Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Byrne Identity: Ravens Fan's E-Mail Inspires Team

48 posts in this topic

Matthew Jeffers has endured life-threating situations and helped put football in perspective.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Byrne-Identity-Ravens-Fans-E-Mail-Inspires-Team/c6349c49-ba16-4c00-88df-8eabf4bf14e6]View the full article[/url]

A powerful message by Matthew. Have been severely distressed since moring afer hearing news about a girl battling for life after gang rape in India.

His msg applies to everyone and for every walks on life. Attitude makes the world of difference.

Thanks for sahring this Kevin!

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]How could you not be inspired by that? If you weren't, check your pulse.[/font][/i]

That was, singlehandedly, the most touching message I have ever read in my lifetime. It makes me look at myself from a whole new perspective. God bless you and your family, Mr. Jeffers. My prayers are with you and your family, as well as all of us that struggle to conquer life.

Wow...just wow. Thank you, Michael. I do believe you have just inspired the entire Nation.

puts things in perspective for sure . thanks for sharing i think we all need a reality check once in awhile .

man! that message was so inspiring that i was ready to go blow the dust off of my old uniform and cleats and go out and make a play and hit somebody! wow! go Ravens!

~Mili

Wow. Such an inspiration. I got choked up reading this. It puts life in perspective. Wish the gentleman and his family nothing but the best.

Wow- reading this @ work on a slow day and it brought tears to my eyes. Hope no one comes in my office. :) God Bless you Matthew, you are a wonderful person. And hold on to the thought that God is wrapping his arms around your mom during this difficult time.

Everyone's said it all!

I can only add what, in 1960, corner-man Drew Bundini Brown said to Muhammad Ali between rounds of his fight with Sonny Liston:

"Rumble, Jeff, Rumble"!!!

Thank you for sharing that Matthew. You have a true resiliance. That in itself is a blessing from God. Thank you for taking that blessing and inspiring the rest of us. Thank you for also inspiring our Ravens team. They are also an example of true resiliance. God bless you and your family.

What an Inspiring story, we should have a similar story for every game we face to the Super Bowl,I'm sure Michael not alone, everyone has a story to tell some good some bad

[quote name='metalraven' timestamp='1356723824' post='1281096']
Wow...just wow
[/quote]

My sentiments exactly.

Awesome edition of The Byrne Identity once again Kevin! Thank you.

Mr. Jeffers thanks for putting things in the right perspective...you are truly the epitome of a fan. We, myself included, could all take a lesson from your message. Thank you for reminding us that life is 10% apptitude and 90% attitude and that we should keep things in the proper perspective.

Gratefully indebted, Grapple Raven

Awesome Story, thanks for sharing Kevin!

I remember that Game in 2006 vividly, Heaaap split the defenders as he dove.

More important than all of the personal attitude is to give all the glory to God who created all of us. To follow His statutes and commandments and remember his promise to reward us for doing so. All wins are His. He gives us comfort when needed and He boosts us so we are able to win. All the glory be to Him.

There will not be a better e- mail letter better then that one this year very touching in deed.and all of us fans feels that e-mail.

If that doesn't put life into perspective, then nothing will. Sport is challenge, game, play and competition. It forms our life-long identity of how we deal with adversity. Whether we play or watch, the desire is the same. We want to win.

T-Ball is fine for young children but hard work to succeed, but to lose, is how sport prepares us for life. Nice article once again. Go Ravens! Do your best.... like always!

Wow with a story like that there is really no reason to complain about almost anything