36 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,258 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

Ray Rice believes Cincy is the NFL's most improved team since losing to Baltimore in Week 1.

View the full article

#2 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

this is a meaningful game if we win and the pats lose. we could host the afc championship if the broncos and texans somehow get upset.

#3 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

this is a meaningful game if we win and the pats lose. we could host the afc championship if the broncos and texans somehow get upset.

Yup, I agree. Although it's a lot to hope for. But there's a part of me that feels that this team needs to fight uphill the whole way; like it would be good for them. I don't know why I feel that way though.

#4 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,815 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

For all that has been said, I only take one fact to heart. That is, they are second best to the Ravens!

#5 RobFuseRaven

RobFuseRaven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

Yup, I agree. Although it's a lot to hope for. But there's a part of me that feels that this team needs to fight uphill the whole way; like it would be good for them. I don't know why I feel that way though.

I agree. I feel like we play better when our back is against the wall and we're fighting through adversity. Last year we had a first round bye and a home game and look what happened. I look at the Giants last year and I really feel like we can make it to the Super Bowl that way. They've said all year that we have yet to play our best football and I believe our guys can and will turn it on in the playoffs.

AREYOUNOTENTERTAINED_zpsc5c83436.png

“If anybody comes inside, I want to kill them.” -Marshal Yanda

#6 rmcjacket23

rmcjacket23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

Part of me wants to simply play everybody and beat Cincinnati just to remind them that they still can't beat the top dog in this division, no matter how much they improve.

But realistically, I think both coaches will realize by the 2nd half that this game is very much pointless. The first player who goes down with even a slight injury will probably spark that though in both Harbaugh and Lewis that maybe it's not a great idea to keep guys out there forever. Particularly, if our offensive line plays poorly and they are getting to Flacco, I dont expect him to stay out there a lot longer after that.

#7 rmcjacket23

rmcjacket23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

RobFuseRaven
Posted
14 minutes agometalraven, on 28 December 2012 - 11:31 AM, said:

I agree. I feel like we play better when our back is against the wall and we're fighting through adversity. Last year we had a first round bye and a home game and look what happened. I look at the Giants last year and I really feel like we can make it to the Super Bowl that way. They've said all year that we have yet to play our best football and I believe our guys can and will turn it on in the playoffs.

We are not the Giants. The Giants, even going back a few years, don't play well at home. They have always been a better road team.

We don't perform well on the road, especially our offense. I'm not saying we can't win a game or two on the road, but nobody will convince me that this team is better off not playing at home.

We would play better against the Patriots at home than we would against KC on the road, and we did that.

#8 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

What if the Pats lose, what if the Pats rest their players and lose? Playing like a Raven and balling so hard is the underlined goal, superbowl is the headline.

This is a playoff game, not a let's see who's better without starters game. If the Bengals win this game the are liable to beat us in the playoffs. Kick their [butts] this game and again in the playoffs if we see them.

Edited by Grapple Raven, 28 December 2012 - 02:49 PM.
Profanity

#9 rmcjacket23

rmcjacket23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

Hardhitters
Posted
7 minutes agoWhat if the Pats lose, what if the Pats rest their players and lose? Playing like a Raven and balling so hard is the underlined goal, superbowl is the headline.

1. What if the Pats lose? We move up from the 4 to the 3. And? We still host a 1st round game, and we still play a wildcard team we should beat. The only thing that changes in my opinion is a potential tougher round 2 game, but that depends on who you think the better team is.

2. NE can't rest their players, because they are playing for the 2 seed, which is a first round bye. They can't afford to rest players, which is all the more reason I give them a slim to none chance of losing.

#10 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

@rmcjacket23

So with that in mind we can't rest our players either, we are playing for a better seeding as well, if they do lose.

Also to put a stamp on the Bengals just in case we see them again on the road to the bowl of super.

Edited by Hardhitters, 28 December 2012 - 01:14 PM.

#11 rmcjacket23

rmcjacket23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

5 minutes ago@rmcjacket23

So with that in mind we can't rest our players either, we are playing for a better seeding as well, if they do lose.

Also to put a stamp on the Bengals just in case we see them again on the road to the bowl of super.

Define better seed? You mean moving from the 4 to 3? OK fine, I guess that's better.

But if I told you Houston was the 1, Denver the 2, and we were the 3, would you still thinks its a better seed?

