Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Was Justin Tucker Ravens' Pro Bowl Snub?

52 posts in this topic

Rookie Justin Tucker made 29 of 31 field goal attempts and boomed 48 touchbacks.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Was-Justin-Tucker-Ravens-Pro-Bowl-Snub/e55db41f-7c29-4611-893a-bfc1962cfac5]View the full article[/url]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]"Clutch" Tuck doesn't have to worry about the Pro Bowl... he'll be kicking in the Super Bowl this year. ;)[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]~ Cosmic[/i][/font]

They had similar performances....but what Tucker did was more impressive, being a rookie and beating out Cundiff in training camp. According to PFF, Tucker was 1st in the AFC for field goal attempts and had 48 touchbacks.

Dawson was 8 of 9, Tucker was 7 of 7 for kicks 20-29. For kicks 40-49, 6/6 and 9/10 respectively. But Dawson had 2 more for 50 .

The Tuck-man has nothing to fret over. They'll be many,many more Pro Bowl selections to come. Of course, that's supposing there's going to be more Pro Bowl's in the future.Any more games like last year's it's future is in jeopardy or should be!

No, no, no,... he was a Cam Cameron snub, the O.C. who never called a game that gave J.T. a chance to finish off stalled drives with a Field Goal!

Instead Cam dialed up his low percentage specials that, many times, resulted in E-Lite Flacco Sacks out of J.T.'s range!

Like the other ravens he will be busy . i love this kid he always seems to be having a good time on the field .with luck and health there will be many more years for him to get a pro bowl nod .

Not really a snub I guess. Dawson's misses were from shorter but he has also made more 50 yarders so I can't complain. Touchbacks don't really mean much anymore. Most teams will take a touchback with how good our special teams are.

Justin has proven his worth to all of us. I have confidence when he gets his shots. He's flying under the radar.

No he was not a snub. Dawson fully deserved to go to the Pro Bowl this year. The guy has missed one kick in the past two season that was not blocked or a ridiculously bad snap and that was from 56 yards. This year his only miss was blocked.

Tucker is a heck of a kicker and he'll have his day soon enough IMO.

Like I said before, I do not want Justin going to the Pro Bowl. It didn't exactly work out for Billy C. the year after he went. Don't want any jinxes, especially for this talented young man.

Isnt a rookie by definition (not) a pro? The pro-bowl is such a joke anymore anyway, the best players are in the Super Bowl and the rest are playin a glorified version of two-hand touch. They should just do away with that sham of a "game" all together, some sort of award ceremony after the season would suffice. That said, Tucker, you've won the collective confidence and respect of your team and fans alike....You should be proud, thats far more difficult to accomplish then some worthless pro-bowl nod.

I mean, Tucker has performed at a pro-bowl level, which is amazing, but he's just a rookie. This isn't that big of a deal. I see many more pro-bowls in Tucker's future.

I like Phil Dawson. He seems like a good guy and has consistently supported the struggling Browns. His career is nearing its end, and he deserves the nod right now. Gotta give respect to Phil.

Don't worry everyone J Tuck will be going there for years to come. This guy is money! Never have I felt so safe when he heads out to kick a field goal.

See, the great thing is that I bet you Tucker himself doesn't care one bit about the Pro Bowl. He just wants the team to win and go far in the playoffs. He seems to have that kind of team-first, for the love of the game mentality.

Tucker is one of my favorite Ravens, considering I signed off on a petition to sign him and boot Cundiff off the team!!! What if it was on BR.com - it still counts right??

Not only will Tucker make up for this snub with a SB win, he will be in the Pro Bowl for years to come. His career is just starting.

Kudos and respect for Phil. Tucker awaits his shot at a ring, all the other accolades, like going to Hawaii, will follow! I voted to play Cincy., because I think Andy Dalton is more of a known commodity, opposed to A. Luck. I was part of the 25% who picked Cincy to be our 1st opponent. Either way, we'll have to beat much better teams than Indy or Cincy to get to the promised land, I hope we do it, too!

I love Justin Tucker!
He's been a big improvement.

We have this dude here in Norway that is
simply an amazing kicker!
You just gotta see this!!!

Check out his video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDwbjHV8jLo&feature=player_detailpage