurmur and Heckert. Weeden might be out the door too, come draft day.

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1356842992' post='1282161']
If Weeden would have went to a team where that team was in win now mode, he would have been better off. Going to Cleveland was the worst situation for him. I wouldn't be surprised if Weeden ends up in Arizona where they are in win now mode and only need a good QB.
[/quote]

Not to mention a completely revamped O-line and a stable RB!

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4][color=#333333][background=transparent]Since the NFL returned to Cleveland in 1999, the Browns have had five head coaches (not including interim). All of them are more than 10 games under .500 with the team. In those 14 seasons, the Browns have finished with a winning record just twice. They're headed for another 10+ loss season with Shurmur once again at the helm. They've combined for 82-156, as of Week 16.[/background][/color][/size][/font]

Thadeus Lewis rebounded pretty well after throwing a pick early. 209 yd and a TD against a top 3 defense. I'm impressed by his rookie start.