Photo

[News] Late For Work 12/28: Ed Reed Fined, Not Suspended. Why?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,534 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

Pollard not bothered by snub. Rice, Atkins set to clash. Local vs. national media picks.

View the full article

#2 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

%u201CI think there is still a message out there for players to say, %u2018Wait a second, if they%u2019re going to try to suspend Ed Reed, we better think [twice] about whether we want to hit these defenseless receivers,%u2019%u201D the AFC North blogger said.

Eh, to me it just sends a message that you guys flip-flop on whats a clean hit and what's not.

#3 uglyjay

uglyjay

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

They all picked the Giants last week

#4 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

He shouldn't be suspended, should NOT have been fined, and should NOT have even been penalized!

#5 Mahatma_Sloth

Mahatma_Sloth

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

good... we are underdogs, right where we like to be

#6 MDpgRaven

MDpgRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:56 AM

Yanda is such a Beast, watch him on running plays. he always takes his man to the ground

#7 mason85

mason85

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

Its good to be the underdog!

#8 Schoel

Schoel

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

Pollard is right, who cares about pro bowl if we can go to the super bowl

#9 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,246 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

And we are some serious under-dogs... Let's go boys. We need to show these people that the Ravens are still the Ravens... and the Bengals... Yes, they are still the Bengals.

#10 dwhravens

dwhravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

Suggs, please have another EPIC game against the Colts like you did last season. What a story that would be. Ravens 1st step to winning the Super Bowl was beating the Mayflowers!

#11 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

I do not see in any way that was an illegal hit. He went chest high and floored the guy. No head to head at all. The league wants the game to turn into a little to no contact sport and i hope they realize that if they keep changing the rules fans will just stop showing up. Someone needs to stop the commish before he ruins the game. I guess the defender can start going for the knees and wont that be very dangerous. You will see less and less of the receiver risking himself in some pretty routine plays because he is afraid his knees will be demolished.

#12 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

maybe they should mark spots on player with bulleyes. You can hit here and here and here but here or here.
That hit was a great hit, just like youre suppose to hit. And to call him a defensless player is nuts. He had time to turn and see Reed coming. Thats why he ducked his head.
Some one (owners presumeably) have got to put a stop to these stupid unrightious calls before they ruin the game.

#13 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

Don't ask "WHY?" ... Jeez, just what we need, for this article to remind the league office they forgot to suspend him this time. Keep it on the DL (and not the defensive line, either!).

I hope we remain the underdog all the way to New Orleans.

WE RAISE OUR HEAVY GLASS TO YOU IN OUR INDESTRUCTIBLE DAYS
login.png
MAY HEAVENS CALL TO YOU, MAY STARS ALIGN AND LIGHT YOUR WAY

#14 Johnwilson

Johnwilson

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

NFL is a Joke for this! Goodell Get him out of here!

#15 ravensforsb

ravensforsb

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

I can see a fine but not a suspension just off reality in the nfl headquarters I could actually probably see a suspension because of how silly there office could be at sometimes imam just leave that at that. Pollard would have made it and RG3 wouldn't have if not for fan voting, so I don't see a snub. Rice and atkins I think will go well because atkins goes up against birk and yanda. I believe between the two of them the will not let Geno dominate. But I am concerned about there ends Michael Johnson and carlos dunlap. They are a dangerous force for Oher and KO. I honestly believe that our points record would have definatly been broke this year, I am surprised we still have not scored enough points tbh. And I believe the ravens win 23-17

#16 tbird

tbird

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

This is the same media that almost unanimously picked the Giants over the Ravens last week. They don't know anything.

#17 Dfence4champs2052

Dfence4champs2052

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

It wasn't an illegal hit period. At a MINIMUM, the NFL needs to include an intent clause or something. You can see he was just making a play not trying to murder Cruz. SMH.

#18 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

"The strange twist is that Baltimore can set a new scoring mark just three games after firing its offensive coordinator..." wrote [Jamison] Hensley. Feeling nostalgic about Cam are you? Well, you have that luxury!

It's about the Lombardi Trophy, Mr. Hensley, not about how many more points you score than in previous years!

The Ravens have a Super Bowl to win for the team, city and Purple Nation; especially for #52, #20 and #55 and we needed to get a warrior!

Cam was no warrior Oh Coordinator and Harbs' blinding loyalty to C.C. may have cost a couple of shots at the Lombardi already!

So, that's no "strange twist"! That's trying to get it done! Jim Caldwell may not be the answer but "C.A.C." [Caldwell ain't Cameron]!

#19 -Op-

-Op-

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

FREE ED!

BOGUS FINE!!! Now theyre making players pay to play LEGALLY.

FREE ED!

#20 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

bad call on reed!! receivers are ducking to protect themselves thus putting their heads in the line of fire after the defenders have committed themselves in where they are going to hit or tackle you. nfl must change this rule to protect the defender unless there was clear intent to harm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users