That would mean a home game against Cincy, and a road game in Denver as the #3 seed.
Conversely, a 4 seed could warrant a home game against Indy, and a road game against Houston.

I'll take the latter.

#12 ravensforsb

ravensforsb

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

honestly keep on to that 4 seed make sure the Texans win and so do we and the patriots. I want this seeding come tome for the playoffs. All we have to do is beat the colts and Texans to get back to the AFC Championship. By then if we make it we will probably be out of our injury bug... and just as ray rice said we are battled tested. Nothing small is gonna shake us this year. We are now experienced to go to the SUPERBOWL. Our Final goal. #RAVENSFORSB

#13 rmcjacket23

rmcjacket23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

The bottom line is... I'm interested in the Ravens obtaining a path that I believe maximizes their chances of making it back to the AFC Championship.

In my opinion, that path starts with a game against Indy. I think they are by far the weakest AFC team in the playoffs, and I think we matchup much better against them than Cincinnati.

At the same time, if I'm given the choice of playing a second round road game in Houston, Denver, or NE, I'm picking Houston every single time.

As the 4 seed, that's precisely the most logical path that would occur right now. Surely not guaranteed, but I consider that the most likely scenario.

#14 RobFuseRaven

RobFuseRaven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

@Shaky End of the Quarter

That was last year. This is a new year. And I know Flacco outdueled Tom Brady. I watched the game along with every other depressed fan lol. I'm a Flacco supporter here. I'm just saying maybe this time in order to get past the sting of last year's lost, we NEED to overcome adversity in order to make it to the Super Bowl.

Edited by Grapple Raven, 28 December 2012 - 02:53 PM.
Quoted post removed due to inappropriate language

#15 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

@rmcjacket23

If we go off the season, we had a real shot at beating Denver until the turnovers, the swatting Texans was a harder game to beat. I would rather face Denver than Houston, but ultimately would rather beat both in the playoffs. Every team in the playoffs are good with a legitimate shot at winning the superbowl.

Edited by Hardhitters, 28 December 2012 - 01:26 PM.

#16 RobFuseRaven

RobFuseRaven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

RobFuseRaven
Posted
14 minutes agometalraven, on 28 December 2012 - 11:31 AM, said:

We are not the Giants. The Giants, even going back a few years, don't play well at home. They have always been a better road team.

We don't perform well on the road, especially our offense. I'm not saying we can't win a game or two on the road, but nobody will convince me that this team is better off not playing at home.

We would play better against the Patriots at home than we would against KC on the road, and we did that.

Of course it's better to play at home and I know we're not the Giants. I never said we were. Just saying sometimes you have to be backed into a corner to overcome.

#17 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

This will be a great test for us going into the playoffs. I fully expect to play anyone that isnt hurt. We are not going to lay down and give this game away just to "rest" some starters. The Ravens arent made that way. We need to keep the momentum going.

#18 rmcjacket23

rmcjacket23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

A minute ago@rmcjacket23

If we go off the season, we had a real shot a beating Denver until the turnovers, the swatting Texans was a harder game to beat. I would rather face Denver than Houston, but ultimately would rather beat both in the playoffs. Every team in the playoffs are good with a legitimate shot at winning the superbowl.

One was also at home, and one was on the road. The Houston game was also the first game after losing Webb and Lewis to injury, which was both deflating and difficult for a defense to overcome in one week.

Denver is playing much better football than Houston is, Houston is a much easier place to play in terms of crowd noise, and I generally have uncomfortable playing a team with two terrific outside pass rushers against our offensive line. Houston creates pressure, but it's usually inside.

Denver also has a HOF cover corner who took Smith out of the game and would probably do the same thing again.

I'll take Houston all day long.

#19 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

@rmcjacket23

Both games was a let down but Denver game was more win-able than the Houston game. The Texans defense played us better than Denver defense did. Peyton only won because we gave them the ball back 2 times.

#20 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

If Flacco didn't turn the ball over twice against Denver then people would see Denver is beatable.

Also against Denver, keep Ed Reed over those deep routes because they are going to take them. But if they are not there then more risk and pressure on Peyton trying to establish long drives.

If you fear a team, quit now and never say ball so hard again.

Edited by Hardhitters, 28 December 2012 - 01:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users