Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Who’s Playing, Who’s Not at Bengals

63 posts in this topic

The Ravens could rest some starters versus Cincinnati.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Who’s-Playing-Who’s-Not-at-Bengals/36935cf3-a3da-4d30-9d49-97e30aa82490]View the full article[/url]

We don't need Yanda, Ngata, Q or Ray for this one!

Let Arthur Jones and the kids continue to rumble and let the wounded "Ones" get a "Bye"!

Nugent is out?!?! Well, if we win, it won't seem fair, because the Bengals are without good Ol' Mr. Cat Scratch Fever!!

On offense:
Off for Yanda, Boldin, Rice, Leach
part-time (maybe a quarter or two) for J.Jones, T.Smith, D.Pitta

On Defense:
Off for Ngata, D.Ellerbe, T.Suggs, E.Reed, Pollard
Part-time for C.Williams, McPhee

I would not play any player who is even remotely hurt. Give them the week off. We need as many healthy bodies that we can get. If we have any chance in advancing past the first round we need to take it easy and just let the Bengals game play out with reserves and Tyrod. I did feel we needed to play all of our starters for a full half but as i look at our banged up troops and nothing to gain we need to rest as many bodies as possible.

Forget David Reed playing. The guy has done nothing, yet when we have a player like laquan williams who goes out and plays hard we don't give him a start. And I would also like to see Tyrod play out there

We def need to rest the players that are banged up, but on offense, i think we need to go full out, except Ray Rice. This will be just the 3rd game with our new OC, and the way last week went, we need to stay hot and keep working on things. There isn't a better place to work on it than Sunday. Flacco and Caldwell can continue to gell, along with the rest of the offense. I'd say give rice about 8-10 carries then let Pierce be the big dawg this week. I just want to be as healthy as possible going in to the playoffs, but i also want to be playing very well.

It would be nice to operate the offense as usual. It is not about momentum, but it is about getting Caldwell working with his unit on the road. We're going to have to take the show on the road (hopefully) during the playoffs, so we need all the time we can get with the our new OC.

That being said, it will be hard to get the rhythm going without Yanda and Boldin. That's our best run blocker and our most reliable receiver out of the mix.

Rest yanda we need him for the playoffs.... let Harewood get some playing time. Rest reed let the dude heal up.... Ngata should be fine. Rest suggs and give upshaw some more time. Everybody else should be fine... and keep pollard out 1 more game.... the chest thing is really bothering him it's been getting worse since week 2...let osemele play guard just to expierment.

I still think we can rest up our main guys who have lingering injuries and beat the Bangles.

That's right, I said the Bangles.

Would love to see Gradkowski out there to give Matt some rest and to see if he can handle a whole game.......Activate Dennis Dixon and give him some reps please........i would give Joe the start but don't want to see him hurt now(as if thats possible to hurt, he is VERY durable)but Tyrod and Dixon should get some reps......

Just like preseason football! Let the starters play the 1st half and in the 2nd half "Next Man Up"! The youngsters can handle ANY scratching and clawing the bungles may do! Lol!

Since they're not benching Flacco, it looks like he'll reach the 4000-yd mark for the 1st time in his career. He's just 217 yd short. CIN is the #10 passing defense, so it's feasible, but it won't be easy.

Just thinking... Why have a "Who's palying and who isn't" type article on Friday when we can't know that until Sunday? Seems to beat the purpose to me...

bio

The overwhelming fan sentiment is to rest darn near everybody. Harbaugh's given every indication that's not going to be our approach. It's going to be interesting to see how they actually handle this come Sunday.