51 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,571 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

The Ravens veteran safety is a free agent at the end of the season.

View the full article

#2 jfarley1961@gmail.com

jfarley1961@gmail.com

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

Love you Ed Reed!!!

#3 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,320 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

At this point of his career, Reed acknowledged that his range in the secondary isn't exactly what it used to be, but he tries to compensate for that with his understanding of the mental part of the game.

"It's definitely not what it used to be when I was 24, versus 34," Reed said. "But that's where the mental part comes into it. You slow down physically, but mentally you get a lot stronger and you understand the game more, which allows me to play the game a certain way and understand how to play the game."

that's the same thing Ray Lewis is doing now. i love you old school cats with wisdom! keep ballin' Ed.

~Mili

Edited by Militant X 1, 27 December 2012 - 05:30 PM.

#4 redravenfan

redravenfan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

I dread the day i log on and hear ed's retirement speech or for ray lewis's . I don't see the ravens letting ed go its obvious he knows his game is slipping and if he decides to play another year i hope its with the ravens it wouldnt be right otherwise. lets get Reed and lewis a ring this year .

#5 NCMan

NCMan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

If Ed decides to play another year, I just hope we don't have to go through all the hoopla we have had to the last few years. Either say you're playing and negotiate a contract or not. And keep it all private, between him and the club.

#6 DarkKnight52

DarkKnight52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

After watching Ed and Ray all these years they set that tone LB safety connection that helped lead the team into the the top defenses year in and year out ,i was looking the other day and i see i glimpse of it in SF with Willis and there Safety ,to me those are the most important leaders on a defense ,so hopefully they stay,but health is always more important ,i just wish i can see Ray and Reed hold that Trophy up this year,im very defensive minded so this has been hard for me,i was a Huge Elway Fan and i was in canton for his speech and that was very hard for me,i met him got to talk ,all be there for ray and Reed ,only difference is this will be so much harder for me ,because i was a Elway Fan ,times have changed Ray and Reed Have been there like Family to us Ravens Fans with all the charity work they do and what the bring to this city ,they are the Baltimore Ravens,and they will always be the Faces that stand out most and remind us all why were Proud to be raven Fans.

#7 outkast1

outkast1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

CHANGE ! Its a hard thing for most of us....but the team will plan for the future.
Joe Flacco will be due 17 mill. under a franchise tag or about 5 to 10 mill a year contract.Ed Reed & Bouldin are at the end of their contracts.The Ravens will need cap space to bring on new players for the future.The doors to castle, are open?

#8 Guest_wasabiebird_*

Guest_wasabiebird_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

hard to believe its been 11 years . Thanks ed for all you have done and will continue to do for the ravens nation.

#9 RagingRaven52

RagingRaven52

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

quarterbacks still dont throw it towards him

#10 EpicRavensfan2!

EpicRavensfan2!

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

Offer reed a 3 year 15 million dollar deal... We're gonna need a leader after ray retires this season.... Suggs and Ngata our future leaders Haven't led us.

#11 MissRay27

MissRay27

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

ED you're still the best!

#12 EpicRavensfan2!

EpicRavensfan2!

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

The 3 ravens I will always remember is J.O,Ray Lewis, Ed reed (if you don't know who J.O is you are not a ravens fan.) Phsyicality will always be the way of the raven. J.O knocked you on ur back Ray lewis will whack you one. Ed reed picks you off and shoves you out of the way to get to the endzone. Jamal lewis with his tough style of running Pollard with his hitting. T-sizzle with his Sack dances. Ngata with his royal farms chicken.

#13 axisofeeble

axisofeeble

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

Ed Reed just like Ray Lewis is not getting better,just older. Reed is not worth a long term guareenteed contract. He still hits hard but is slower,gets hurt more and at times looked "lost" working with Cary Williams. Let Ed saddle Rex Ryan with big money and we need to move on. Ed Reed will always be reverred&loved here and is a hall of famer but his best days have already been played. Look North at long-haired Troy ,how long will his reputation keep him in the league? Good Luck Ed you were a great RAVEN.

#14 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,478 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

after we win the superbowl this year we will release lewis reed mckinnie kemoeatu kindle williams and possibly boldin. birk will retire and we better go after LT jake long. flacco kruger and oher will be resigned. this is a business folks and releasing these guys is the right business move to make moving forward to the 2013 season and beyond. one other point to make is suggs will be entering his 11th year and ngata his 8th so we need to pursue a FA d-lineman that can help and freeing up $$ is vital in doing this. go ravens!!

Edited by The Greek, 27 December 2012 - 07:15 PM.

#15 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,889 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

it's crazy to think Ed and Ray could go out at the same time. Speaks to the awesome powers of Ray Lewis and his love of the game

#16 raven5286

raven5286

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

Ray Lewis is the leader of this team. T-Sizzle brings the tenacity to our guys. Ngata puts in the heavy artillery. Reed adds in the resilency. You cannot say enough about those guys.

#17 respecttheRaven

respecttheRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

NFL News is reporting that Reed has been fined $55,000.00 for his "illegal" hit on Cruz. SMH. It was not an illegal hit, it was a hard hit and a good one at that!!!!

#18 ravensforsb

ravensforsb

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

And to be honest im not that worried if he comes or goes neither. Just think about it, if he is that much of a force that no one will throw near him then that's less opportunities to get the ball. He has done marvels for the team, he has done everything you would want and need and more. But we have players already that can step up and make plays. We have witnessed it all year and plus look on the bright side, Jimmy smith and Omar brown are not corners. They both can play that fs spot and do well at doing so. I believe there is only up not down if ed reed leaves and no offense intended for an exceptional marvelous player.

#19 feartheflock

feartheflock

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

I doubt the Ravens will release Reed after this season(thats if he doesn't retire). We have nobody else to put back there better then Ed Reed. And losing Reed and Lewis at the same time would be devastating. Im pretty sure Ozzie and Ed will work something out.

#20 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

This is bullcrap. You know his future with us is always on his mind. He wants to get paid and we aren't going to give him what he wants. The Ravens front office has no problems cutting ties with big name players to save money and Ed will be no different. I can't imagine him on another team next season though. That would crush me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users